Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Jul 2014, 02:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Is OG11 and OG12 enough?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 41

Kudos [?]: 592 [0], given: 3

Is OG11 and OG12 enough? [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2009, 22:26
Hi,

I plan on taking the GMATs in less than a month with my main concern being the quant section, since its where I feel I am weak. I have gone through the MGMAT quant books (and have a decent understanding of the material there) and gone through all OG11 and OG12 questions once (I did not do that well on them the first time through), as well as the Quant review book from GMAC.

As I am running out of time, would it be enough to go through the same quant questions again and gain a full understanding of these, or would it be better for me to tackle questions from the GMATclub challenges (I took the free one and did not do that well)?

My first and only diagnostic using the GMAC software was around 650 and I am aiming for a score of 700. Would simply drilling officials questions probably be enough to get me over the hurdle, assuming I get a good understanding of those questions? All I am hoping for is 700, not 750..

Your input is greatly appreciated!
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 53

Kudos [?]: 379 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Is OG11 and OG12 enough? [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2009, 06:00
Hello risys82,

Your question entirely depends on you.

For some, this is enough. For others, it is not.

Use your practice tests to determine if simply doing questions is sufficient, or if you require books that target a specific subject.

Maintaining an error log will also help.

Best of luck,

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Director
Director
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 237 [0], given: 20

GMAT Tests User
Re: Is OG11 and OG12 enough? [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2009, 16:27
In my candid opinion, i don't think your success is primary hinged on the volume of prep materials
at your disposal. To a large extend, it depends on your level of self-discipline.

With resources from MGMAT, GMATPREP, access to gmatclub tests and regular participation on the
forum, i think you have all that it takes to tame the GMAT within your expected score.

Just be sure to participate regularly on all issues that border you.
Goodluck.

KUDOS me if you feel my contribution has helped you.

Re: Is OG11 and OG12 enough?   [#permalink] 21 Dec 2009, 16:27