Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:29 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 120 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:Wharton Class of 2011
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 120 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:Wharton Class of 2011
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Re: Is PT MBA even worth doing, for my case? [#permalink]
emperorblack wrote:
Thanks for the reply. If I understand correctly, your advice is that if I'm gonna do PT MBA, do it from a good school (i.e not Santa clara or San jose) or not do it at all. :|

Unfortunately, something like that...

1. For career swith and 50k salary increase you need well regarded full-time MBA
    2. For 50k salry increase inside your current industry you need well regarded, or should I say, top notch part-time program
    3. Third option... Well, third option would be to sit and enjoy your current, well paid job. Not bad at all, if you ask me :)

But, part-time MBA from local school... It won't give you nothing you already don't have, except additional debt.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I think it is first important to determine if you would enjoy the coursework and experience. If you are going to be miserable spending 3 hrs in class after work, 2x a week, and studying weekends (neglecting family) for 2-4 years...then it might not be worth it...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 866 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
 Q49  V39
I think another consideration is you have to really determine what the MBA will do for you. It seems like you want to mix marketing with your software experience and get a 50k raise. Well how will an MBA help you achieve all of those things? In all honesty, I don't know how much value an MBA would be for your goals. But as Pathfinder said, go to a well-respected program, or don't go at all.
GMAT Club Bot