Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 03:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Is Rollins a good school? Am I making the right choice?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Is Rollins a good school? Am I making the right choice? [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2010, 08:57
I am a recent grad and have been accepted to Rollins with a decent scholarship and I am 90% sure I am going to accept. I was just wondering what are your thoughts on the program. I am looking for a career in marketing (have a BBA in marketing). It seems to get some rankings but I don't think it is nationally known yet. Here are some of the recent rankings:

ROLLINS FULL-TIME MBA RANKED #36 IN NATION & #1 IN FLORIDA
--FORBES, August 2009
ROLLINS PROFESSIONAL MBA RANKED #39 IN NATION & #1 IN FLORIDA
--BusinessWeek, November 2009
ROLLINS CORPORATE MBA RANKED #59 IN WORLD & #1 IN FLORIDA
--Financial Times October 2009
RANKED #22 IN THE NATION FOR ENTREPRENEURIAL STUDIES
--Entrepreneur magazine & The Princeton Review, September 2009
LEADERSHIP CENTER RANKED #22 IN THE NATION
--Leadership Excellence magazine, October 2009

any thoughts?
Current Student
Schools: R1: Kellogg WL, Haas WL, Fuqua, Darden R2: Wharton
WE 1: Biotech Strategy
WE 2: Health Economics
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 2

Re: Is Rollins a good school? Am I making the right choice? [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2010, 09:39
It might help to know your goals and other options.

Maybe it's better to gather some experiance and go to school later? Maybe you have a job offer. Maybe you don't. Going to Rollins seems like the safe bet to me but I don't know you.

I think any Rollins alum would know better then me. I would 1) talk to them and 2) look at some schools that you could try to target in a few years.

How different are the jobs these people are getting?
Is there a pay gap? How much?
What do they say about the alumni network?
Do they have a water skiing team and a campus like a resort?
Intern
Intern

Re: Is Rollins a good school? Am I making the right choice? [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2010, 10:03
Thanks. I do not have a job offer at the moment and the job market is devastated where I am. The only available jobs are either $10 a hour or demand 5+ yrs experience on top of the Bachelors, which as a recent graduate (12/09) I do not have. One of my goals, if I choose to go to Rollins, would be to work for Disney. I always wanted to work for Disney and they do have a great relationship to Rollins as most of Disney's top execs in Orlando are Rollins alum. Either with or without Disney, I would like to be a marketing manager post-MBA and do some work in consumer behavior/insights.

Rollins has a great relationship with their alumni which is a major reason why I applied and I have yet to hear any alum say a bad thing about the program (given that I have only spoken to 5-7 people). In regards to the campus, it is the nicest campus I have ever been on and their staff has been great to me so far and I am not even in the program yet. As I am writing this I think I just convinced myself that Rollins the place for me.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Tuck R1, Darden R1, McCombs R1, Fuqua R2 (Int-w/d)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Is Rollins a good school? Am I making the right choice? [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2010, 11:48
vin1215, I had a management internship with Disney several years ago. There was certainly a huge Rollins presence in corporate positions there and I would say that a Rollins MBA is well-respected in Florida. That being said, as someone from the northeast, I hadn't heard of the school prior to spending a few months in Orlando. Just something to consider if you decide you don't want to stay in Florida after graduation or that Disney is not for you.
Intern
Intern

Re: Is Rollins a good school? Am I making the right choice? [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2010, 11:58
Thanks for the reply smadge! Well even if Disney is not for me, I still want to live in Florida, preferably south Florida since that is where I grew up and I love it there. How was the Disney experience and do you still have any contacts over there??

Posted from my mobile device Image
Re: Is Rollins a good school? Am I making the right choice?   [#permalink] 28 Jan 2010, 11:58