Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 08:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Is the Foundations of Math Book enough for a 600??

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Is the Foundations of Math Book enough for a 600?? [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 18:36
Hello everyone!

I made a really bad mistake and studied the quant strategy books for 1.5 months before switching over to verbal....i took a practice test and got a 20 on quant...basically I did not retain almost any of the quant i studied only after 2 weeks!!! (but definitely retained the verbal, i got a 32)

i then realized that this is because i did not have a solid basic math foundation to begin with (didnt ever like math in my life, unfortunately....i am so regretting not caring when i was in highschool!)

my question is this- if I study just the foundations of math book (by mgmat) - will it be enough for me to get a 600? (i have 2.5 weeks before i must take the test...i know :( )

ANY guidance would be SO helpful. and much appreciated.

Thank you all!
-m.

Last edited by mbonebone on 26 Mar 2013, 20:58, edited 1 time in total.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Re: Is the Foundations of Math Book enough? [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 20:56
Anybody?

all i need is a 600. or a little bit over that i'd be happy too.

On Verbal - I'm currently getting the 600-700 questions.
1 KUDOS received
BSchool Thread Master
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 550 Q30 V36
GMAT 2: 660 Q41 V40
GMAT 3: 670 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.27
WE: Corporate Finance (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 28 [1] , given: 70

Reviews Badge
Re: Is the Foundations of Math Book enough? [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 08:49
This post received
KUDOS
mbonebone wrote:
Anybody?

all i need is a 600. or a little bit over that i'd be happy too.

On Verbal - I'm currently getting the 600-700 questions.

I don't think so. I don't think that book is sufficient to get you past the 500-600 level questions, it's very basic. It depends on what you're looking for.

Also - be careful and don't shoot for a score just to land in the average-land. I did that last time around and I hit the score I was looking for but it was so heavily weighted in verbal that my quant percentile was still too weak to be competitive at the schools I was looking at, so even if you're awesome at verbal - you may need to really work at quant.

I'd probably recommend using the OG Tracker with the official guide, do as many of those problems as you can to find your weaknesses and work specifically on those so you're not wasting time - especially since the test is coming up.

Good luck!

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." - Walt Disney

Intern
Intern

Re: Is the Foundations of Math Book enough for a 600?? [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 09:22
Thank you Ryan!

I appreciate the color!

I will definitely give it my best shot....hopefully the school will let me re take it if i need to.

Have a good day.

Best,
mbonebone
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 278

Kudos [?]: 612 [0], given: 5

Re: Is the Foundations of Math Book enough? [#permalink] New post 18 May 2013, 06:16
Expert's post
Quote:
I'd probably recommend using the OG Tracker with the official guide,

For anyone looking for an online OG Tracker, you can use the OG13 Tracker we have here: http://www.gmatpill.com/official-guide/

There's a timer with each question - along with page numbers for reference to the OG book. Feel free to send any feedback this way.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Re: Is the Foundations of Math Book enough?   [#permalink] 18 May 2013, 06:16