Hi everyone, first the info:
1) 27 in Summer 2013
2) Major in International Management at large privat university in Germany (3.1 GPA overall / 3.6 GPA in double-major: Project Management and Marketing) with a company scholarship (big oil company) and a semester abroad (Netherlands top 100 FT Management)
GMAT: 660 81st Percentile (47Q and 33V)
3) Central European Project Manager for one year now. Before: Business Analyst for Germany (2 Years) and 2 Years Trainee with time in Hong Kong (before Graduation!). Total: 5 years in oil industry with big global player.
Emerging Leaders program since last week
4) Honorary Ambassador of South Korea since 2011, Involved in scholarship and student exchanges since 2004
5) Would like to move into consulting
6) Prefer one year MBA. On my list to apply in the summer (early rounds): Kellogg (dream, but not realistic), Emory, Notre Dame
Reccomendations I wanted to ask: Consultant I have been working with in the last project and my line manager within the big oil company.
Compared to the "normal" average the one-year programs for business majors tend to be less competetive on the hard numbers. I would like to focus on the electives and therefore see the accelarated MBA / one-year MBA as a good idea. What do you think? Any advice?
faber est quisque fortunae suae