Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 11 Jul 2014, 02:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Is the Quantitative section more important?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Is the Quantitative section more important? [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2007, 15:26
Hi everyone, I'm new to this board and so glad that I found it!
I took the GMAT some two weeks ago and scored 710 (I'm a bit disappointed about my score since I always scored higher on gmatprep but still, it's ok).

I heard that business schools pay more attention to the quantitative section score and I'm a bit worried cause I got 47 which is just the 82nd percentile (I got 41 on verbal, 93%). Is that true? I was really suprised with my Q score because I've always considered myself a math-person AND I'm not a native English speaker so I thought I would get a better score at Q than V. What do you think? Is retaking the test worth the time and money?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2007, 21:18
It is a good score. Your Q score is above 80%, so I don't think it will cause any problems for the best schools. You don't need to worry about this score.
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2007, 21:28
Dont worry you are fine. Just apply!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2007, 09:06
Thanks, I appreciate your comments. Still, I'm not convinced. I guess I will just give myself a few days to think about it and then decide what to do. I studied just for five days and I know I can do better than that.
SVP
SVP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 81 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2007, 10:14
710 with an 80/80 split?

Your gmat won't be the reason you do not get into bschool.
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 70 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2007, 10:35
You have a great score. The only valid reason I would see for taking the GMAT again is if you need to compensate for a low GPA, or if you're planning on going into consulting or i-banking or any other industry that considers GMAT scores.

Oneo ther thing: I would only retake for those two reasons if you are 100% sure that you will do better the next time you take the test. In other words, if you were consistently scoring around 730 or 740 on practice tests, and you think your 710 represents the lower end of your scoring range, then go for it.
  [#permalink] 13 Mar 2007, 10:35