Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 23:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Is there a chance for me to get min 600?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Is there a chance for me to get min 600? [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2009, 14:02
Hey :)

I am posting here just to gain some confidence before the exam which is just one week away. I took the first GMAT on the 7th of last September, with score of 540 ( Q37,V27) very disappointing.

I made up my mind to go for a second attempt in October, since I am applying for American University in Beirut for Spring intake of 2010 and the deadline is 31 of the same month. They ask for 570 minimum. The MBA director at the university encouraged me to go for another shot, I have very good profile in terms of GPA and work experience.

I started my study plan with OG12. kept an error log which I saved for the last week ( coming one). My weak areas dwell in verbal section.

I have been taking cats lately and scoring above 600, ( 620,640,610,630) the fact is that I am not really confident that these score reflect my real level as there are good number of questions repeated. Am I right about this??

I did one MGMAT and scored 580, planning to take another three tests during next week.

I found that my Quantitative score had raised, reaching to 47 with no significant change noticed on verbal section.

I can’t sleep, spending the night thinking about the test day, I walk up in the morning and first thing I do is PrepCAT,then spending the rest of day reviewing my mistakes and solving some other problems from different sources.

I need to gain my confidence and clear my mind. This is really my last chance. Please I need your words to encourage me. Is there a chance to get 600

P.S: if anyone know some good source than can help to develope my math skills in Probabilities and combinations.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9413 [0], given: 3699

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Is there a chance for me to get min 600? [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2009, 15:31
Expert's post
Do what you do - keep taking the full tests with AWA. Try spending some time reading articles or scientific test to get yourself ready for the daunting 4-hour experience.

For Probabilities - here you go: combinations-permutations-and-probability-references-56486.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: Is there a chance for me to get min 600? [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2009, 02:06
bb wrote:
Do what you do - keep taking the full tests with AWA. Try spending some time reading articles or scientific test to get yourself ready for the daunting 4-hour experience.

For Probabilities - here you go: combinations-permutations-and-probability-references-56486.html

Hey BB

Thanks for the advice, I have been reading your posts around in the forums and wished that you would reply to my post and it happened :))

I have just finished MGMAT and got 620 , ( A42,V33) , WHAT DO YOU THINK??

Just a note, in the quantitative section, there was 1 question repeated which I just solved yesterday and on Verbal I can tell also two maximum.

waiting your reply
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9413 [0], given: 3699

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Is there a chance for me to get min 600? [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2009, 00:07
Expert's post
rshawabka wrote:
bb wrote:

Hey BB

Thanks for the advice, I have been reading your posts around in the forums and wished that you would reply to my post and it happened :))

Just a note, in the quantitative section, there was 1 question repeated which I just solved yesterday and on Verbal I can tell also two maximum.

waiting your reply

Sorry - missed your post in the ones that came in this weekend. You are doing good - you can bump both your quant and verbal and increase your score nicely. Aim to raise your scores 2-3 points each and you will be in good shape. Work on what's easiest first. (Quant for many around here).

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: Is there a chance for me to get min 600? [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2009, 09:51
Hey again.

I have just finished the final GMATprep and got 720 well, ( repeated it around six times ) :)) I guess for sure I can't consider it as an indicator since frankly most of the quantitative were repeated. I faced tough questions at the end and guessed one difficult one right.. I am really confused, what shall I consider this 720...

I still have problem with time management especially in Q section, Please advise me what to do

bb wrote:
rshawabka wrote:
bb wrote:

Hey BB

waiting your reply

Sorry - missed your post in the ones that came in this weekend. You are doing good - you can bump both your quant and verbal and increase your score nicely. Aim to raise your scores 2-3 points each and you will be in good shape. Work on what's easiest first. (Quant for many around here).
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 5

Re: Is there a chance for me to get min 600? [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2009, 11:04
rshawabka wrote:
Hey again.

I have just finished the final GMATprep and got 720 well, ( repeated it around six times ) :)) I guess for sure I can't consider it as an indicator since frankly most of the quantitative were repeated. I faced tough questions at the end and guessed one difficult one right.. I am really confused, what shall I consider this 720...

I still have problem with time management especially in Q section, Please advise me what to do

Just to give you a different perspective, I got 650 on my first shot @GMATPrep1, on the second attempt I got a 700. Now the 700 had a very few repeats, and ironically I missed most of the repeats. Instead of taking the whole 75 mins to finish each section, I finished them under 65 & 70 mins respectively.

I will say do not worry too much about what the 720 actually means, instead focus your energy on the other tests. If you haven't taken the 2nd one, and when you do take it you should get a good approximation of where you stand.
Intern
Intern

Re: Is there a chance for me to get min 600? [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2009, 12:04
Thanks for your input Jivana,

the problem I have taken both preps more than one time, guess three at least... :s that's I am so worried. I am getting scores beyond 600 but I need to gain confidence that I will pass 600

:S I am getting nervous, the exam is just 6 days away :SS:
Jivana wrote:
rshawabka wrote:
Hey again.

Just to give you a different perspective, I got 650 on my first shot @GMATPrep1, on the second attempt I got a 700. Now the 700 had a very few repeats, and ironically I missed most of the repeats. Instead of taking the whole 75 mins to finish each section, I finished them under 65 & 70 mins respectively.

I will say do not worry too much about what the 720 actually means, instead focus your energy on the other tests. If you haven't taken the 2nd one, and when you do take it you should get a good approximation of where you stand.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Is there a chance for me to get min 600? [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2009, 13:08
You can take the MGMAT, Kaplan, PR, et al., there are quiet a few free CATs out there. And don't be nervous, believe in yourself...and go out all guns blazing!

I say watch '300' the day before you take the test. :-D

Good luck, n' my best wishes!
Intern
Intern

Re: Is there a chance for me to get min 600? [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2009, 06:30
Ok well,
three days before the test day :)

I have just taken GMATprep 1, it seems that I was practicing on PREP2, since prep1 had few repeats, missed some of them though..

Anyway I scored 650. 49 quantitative and 31 verbal... felt better actually since I had a good deal of new questions.

What do you think JIVANA??

Jivana wrote:
rshawabka wrote:
Hey again.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Is there a chance for me to get min 600? [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2009, 08:56
I think you are doing pretty good, I say keep the tempo up, and you should hit your target.

Don't let the 650 relax you, keep practicing. And one more thing, if you haven't done any of the tests with the AWA, you should do at least one before D-day!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Fuqua
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 15

Re: Is there a chance for me to get min 600? [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2009, 10:02
With 3 days left, I would not take the risk of taking one more Full CAT. 4 hours of mental strain is really not needed just before the real exam.
Intern
Intern

Re: Is there a chance for me to get min 600? [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2009, 10:19
agree, adding to that I have to trael to another country to do the GMAT :D..
but i have to do one last MGMAT tomorrow morning with AWA...
and check my errors and few things from the OG...

My god, I have to pass the 600, I have to...
Anyway thank you mrmarthi :)

mrsmarthi wrote:
With 3 days left, I would not take the risk of taking one more Full CAT. 4 hours of mental strain is really not needed just before the real exam.
Intern
Intern

Re: Is there a chance for me to get min 600? [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2009, 10:21
I am just far away from being relaxed..

I will do one last full exam tomorrow morning with MGMAT..review my mistakes and prepare my self for the big day... wish me best luck :))
thanks

Jivana wrote:
I think you are doing pretty good, I say keep the tempo up, and you should hit your target.

Don't let the 650 relax you, keep practicing. And one more thing, if you haven't done any of the tests with the AWA, you should do at least one before D-day!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Is there a chance for me to get min 600? [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2009, 11:14
rshawabka wrote:
I am just far away from being relaxed..

I will do one last full exam tomorrow morning with MGMAT..review my mistakes and prepare my self for the big day... wish me best luck :))
thanks

Jivana wrote:

Ok, the bold part is not good. By not relaxing, I meant do not take it for granted, you still need to go and fight for each of those problems. But please don't stress out about it. Relax, and let the process take over; trust you instincts and believe in yourself.

my best wishes!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Fuqua
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 15

Re: Is there a chance for me to get min 600? [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2009, 11:53
Good luck.......Do post the result. Will be eager to see the outcome.
Re: Is there a chance for me to get min 600?   [#permalink] 15 Oct 2009, 11:53