Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 05:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Is there still time to take the GMAT and apply for next fall

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Affiliations: IIT, Purdue, PhD, TauBetaPi
Schools: Wharton, Sloan, Chicago, Haas
WE 1: 8 years in Oil&Gas
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 73 [0], given: 15

Is there still time to take the GMAT and apply for next fall [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2010, 01:22
Guys
So I am on the older side now and I feel this year will be my last chance to apply for the full time MBA. I plan to take the GMAT next month. Assuming that I do well in GMAT is there enough time to still do the rest of the application process - get recommendations, prepare the essays and the rest? I am looking to switch careers - I have been doing engineering for the last 8 years (I know long) and want to get into Finance, well I will have to build a story there, but is there sufficient time to the rest *well*?

Consider kudos, they are good for health

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 328 [0], given: 19

Premium Member
Re: Is there still time to take the GMAT and apply for next fall [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2010, 04:25
Expert's post
If this is your last chance, you should give it a try. Most of Round 2 application deadlines aren't until January 2011. However, you should probably start thinking about the schools you want to apply for based on your interest and your practice GMAT scores. Once you have a general idea of the schools, start working on the essays, if only for practice purposes. The "b-school' section of the forum is very helpful to take your through the application cycle.

Good Luck

Diversity

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 85 [0], given: 66

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Is there still time to take the GMAT and apply for next fall [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2010, 06:51
of course, I havent taken the GMAT yet though am taking it next week, and have enough time for R1 apps and to take it again. I have all the app stuff and almost have schools picked though. I wouldn't feel that great about the timing it if I haven't studied up to this point.
Also if your a strong candidate R3 may be an option

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Director
Director
Affiliations: IIT, Purdue, PhD, TauBetaPi
Schools: Wharton, Sloan, Chicago, Haas
WE 1: 8 years in Oil&Gas

Kudos [?]: 73 [0], given: 15

Re: Is there still time to take the GMAT and apply for next fall [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2010, 06:56
Yes I had some issues develop at work last fall and I really wanted to take charge of my life, I researched and MBA is one of the most diverse degrees out there that can open doors.. Of course, people know that but we can't say that to adcoms.. I had a chance to rush it to R3 but my mind was just too preoccupied...

Now at 34 this is my last chance... I have a PhD and have more than enough work ex in the field (which can be counterproductive for the MBA app, but I can't undo it anymore :( ). I know GMAT is only one thing, there is so much more to be done.. But I want to give it all I have, lest I regret it, later...

For now GMAT, 700+ is my target, though I keep making silly mistakes all the time...

Consider kudos, they are good for health

Re: Is there still time to take the GMAT and apply for next fall   [#permalink] 14 Aug 2010, 06:56