Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 20:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Is this the Ultimate GMAT Study Plan?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 8

Is this the Ultimate GMAT Study Plan? [#permalink] New post 01 May 2013, 12:11
Hello fellow GMAT preppers,

I thought I'd share my study plan in the hopes of 1) getting some feedback from everyone on if I'm doing things right, if I'm doing things wrong, if I'm crazy, opinions/etc., and 2) helping others see a what a good study plan does/doesn't consist of.

So here's my GMAT Study Plan:

Study Strategy:
-take a OG practice test just to familiarize myself with the type of test GMAT is
-begin by reading and taking notes in the MGMAT guides. I plan to read all of them cover to cover, as I have found that even the easiest of them offer great time savings strategies (time is my biggest obstacle in taking the GMAT)
-post/read gmatclub forum 1 x per week. Do the questions of the day every day.
-while reading the MGMAT guides, make flash cards. Before each new study session, go through existing flashcards at least once (helps me with retaining what I learned).
-Highlight all problems that take longer than 2:30 to complete in the MGMAT problem sets, or any that I get wrong (I use a timer on all questions, this helps with creating an internal clock of when exactly 2 mins is up).
-at the end of every MGMAT book, redo any highlighted problems.
-At the end of every 2-3 MGMAT books, take a practice test (MGMAT practice).
-When I have finished all MGMAT guides, I plan on reviewing my flashcards 3-4 times per week, and spending the remaining study time just doing practice problems from the OG (both guide and CAT), MGMAT (highlighted ones in guide, and CAT), and Gmatclub. I will log all wrong questions, and re-do these later, or possibly review the notes I wrote in the MGMAT books as needed. I plan on taking 1 full test (both verbal and math back to back) 1 x per week during this time period.
-Reevaluate study strategy as needed

Study Times:
-20 hours per week for 3 months
-first 2 months= learning (reading MGMAT, making flashcards, occasional practice tests)
-last 1 month= practice tests only, (review notes as needed).

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK. so far I've been studying 2 weeks and think this is a good idea, but i'm just a newb, so the more help from others the better!!!!

~Mr. VonParkenShredder

"Try not; do, or do not. There is no try" --Yoda

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 8

Re: Is this the Ultimate GMAT Study Plan? [#permalink] New post 01 May 2013, 12:33
Almost forgot: I also am devoted to exercising daily during this time and "GMAT enjoyment Reading" every night...I've heard doing these things help people score better, but I think it will also just help me with keeping my sanity during such a busy time :)

~Mr. VonParkenShredder

"Try not; do, or do not. There is no try" --Yoda

Re: Is this the Ultimate GMAT Study Plan?   [#permalink] 01 May 2013, 12:33