Is \(x = 0\) ?
1. \(xy = x\)
2. \(x + y = y\)
* Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but Statement (2) ALONE is not sufficient
* Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but Statement (1) ALONE is not sufficient
* BOTH statements TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient
* EACH statement ALONE is sufficient
* Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient
My reasoning is the following but OA is different, what am I doing wrong?
Stat1: xy - x = 0 ===> x = 0, y = 1...sufficient
Stat1: x = 0
Answer should be B
state1: x(y-1)=0 MEANS either x=0 or y=1
its not necessary that both conditions have to satisified
e.g. x=2 y=1 --> x(y-1) = 0
e.g x=0 y=3 -->x(y-1) = 0
x can be 0 or any other number..
statement 1 is not suffcieint
stat2: straight forward x=0
Your attitude determines your altitude
Smiling wins more friends than frowning