Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Apr 2014, 05:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
ISB Threadmaster
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Schools: ISB '16
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.01
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 36

Kudos [?]: 228 [1] , given: 218

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2013, 23:09
This post received
KUDOS
Zeal wrote:
Hi,

Can someone please help me with my profile? i will give kudos too.. i promise :)

I am really nervous and want to know if i should keep any hopes..
my profile is like this:

HSC: 79%
SSC: 84%
GPA: 3.3
GMAT: 650
Sex: Female
Work Ex.: almost 4 years

Field It: IT - Is there any category like Indian IT FEMALE? I've heard it for males though..

I started leading a team in less than 2 years and was sent to Mexico for a year to stabilize operations and handle my clients. Though my GMAT is low, i feel that Mexico experiece can help me out as I even learnt spanish.
Do you think i should keep hopes for Hyderabad interview? just few days left :(

Everyone is bribing these days :)
You are from the pool which have most number of applicants - the IT pool.
Although being a female might help you. But frankly speaking your GMAT score is a tad lower than the average of this pool.

Still your international experience and team leading might be helpful.
And regarding learning Spanish, if you have written how ISB can benefit from it, it should be of help.
Going through your post, I can make out that you have already applied in R1.
So now no use of speculations, just sit back, relax and pray! :)

All the best!
Ankur

Just move your mouse to the left side pane and click on the kudos button if i helped you in any way :)
ISB Class of 2016

ISB Class of 2015 | My GMAT Debrief | My ISB Interview | General interview tips | How to tackle "Do you have anything to ask" question | Important links by the ISB ADCOM for applications and interview preparation

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
ISB Threadmaster

Kudos [?]: 228 [0], given: 218

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2013, 23:17
Archit143 wrote:
HI Ankur
I think, you should mail ISB Mantra as moderator to stop its publicity. There is separate forum on gmatclub for that. No Offence to pagalguy.com,,,,but lets not jumble up things on just one thread.

Regards
Archit

Hi Archit,

I don't feel there is anything wrong in adding one or two lines as long as they are solving the queries of the applicants and helping them.
However if i see that there is no utility of the post, just plain publicity, then I might mail them and ask them to keep a check on the posts.

Regards,
Ankur

Just move your mouse to the left side pane and click on the kudos button if i helped you in any way :)
ISB Class of 2016

ISB Class of 2015 | My GMAT Debrief | My ISB Interview | General interview tips | How to tackle "Do you have anything to ask" question | Important links by the ISB ADCOM for applications and interview preparation

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB '15 (A)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [2] , given: 6

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2013, 02:02
This post received
KUDOS
Just received the date and time of the interview for Mohali.

Date: 30-Oct
Time: 11:30 AM
Panel # 1

But still the site is down to upload the documents.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 10

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2013, 03:05
The ISB Portal is up and running. Strangely, I can't access my account. Says invalid Log in...
ISB Threadmaster

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2013, 03:12
KaranWilson wrote:
The ISB Portal is up and running. Strangely, I can't access my account. Says invalid Log in...

I think there is some issue with the portal. Even i am not able to access my account. It says invalid login.
So i think we can rephrase your statement.

"ISB portal is up but not running :D"

ISB Class of 2016

Intern
Intern

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2013, 03:18
ankurgupta03 wrote:
KaranWilson wrote:

I think there is some issue with the portal. Even i am not able to access my account. It says invalid login.
So i think we can rephrase your statement.

"ISB portal is up but not running :D"

I didn't receive an interview invite so it could be a case wherein my profile was wiped off... :!:
I hope not though...
Director
Director
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V29
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V29
GMAT 3: 620 Q49 V26
GMAT 4: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 35

Kudos [?]: 482 [0], given: 196

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2013, 03:27
KaranWilson wrote:

facing same problem.. :roll:

When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe ...then you will be successfull....

GIVE VALUE TO OFFICIAL QUESTIONS...

GMAT RCs VOCABULARY LIST: vocabulary-list-for-gmat-reading-comprehension-155228.html
learn AWA writing techniques while watching video : http://www.gmatprepnow.com/module/gmat- ... assessment
: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APt9ITygGss

1 KUDOS received
ISB Threadmaster

Kudos [?]: 228 [1] , given: 218

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2013, 03:36
This post received
KUDOS
KaranWilson wrote:
I didn't receive an interview invite so it could be a case wherein my profile was wiped off... :!:
I hope not though...

Too many speculations.
This cannot be the case. May be something is wrong with their system.
The portal should be up and RUNNING very soon :)
Chill people. Don't speculate to much. The results would be know to everybody ...

ISB Class of 2016

ISB Threadmaster

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2013, 03:40
Its up and RUNNING :)

ISB Class of 2016

Intern
Intern

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2013, 03:54
ankurgupta03 wrote:
Its up and RUNNING :)

No love for me...

Edit: Running now @ 7:06 PM... No status update.
VP
VP
Affiliations: NYK Line
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Followers: 26

Kudos [?]: 213 [0], given: 65

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2013, 07:30
The application server seems to be down again

Archit
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: ISB '15
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
WE: General Management (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 15

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2013, 14:50
Archit143 wrote:
The application server seems to be down again

Archit

It's working now! Thankfully!

Kudos are motivating! :)

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
GPA: 3.4

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2013, 21:18
ankurgupta03 wrote:
Zeal wrote:
Hi,

Can someone please help me with my profile? i will give kudos too.. i promise :)

I am really nervous and want to know if i should keep any hopes..
my profile is like this:

HSC: 79%
SSC: 84%
GPA: 3.3
GMAT: 650
Sex: Female
Work Ex.: almost 4 years

Field It: IT - Is there any category like Indian IT FEMALE? I've heard it for males though..

I started leading a team in less than 2 years and was sent to Mexico for a year to stabilize operations and handle my clients. Though my GMAT is low, i feel that Mexico experiece can help me out as I even learnt spanish.
Do you think i should keep hopes for Hyderabad interview? just few days left :(

Everyone is bribing these days :)
You are from the pool which have most number of applicants - the IT pool.
Although being a female might help you. But frankly speaking your GMAT score is a tad lower than the average of this pool.

Still your international experience and team leading might be helpful.
And regarding learning Spanish, if you have written how ISB can benefit from it, it should be of help.
Going through your post, I can make out that you have already applied in R1.
So now no use of speculations, just sit back, relax and pray! :)

All the best!
Ankur

Thanks Ankur.. Appreciate your response.. I am skeptical about my GMAT score.. Just praying hard..
And I kept my promise :D
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
GPA: 3.4

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2013, 21:22
newtorewards80 wrote:
@Zeal, you might want to consider appearing for GMAT again. Your profile and work experience should help and you must put lot of effort in your essays. Best of luck.

Hi newtorewards80,
I am waiting and will probably again apply next year after re-appearing for GMAT. Thanks. And there u go with your kudos.
By the way, can is there any way where I can reappear for GMAT and still be an applicant for this year itself? You think I should check this with isb?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [1] , given: 4

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2013, 21:35
This post received
KUDOS
Zeal wrote:
newtorewards80 wrote:
@Zeal, you might want to consider appearing for GMAT again. Your profile and work experience should help and you must put lot of effort in your essays. Best of luck.

Hi newtorewards80,
I am waiting and will probably again apply next year after re-appearing for GMAT. Thanks. And there u go with your kudos.
By the way, can is there any way where I can reappear for GMAT and still be an applicant for this year itself? You think I should check this with isb?

Hi @Zeal! Calls are being given out mostly in the order of GMAT, unless the profile is particularly impressive. With this profile, you still stand a fair chance this year and the wait isn't going to be too long hereon. Retaking GMAT may not help you get a call, because by the time you retake it, the applications would have been processed, but if you have a good score, you can always communicate it during your interview (assuming you get a call) and this will better your chances ultimately.

All the Best!
'ISBmantra'
[The only company with former ISB Admissions Managers on Board]

[The only company with former ISB Admissions Managers on Board] | ISBmantra.com

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.5

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2013, 05:42
It would be great if someone could help me with this dilemma.

Given the difficulty level of getting admission in ISB, I applied for Teach for India as well. Luckily, I got into Teach for India and got shortlisted for ISB as well. Now, as the results for ISB will not be out till 15th Nov while I have to send a confirmation for Teach for India by 17th Nov. It would be great if anybody could give me a suggestion that which one would be a better choice given all the uncertainty associated?

I understand career goals play important role for making such a decision but, I was wondering that would ISB consider giving me a deferral in case I make through ISB too (although it is difficult, just wanted to explore the possibility).

Thanks.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2013, 09:10
tiska wrote:

Given the difficulty level of getting admission in ISB, I applied for Teach for India as well. Luckily, I got into Teach for India and got shortlisted for ISB as well. Now, as the results for ISB will not be out till 15th Nov while I have to send a confirmation for Teach for India by 17th Nov. It would be great if anybody could give me a suggestion that which one would be a better choice given all the uncertainty associated?

I understand career goals play important role for making such a decision but, I was wondering that would ISB consider giving me a deferral in case I make through ISB too (although it is difficult, just wanted to explore the possibility).

Thanks.

Hi @tiska! ISB does offer a deferred admission under exceptional circumstances. A problem of plenty is a desirable situation to be in, but you certainly should make a well deliberated decision. Please share your profile and only then we will be able to comment on your chances of Admission & the chances of securing a deferred admission.

All the Best!
'ISBmantra'
[The only company with former ISB Admissions Managers on Board]

[The only company with former ISB Admissions Managers on Board] | ISBmantra.com

Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 5

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2013, 09:11
[quote="tiska"][/quote]

Hi Tiska,

ISB is relatively lenient in giving out deferrals. The Teach for India program is considered highly by b-schools such as ISB, and I am sure if you make it through the ISB program, they will consider your case for sure.

Just make it a point to convince them about why TFI really matters to you and how you will use that experience to add to the ISB class. Let me also mention here that ISB does get a few candidates from TFI so don't say anything as obvious like I will contribute to ISB because I went to TFI.

WE have a webinar coming up with ISB on last minute application advice - this is on 30th October, 8 pm onwards. Log in there to get yoru queries answered by the adcom.

Namita Garg
http://www.mbadecoder.com
contact@mbadecoder.com

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q47 V44

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 4

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2013, 09:16
This post received
KUDOS
tiska wrote:

Thanks.

Hi Tiska,

I am currently a fellow with Teach for india and ISB had deferred my admission for 2 years so that I could complete the fellowship. I can help you in whatever way I can as I have been in your exact situation :)

Chayan Dhir

ISB Threadmaster

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2013, 10:48
Quiet silent thread from the last few days ...
Did anyone receive a call for hyderabad?
I am still waiting for my call
Feeling a bit scared now ... :(

ISB Class of 2016

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 28 Oct 2013, 10:48