Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 00:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2013, 03:45
Congratulations to all admits.
Does anyone know the importance of location preference in application process? Has anyone selecting Hyderabad as preferred location received offer for Mohali?
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V39
WE: Design (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2013, 21:04
Has anyone received the admissions package?
What about the scholarships?

Work with hope in Heart and dreams in the eyes .... And leave the mind for GMAT problems ;)

Current Student
Schools: ISB '15 (A)

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 6

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2013, 09:36
Gonnaflynow wrote:
Has anyone received the admissions package?
What about the scholarships?

Nope...not yet recieved!!! waiting eargerly!!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2013, 11:09
Admitted!
Question:
Is the scholarship results out as well? Curious!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V28
GMAT 2: 650 Q45 V35
GPA: 3.65
WE: Operations (Commercial Banking)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 6

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2013, 09:17
Hello!

This is Sandeep. I am working as an Assistant Manager in ICICI bank from 4 years.

I have one confusion running through my mind about applying for ISB R2.

Recently I wrote GMAT and could score only 610 (AWA-5, IR-2,Q-47,V-28). Should I take a chance this year or is it very less to be considered......anyone please advice..
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.3
WE: Engineering (Other)

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 5

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2013, 09:51
This post received
KUDOS
sandeepkummara wrote:
Hello!

This is Sandeep. I am working as an Assistant Manager in ICICI bank from 4 years.

I have one confusion running through my mind about applying for ISB R2.

Recently I wrote GMAT and could score only 610 (AWA-5, IR-2,Q-47,V-28). Should I take a chance this year or is it very less to be considered......anyone please advice..

Hey Sandeep,

I got admitted to ISB during R1 admissions this year itself.As per my understanding, the competition gets much more stiff for ISB R2 admissions. Your GMAT score of 610 is considerably lower than the ISB average GMAT score of around 710. I would advise you to take GMAT again and apply for ISB next year. This is also because ISB treats reapplicants in a different manner altogether, so it gets more tough if you are a reapplicant. Hence, my sincere advice for you would be to try and score above 700 if you could do that and then apply next year with 5 years of experience.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [1] , given: 4

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2013, 09:27
This post received
KUDOS
Less than 10 days to go for the R2 deadline. Anxiety levels must be high. Based on our experience with numerous applications till now, here are a few 'Do's & Dont's' for the essays that may be your biggest concern at this point:

1. Essay 1 is looking for proof of your skills/knowledge/attitude. It is easy to make tall claims. If you are strong at something, you must have used/shown it couple of time. Provide us at least 1 instance. It is not required to spell out that you have awesome Team Skills. Tell us a story that proves it.

2. Essay 2 talks about your Career Goals and how ISB will help you fulfill them. It is impractical to know what exactly you will be doing 10 years from now. But you need to know the direction you want to take your career to. And your short term goal will be decided based on that, which will ultimately tell you if you need an MBA or not.
To justify why ISB is the best place on earth for your MBA, it is not enough to pick an "ELP" or a "Wadhwani Centre" or some fancy electives from the ISB website. Put the reasons in the context of your needs. eg. If you think that the 1-yr advantage that ISB provides is really exciting to you, don't stop there. Tell us how a 1-yr MBA fits perfectly in your scheme of things vis-a-vis a 2-yr program.

3. Essay 3 is about your most significant achievement indeed, but it's not about the certificates or the awards you won. Put it in the perspective of a B-school and try to figure out if your story translates to a differentiating factor that ISB will be interested in. It's great to captain the state football team and receive an award for the best player from the CM, but it's greater if you can tell us about a team conflict that you managed well, which helped the team regroup.

4. Essay 4 is optional, alright. But it is also an opportunity for you to let the adcom know more about you. Use it to show the kind of person you are, the kind of things you do, any instance that helps the adcom develop a connect with you. With close to 4000 applicants, there are at least 12000 essays to be read. It is tiring for the team. If your can write something that makes them feel good, nothing like it. But don't overdo it. This can be a double edged sword. So play safe and leave the space blank if you get the slightest doubt about the usefulness of what you are writing.

All the Best!
'ISBmantra'

[The only company with former ISB Admissions Managers on Board] | ISBmantra.com

Current Student
Status: If u've ego, u've reached ur limit; if ur humble u've no limit.
Affiliations: IIT
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GPA: 3.1
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 30

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2013, 10:24
Hey guys, I am in waitlist for the ISB class of 2015, and was wondering if anyone here knows where to send the update email?

--Syed
" Some are desperate for success, and therefore destined for it."

McCombs Thread Master
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 24

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2013, 10:36
Hi guys I am applying for ISB in R2

can anyone please tell me how should I get my photo done to upload as a part of my application.

The website says that the photo should me of A4 size, so they want a half body pic, or a passport style photo enlarged to A4 size. ISB should upload sample pictures for reference, or have I missed this (please provide the link if I have).

Please help.

Thanks

My GMAT debrief

greatness is not about possessing talent but about having the discipline to summon that talent whenever needed!!!

Please Kudos my post if it helped you!!

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
WE: General Management (Hospitality and Tourism)

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 15

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2013, 11:21
jkaustubh wrote:

can anyone please tell me how should I get my photo done to upload as a part of my application.

The website says that the photo should me of A4 size, so they want a half body pic, or a passport style photo enlarged to A4 size. ISB should upload sample pictures for reference, or have I missed this (please provide the link if I have).

Please help.

Thanks

Hi!

They want you to upload a passport size picture on an A4 size sheet. Don't enlarge the picture. Just upload a passport size pic, when you will print your application, the picture ( in passport size ) will print on an A4 size sheet. What I did is that I clicked a picture with my camera, uploaded it on my computer, cropped it, converted it to pdf format and uploaded it.
Hope it helps!

Kudos are motivating! :)

McCombs Thread Master

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2013, 11:38
vs007 wrote:
jkaustubh wrote:

Please help.

Thanks

Hi!

They want you to upload a passport size picture on an A4 size sheet. Don't enlarge the picture. Just upload a passport size pic, when you will print your application, the picture ( in passport size ) will print on an A4 size sheet. What I did is that I clicked a picture with my camera, uploaded it on my computer, cropped it, converted it to pdf format and uploaded it.
Hope it helps!

I got your point, but the main doubt I have is, that the passport size pic will be too small for an A4 size paper, of the wanted a passport size pic, they could have just asked for the same in pdf format?

one guy told me that he took a half body pic in a suit. suit will be required this is confirmed i guess.

My GMAT debrief

greatness is not about possessing talent but about having the discipline to summon that talent whenever needed!!!

3 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
WE: General Management (Hospitality and Tourism)

Kudos [?]: 22 [3] , given: 15

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2013, 11:43
This post received
KUDOS
jkaustubh wrote:
vs007 wrote:
jkaustubh wrote:

Please help.

Thanks

Hi!

Hope it helps!

I got your point, but the main doubt I have is, that the passport size pic will be too small for an A4 size paper, of the wanted a passport size pic, they could have just asked for the same in pdf format?

one guy told me that he took a half body pic in a suit. suit will be required this is confirmed i guess.

As I mentioned earlier, I had uploaded a passport size picture and it worked. I had applied in Round 1 and got an admit, so I guess it was fine!

Kudos are motivating! :)

Current Student

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2013, 22:25
I think picture is not a big deal. Just get your pic converted into pdf from any online tool. It will automatically convert the pic into a A4 size pdf. You can upload the same pdf. Not an issue. Even suit is not madatory. I uploaded my pic with not-so-well-groomed face and it worked fine.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 108

Kudos [?]: 482 [0], given: 382

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2013, 00:16
Hi All,

Congrats for the admits :)
fod daala :)
Was off in a long vacation so did not see the thread at all.
How are the preparations for R2 going??
And how come so less posts on the thread ...

ISB Class of 2016 | Chat Session with ISB ADCOM | How to get started with Essays | GMAT Retake Debrief - 760 | ISB Preparation Kit | My ISB Interview-Aspired Class of 2016
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ISB Class of 2015 | My GMAT Debrief | My ISB Interview-Aspired Class of 2014 | General interview tips

Current Student

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2013, 02:30
So how many candidates were offered admission in R1? I think that can help to assess the number of seats available in R2.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2013, 09:25
ankitspeaks wrote:
So how many candidates were offered admission in R1? I think that can help to assess the number of seats available in R2.

Usually 45%-50% of total seats are filled in R1.
The facebook group has more than 280 members (some of them are existing students though). So at least 300 admits is a safe number to assume.
McCombs Thread Master

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2013, 11:11
Finally done with the application. Now just keeping the fingers crossed. :)

My GMAT debrief

Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 610 [0], given: 197

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2013, 02:56
submitted for R2 :-D

When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe ...then you will be successfull....

GIVE VALUE TO OFFICIAL QUESTIONS...

GMAT RCs VOCABULARY LIST: vocabulary-list-for-gmat-reading-comprehension-155228.html
learn AWA writing techniques while watching video : http://www.gmatprepnow.com/module/gmat- ... assessment
: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APt9ITygGss

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 108

Kudos [?]: 482 [1] , given: 382

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2013, 03:29
This post received
KUDOS
All the best to all ... For all who have submitted their application, just chill now and if you are applying to other schools, pay attention to them. For those who have not yet submitted the application. try to do it as early as possible and do not wait for the very last moment. For things not to do in the application or the interviews, you can contact me if you want :P

All the best!
Ankur

ISB Class of 2016 | Chat Session with ISB ADCOM | How to get started with Essays | GMAT Retake Debrief - 760 | ISB Preparation Kit | My ISB Interview-Aspired Class of 2016
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ISB Class of 2015 | My GMAT Debrief | My ISB Interview-Aspired Class of 2014 | General interview tips

Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 1181

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2013, 09:14
Finally submitted, big relief :)

Dream On...

Re: ISB Class of 2015 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 28 Nov 2013, 09:14