Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 19:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ISB - GMAT cutoff and other criteria

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

ISB - GMAT cutoff and other criteria [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2011, 09:56
Hi,

On ISB official site I read about no lower level GMAT cutoff. By any chance do we know lowest score they have accepted ever?
I gave GMAT and scored only 620 (Quant - 50 and Verbal - 25), i dont want to try another attempt for GMAT so want to apply based on this score.
I have around 11 years of working experience and currenctly working as a Manager in leading IT organization. At school and college level my greads were above average.

Kindly let me know if there is any point applying at ISB?

Also do we have any other college in India where they accept such low score? I am looking for executive MBA as cannot take gap of more than a year.

Appreciate your replies.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 12-30-2011
GPA: 3.7

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: ISB - GMAT cutoff and other criteria [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2011, 10:35
dont apply for isb, its not a good idea with 620 score and 11 yr experiance ....
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB - GMAT cutoff and other criteria [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2011, 10:48
620 is very low for ISB. Unless you have good overall profile, I dont see any point in applying. ISB likes people with international experience. Do you have that? Speak to few ISB students and take a final call. If I were you, I would take GMAT again. It is still in your control. Good luck!

www.InterviewBay.com
- Get Ready For The Interview
MBA | Finance | Consulting

SwapnilRanadive wrote:
Hi,

On ISB official site I read about no lower level GMAT cutoff. By any chance do we know lowest score they have accepted ever?
I gave GMAT and scored only 620 (Quant - 50 and Verbal - 25), i dont want to try another attempt for GMAT so want to apply based on this score.
I have around 11 years of working experience and currenctly working as a Manager in leading IT organization. At school and college level my greads were above average.

Kindly let me know if there is any point applying at ISB?

Also do we have any other college in India where they accept such low score? I am looking for executive MBA as cannot take gap of more than a year.

Appreciate your replies.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB - GMAT cutoff and other criteria [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2011, 11:39
Thanks for the reply.
Yes out of 11 i have around 6 years of International experience. I am giving a shot this time. If it works then okay else will try GMAT again. As ISB results will be out within next 3 months.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB - GMAT cutoff and other criteria [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2012, 00:22
SwapnilRanadive wrote:
Thanks for the reply.
Yes out of 11 i have around 6 years of International experience. I am giving a shot this time. If it works then okay else will try GMAT again. As ISB results will be out within next 3 months.

hi

so what did isb do?
did they accepted you ?
Intern
Intern

Re: ISB - GMAT cutoff and other criteria [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2012, 23:26
ISB has something called PGPMAX. did u consider that?
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 182

Kudos [?]: 989 [0], given: 235

Reviews Badge
Re: ISB - GMAT cutoff and other criteria [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2012, 01:39
interviewbay wrote:
620 is very low for ISB. Unless you have good overall profile, I dont see any point in applying. ISB likes people with international experience. Do you have that? Speak to few ISB students and take a final call. If I were you, I would take GMAT again. It is still in your control. Good luck!

http://www.InterviewBay.com
- Get Ready For The Interview
MBA | Finance | Consulting

I have 710 and around 4+ years of exp. More than 1.5+ years in Malaysia. ISB is my top choice but I m not sure whether 710 could be low to apply?
I m IIM... Indian IT Male. :lol:

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Intern
Intern

Re: ISB - GMAT cutoff and other criteria [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2013, 18:23
I have a GMAT score of 720 (Q50, V37) with following other details
Industry : Software Product development with a renowned MNC
Work Ex: 9 yrs (by the time I join)
Acads: Decent
Extra Curricular: Decent

I wish to continue with the field of technology.

My top choices are ISB and IIMs offering one year executive MBA

It will be really helpful if someone can suggest me what are my chances of getting a call?
Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 6

Re: ISB - GMAT cutoff and other criteria [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2013, 23:23
Hi,

You have a decent GMAT score with good work experience. The chances of conversion from application to admission depend on how well you can frame your application essays and exhibit leadership skills, achievements at work place and professionalism in final interviews. You can try your chances in b-schools by clicking http://tinyurl.com/c6b6qcu

Feel free to post any other queries you might have. You can also PM your number to have a detail discussion on your profile and selection of b-schools.

Cheers!!
Neha

redpearl wrote:
I have a GMAT score of 720 (Q50, V37) with following other details
Industry : Software Product development with a renowned MNC
Work Ex: 9 yrs (by the time I join)
Acads: Decent
Extra Curricular: Decent

I wish to continue with the field of technology.

My top choices are ISB and IIMs offering one year executive MBA

It will be really helpful if someone can suggest me what are my chances of getting a call?

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Intern
Intern

Re: ISB - GMAT cutoff and other criteria [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2013, 00:22
Thanks Neha for the detailed response. I will get in touch with you for further help.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V29
WE: Programming (Computer Software)

GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: ISB - GMAT cutoff and other criteria [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2014, 05:40
I have a gmat score of 670(q50 v29) GPA is Low.
I have 5 yrs exp. around 6 months international. In a good Software Company.
Do I have a shot at ISB ?
Re: ISB - GMAT cutoff and other criteria   [#permalink] 12 Jan 2014, 05:40