Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 22:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ISB YLP Application 2013

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

ISB YLP Application 2013 [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 00:02
Hi All,

I am an Indian/Female/in Final year of engineering.

Want to apply in ISB YLP Program. Can someone guide me on ISB YLP Application Procedure?

Thank you in advance.

Shweta
Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 6

Re: ISB YLP Application 2013 [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 00:41
ShwetaVijlani wrote:
Hi All,

I am an Indian/Female/in Final year of engineering.

Want to apply in ISB YLP Program. Can someone guide me on ISB YLP Application Procedure?

Thank you in advance.

Shweta

Hi,

Essays and videos are the most important component of your application. And since there is only one video in stage one ISB YLP Program, showcase all your achievements, strengths and knowledge. ISB is seeking your unique proposition in this video essay. Explain here about the ISB adcom and the factors that makes you different from other candidates, extracurricular activities, your strengths and weakness.

While you might have several achievements in your resume, the two key factors that will help you make the shortlist are overall significance in your work/academic life and relevance to the ISB YLP application. Showcase your achievements in such a way as to make your candidature relevant to the Indian School of Business.

You should choose the accomplishments based on the general importance of the achievements, the extent of your contribution to its success and most importantly on what it tells about you. Choose achievements that showcase your qualities, attitude and knowledge that the ISB admissions committee will find attractive. Some of the qualities you could focus upon are leadership skills, initiative, vision, courage, innovation, teamwork.

For more information regarding ISB YLP Essay and Video visit http://bit.ly/W5ZmgP and http://bit.ly/Xd7CKY

Please feel free to write for any other query.

Neha Singh
http://bit.ly/aaPyVI

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 1

Re: ISB YLP Application 2013 [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 08:20
Expert's post
Hi Shweta,

I am sorry to say , but if you are in the final year now , you are not eligible for YLP because ISB requires the candidates to apply for the program in their pre-final year.

YLP is not a separate programme; it is a part of the PGP programme. Students who are enrolled through YLP process during their under graduation will be given an offer letter in advance for the One Year Management Programme. However, the candidate has to get graduated and should gain one year and nine months of full time professional work experience after which he/she can join the PGP batch of that year.

Best,

Poonam

MyEssayReview - A personalized and dedicated essay-review service
Email:poonam@myessayreview.com

Image Image Image

Re: ISB YLP Application 2013   [#permalink] 17 Jan 2013, 08:20