Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 11:31

Happy Labor Day:

Free Access to New GMATClub Tests for all GMATClub Members!!

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Israel MBA

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Israel MBA [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2009, 03:16
Haifa University wants the following criteria:
3.0 GPA
500 GMAT
3+ Yrs work experience
2 Letters of Rec.
Good understanding of English (program is taught entirely in english)

I did my undergrad in the US and lived most of my life in the US so I'd be a minority in the program.
My first year of undergrad i had a 3.27 GPA at Long Island University
My last 4 years of school I studied at Univeristy at Albany and had a 2.7 GPA (due to working part time and studying part time, and due to the fact I was an immature kid)
My GMAT is low 530 (33 Q, 31 V, AWA 6.0) Was getting around 550-600 on practice exams
I have 4 1/2+ years work experience (2 at a financial firm, the other 2 1/2+ at a startup ecommerce company, where I went from sales, to purchasing manager, to eventually general manager in a very short time) I managed 9 people before I left the company.
My 2 letters of rec. are coming from the Founder of the Ecommerce Company (an NYU Stern Graduate) and the other is coming from the Vice President of the Ecommerce company. Both of whom held me at very high regards.
I have mother tongue english, speak some russian, and a little bit of hebrew.

Anyone have advice on wether I have an ok shot of getting in? The school is only asking from a 500 on the GMAT which is low, and a 3.0 GPA. Those are my biggest concerns. Should I retake the GMAT and go for the upper 500s which I think I can do with some more study time?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Schools: Cornell '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 132 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Israel MBA [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2009, 09:43
I highly doubt Haifa would reject you. You have the stats and work experience....and that fact that you are not their typical sabra applicant helps I think. Best of luck.

"George is getting upset!"

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: Israel MBA [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2013, 03:29
what about the Technion Start-up MBA in Israel? Do I have a chance of getting in with a GMAT score of 650 and 4 years experience in startups?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 111 [0], given: 215

Re: Israel MBA [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2013, 08:42
If you get an MBA from any Israeli university, it will be very difficult for anyone to consider it useful anywhere else. Are you absolutely certain you want to work in Israel afterwards?

Anyway, if you are really keen on entrepreneurship, I would suggest you take a look at this list:
http://www.topmba.com/mba-rankings/glob ... reneurship
Intern
Intern

Re: Israel MBA [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2013, 00:31
I don't think I want to stay in Israel (unless I get a great job offer from a start-up company like waze!) but I think that beign there will give me some added value because it is the start-up nation. Should I only get an MBA from where I want to live? Because I really want to study abroad for my MBA and want to gain global experience. This Start-uP MBA in Israel from the Technion is taught entirely in English AND is in Tel Aviv. I looked up the Technion and it seems like they have really high rankings but they don't have any information on this program yet because it is so new.
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 524 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Israel MBA [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2013, 03:44
Expert's post
Well, the school is very highly considered in the startup area, but really unless you want to stay in Israel for years (which you may want to do) it doesn't make sense to go there. Salaries are far lower than in the US in general too. But you definitely would stick out as a unique candidate. But like I said, if you are going for personal reasons, then it can be a good idea. Otherwise you probably have better options.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Intern
Intern

Re: Israel MBA [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2013, 03:50
I'm looking for something that will help me advance in the world of startups internationally. Why would I need to work in Israel for a few years? Can't I get my MBA and internship experience and after graduation move back to the states? Is the Technion Degree recognized in the states?
Re: Israel MBA   [#permalink] 15 Jan 2013, 03:50