Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 06:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

It CAN be done!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

It CAN be done! [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2003, 11:09
Just wanted to share my experience. I took the GMAT in July after studying with Kaplan (took the course, but wasn't very impressed) and PR book for 7 months. I am an analyst at a bulge bracket I-bank, so had only been planning to apply to the top tier schools.

July 9-650 (42M, 37V). :oops: Math was weak as usual for me, but verbal gave out on me bigtime.

Aug 30- 720 (44M, 45V). :shock: Verbal came back to me, and I upped the math a little bit. I discovered this site after I took it the first time and was desparate for help, pored over OG (something I didn't do the first time, just focused on PR and Kaplan) and worked on my speed. I had taken a week off from work the first time and didn't have that much time to study the second time, but I felt much more confident this time. It clearly worked out.

Lessons learned:
1) Kaplan was worthless for me
2) OG is the key to life
3) Timing yourself with a stopwatch (go out and buy one if you don't have one) is critical
4) Studying more than 6 weeks is unnecessary if you are preparing properly (ie if you are reading this, then you are at the right site, so you are likely going to do well)
5) Swing at practice with a heavy bat, so it feels light during the game (Stolyar and AkamaiBrah's practice problems will make the prob/combination problems on the test look like a joke)
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
It CAN be done!   [#permalink] 02 Sep 2003, 11:09