Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Oct 2014, 04:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

IT MALE_PROFILE EVALUATION

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: HKU 15
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

IT MALE_PROFILE EVALUATION [#permalink] New post 09 May 2013, 08:01
Hi
I am Mohamed.I am currently working in Wipro Technologies, chennai.I hold 1.10years of experience as of now.I am currently working in banking domain in wealth management application under Citibank project.I am planning to apply for 2014 fall.

While applying,I would have 2.8 years of experience.I am planning to take my GMAT in the month of july.

Academics
10th std-89%
12th std-86%
B.E(ece)-68%[Low_Hope will overcome woth gmat scores][From crescent enginnering College-Under Anna University]one of the top private colleges in tamil nadu

College Activities:
#Have participated in various projects and paper presentation in various symposiums in college and won prizes.
#My paper was selected among 10000 papers in National level,paper presentation contest "Arohan",conducted IT GIANT WIPRO TECHNOLGIES where #I have participated and presented my paper in my 3rd year.
#I have won few paperpresentation in inter college level.
#I was event head for project display in nation level symposium "Impulse" conducted by my college[No proof]
#Founded robotics club and introduced robotics event in my second year along with my friends[No proof]
#Event co-ordinator for our college cultural s.
#Have organised industrial visits & tours in college.

Work:
#Joined wipro in july 2011
#Was trained in Java
#Started working in my first project since november 2011 in Citibank Project in testing.
#Apart from my regular job,I participated in Wipro Applife "mobile application community in wipro".
#Participated in competition conducted by it and my idea was selected among 3000 entries in wipro wordwide and I have succesfully developed and android application with social cause which was rated "App of the week"
#I was awarded "Certificate of Excellence &Innovation for Mobile Application development"
#Was awarded as "BestPerfomer" from my client Citibank
#Was in high demand between managers to work in various modules "My manager can mention this in my recommendation"
#Have managed Entire module with 1year of experience
#Currently managing my module with 3 guys under me.

As part of social life,sponsoring a 5year kid .

Planned to choose Information and Technology Management or finance ,since am from banking background in IT industry, from FOLLOWING BSCHOOLS
ISB
wharton
Tepper
Haas

Please evaluate my probabilities of entering top b schools and things to be improved to get an admit from top school
Also pls suggest me the schools that would suit my profile and a piece of advice on how to overcome my low gpa in essays..

Thanks a million....
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 343 [0], given: 64

Re: IT MALE_PROFILE EVALUATION [#permalink] New post 12 May 2013, 19:12
Expert's post
jafeer wrote:
Hi
I am Mohamed.I am currently working in Wipro Technologies, chennai.I hold 1.10years of experience as of now.I am currently working in banking domain in wealth management application under Citibank project.I am planning to apply for 2014 fall.

While applying,I would have 2.8 years of experience.I am planning to take my GMAT in the month of july.

Academics
10th std-89%
12th std-86%
B.E(ece)-68%[Low_Hope will overcome woth gmat scores][From crescent enginnering College-Under Anna University]one of the top private colleges in tamil nadu

College Activities:
#Have participated in various projects and paper presentation in various symposiums in college and won prizes.
#My paper was selected among 10000 papers in National level,paper presentation contest "Arohan",conducted IT GIANT WIPRO TECHNOLGIES where #I have participated and presented my paper in my 3rd year.
#I have won few paperpresentation in inter college level.
#I was event head for project display in nation level symposium "Impulse" conducted by my college[No proof]
#Founded robotics club and introduced robotics event in my second year along with my friends[No proof]
#Event co-ordinator for our college cultural s.
#Have organised industrial visits & tours in college.

Work:
#Joined wipro in july 2011
#Was trained in Java
#Started working in my first project since november 2011 in Citibank Project in testing.
#Apart from my regular job,I participated in Wipro Applife "mobile application community in wipro".
#Participated in competition conducted by it and my idea was selected among 3000 entries in wipro wordwide and I have succesfully developed and android application with social cause which was rated "App of the week"
#I was awarded "Certificate of Excellence &Innovation for Mobile Application development"
#Was awarded as "BestPerfomer" from my client Citibank
#Was in high demand between managers to work in various modules "My manager can mention this in my recommendation"
#Have managed Entire module with 1year of experience
#Currently managing my module with 3 guys under me.

As part of social life,sponsoring a 5year kid .

Planned to choose Information and Technology Management or finance ,since am from banking background in IT industry, from FOLLOWING BSCHOOLS
ISB
wharton
Tepper
Haas

Please evaluate my probabilities of entering top b schools and things to be improved to get an admit from top school
Also pls suggest me the schools that would suit my profile and a piece of advice on how to overcome my low gpa in essays..

Thanks a million....

It is very difficult to evaluate a profile without any clue as to a GMAT score. What score do you think you will get?

Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: HKU 15
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Re: IT MALE_PROFILE EVALUATION [#permalink] New post 12 May 2013, 20:30
Hi linda

I expect a 700+ score..working for it...Pls evaluate my profile considering my score as 700..Thanks a ton

Posted from my mobile device Image
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 343 [0], given: 64

Re: IT MALE_PROFILE EVALUATION [#permalink] New post 13 May 2013, 18:44
Expert's post
jafeer wrote:
Hi linda

I expect a 700+ score..working for it...Pls evaluate my profile considering my score as 700..Thanks a ton

Posted from my mobile device Image

Jafeer,

Wharton, Haas, and ISB are stretch programs. You have a competitive profile for CMU Tepper, which is a good fit for you too. Also consider UNC Kenan Flagler, UT Austin, and Cornell Johnson.

Assuming your GMAT comes in as anticipated, I don't see your undergrad GPA as a major weakness; it's just a little low. But if you're concerned, please follow the link in the previous sentence.

The main "weakness" I see is lack of work experience. At 2.8 years at matriculation, you are at the low end for these programs. Another year would improve your competitiveness.

To further improve it, get involved in something outside of work. Go beyond "sponsorship," which is nice, but it isn't active, and doesn't carry the weight in admissions of participation or leadership roles.

Finally, if you can, and it may not be possible, try to get on an international assignment or travel outside of India.

Best,
Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog