Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Oct 2014, 20:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

It may soon be possible to insure your facebook, twitter,

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Please enter your answer

• 0% [0]
  • 0% [0]
  • 30% [3]
  • 70% [7]
  • 0% [0]
TAGS:
3 KUDOS received
Current Student
Affiliations: NYK Line
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Followers: 31

Kudos [?]: 273 [3] , given: 67

It may soon be possible to insure your facebook, twitter, [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2013, 07:23
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

65% (hard)

Question Stats:

52% (02:14) correct 48% (01:17) wrong based on 209 sessions
It may soon be possible to insure your facebook, twitter, and other social media accounts against the nuisance of hacking as company has launched the country's first social media insurance. The insurance includes the cost of disabling accounts, suppressing offensive material and stopping any legal action triggered by hacking, for example if a hacker posts illegal material under victim's name.

Which of the following can properly be inferred from the statements above?

A. Social media insurance will make it possible for individual to sue hackers who post offensive content in their name.
B. The launch of social media insurance will most likely lead to a fall in the incidence of hacking on social media sites such as facebook and twitter.
C. There is a cost associated with enabling and disabling a social media account.
D. Under current laws it is possible for a person to be sued for posting offensive material online even if the person did not post the material himself
E. Social media insurance will only be available for facebook and twitter users.

Is the Question worth Kudos, Please????????????????????

OA will be posted after discussion......
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

Last edited by Archit143 on 06 Apr 2013, 06:37, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 101 [0], given: 37

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: It may soon be possible to insure your facebook, twitter, an [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2013, 08:13
my take wud be D : Under current laws it is possible for a person to be sued for posting offensive material online even if the person did not post the material himself

what is the source of this question? .
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 9

Re: It may soon be possible to insure your facebook, twitter, an [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2013, 10:04
This post received
KUDOS
[quote="Archit143"]It may soon be possible to insure your facebook, twitter, and other social media accounts against the nuisance of hacking as company has launched the country's first social media insurance. The insurance includes the cost of disabling accounts, suppressing offensive material and stopping any legal action triggered by hacking, for example if a hacker posts illegal material under victim's name.

my take is D..

A. Social media insurance will make it possible for individual to sue hackers who post offensive content in their name.: passage no where mentions this...cannot be inferred.
B. The launch of social media insurance will most likely lead to a fall in the incidence of hacking on social media sites such as facebook and twitter.: cannot be inferred. it will only help the sufferers..will not reduce the attacks..
C. There is a cost associated with enabling and disabling a social media account.: same from the passage..
D. Under current laws it is possible for a person to be sued for posting offensive material online even if the person did not post the material himself..Correct..the passage states..stopping any legal action triggered by hacking, for example if a hacker posts illegal material under victim's name...so it can be correctly inferred..
E. Social media insurance will only be available for facebook and twitter users...incorrect..

giving kudos is the best thing you can do for me..

Expert Post
Followers: 310

Kudos [?]: 2599 [0], given: 695

Re: It may soon be possible to insure your facebook, twitter, an [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2013, 11:32
Expert's post
aditya8062 wrote:
my take wud be D : Under current laws it is possible for a person to be sued for posting offensive material online even if the person did not post the material himself

Valuable for sure

D is the answer

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS
Quant: 1. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 2. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 3. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version
Verbal:1. Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section 2. e-GMAT's ALL CR topics-Consolidated 3. New Critical Reasoning question bank by carcass 4. Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik 5. e-GMAT's ALL SC topics-Consolidated-2nd Edition 6. The best reading to improve Reading Comprehension 7.Verbal question bank and Directories

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 273 [0], given: 67

Re: It may soon be possible to insure your facebook, twitter, an [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2013, 12:37
anish123ster wrote:
Archit143 wrote:
It may soon be possible to insure your facebook, twitter, and other social media accounts against the nuisance of hacking as company has launched the country's first social media insurance. The insurance includes the cost of disabling accounts, suppressing offensive material and stopping any legal action triggered by hacking, for example if a hacker posts illegal material under victim's name.

my take is D..

A. Social media insurance will make it possible for individual to sue hackers who post offensive content in their name.: passage no where mentions this...cannot be inferred.
B. The launch of social media insurance will most likely lead to a fall in the incidence of hacking on social media sites such as facebook and twitter.: cannot be inferred. it will only help the sufferers..will not reduce the attacks..
C. There is a cost associated with enabling and disabling a social media account.: same from the passage..
D. Under current laws it is possible for a person to be sued for posting offensive material online even if the person did not post the material himself..Correct..the passage states..stopping any legal action triggered by hacking, for example if a hacker posts illegal material under victim's name...so it can be correctly inferred..
E. Social media insurance will only be available for facebook and twitter users...incorrect..

i do not agree to your explanation for option C...I strongly feel that if its same what is stated in the argument , than it must be the answer........Ofcourse there is some other reason fr it...An inference must be the replica of the argument.

Consider Kudos If my post helps!!!!

Archit
Current Student

Re: It may soon be possible to insure your facebook, twitter, an [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2013, 12:39
carcass wrote:
aditya8062 wrote:

Valuable for sure

D is the answer

Hahahah...Carcass....
@aditya....The source is really valuable one...and i feel it is the best material fr Cr prep.......Its Aristotle CR grail...Thanks carcass fr ur advise......its really best source fr cr.....i would suggest a must buy.....

Archit
Director
Director

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: It may soon be possible to insure your facebook, twitter, an [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2013, 17:34
Quote:
archit wrote :i do not agree to your explanation for option C...I strongly feel that if its same what is stated in the argument , than it must be the answer........Ofcourse there is some other reason fr it...An inference must be the replica of the argument.

well i eliminated C coz no where in the passage it has talked of cost associated with "enabling" the social media account .yes it has talked of "disabling" the account. so C as a whole cannot be inferred

as for ur other thing .inference in gmat are mostly logical deductions connecting 2 or more pieces .even if choices are picked from the passages then subtle changes are made to make them explicitly wrong
Director
Director

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: It may soon be possible to insure your facebook, twitter, an [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2013, 17:41
Quote:
archit wrote :@aditya....The source is really valuable one...and i feel it is the best material fr Cr prep.......Its Aristotle CR grail...Thanks carcass fr ur advise......its really best source fr cr.....i would suggest a must buy.....

well the source is always important esp for all segments of verbal ."Aristotle CR grail" ---> hmm i had just heard of Aristotle sc grail !! nyways thanks for the info !!
Current Student

Re: It may soon be possible to insure your facebook, twitter, an [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2013, 00:15
aditya8062 wrote:
Quote:
archit wrote :i do not agree to your explanation for option C...I strongly feel that if its same what is stated in the argument , than it must be the answer........Ofcourse there is some other reason fr it...An inference must be the replica of the argument.

well i eliminated C coz no where in the passage it has talked of cost associated with "enabling" the social media account .yes it has talked of "disabling" the account. so C as a whole cannot be inferred

as for ur other thing .inference in gmat are mostly logical deductions connecting 2 or more pieces .even if choices are picked from the passages then subtle changes are made to make them explicitly wrong

Aditya, You are absolutely correct, for your decision to eliminate C makes sense......Infact the same is stated in official explanation....I missed hte point....
Good job..

Archit
Director
Director

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: It may soon be possible to insure your facebook, twitter, an [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2013, 00:37
Quote:
archit wrote :Aditya, You are absolutely correct, for your decision to eliminate C makes sense......Infact the same is stated in official explanation....I missed hte point....
Good job.

great !! i am glad it helped u
Current Student

Re: It may soon be possible to insure your facebook, twitter, an [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2013, 06:38
Added the OA....As explained by aditya C cannot be the answer

Consider Kudos if my post helps!!!

Archit
SVP
SVP
Followers: 276

Kudos [?]: 64 [0], given: 0

Premium Member
Re: It may soon be possible to insure your facebook, twitter, [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2014, 19:57
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
Re: It may soon be possible to insure your facebook, twitter,   [#permalink] 30 Apr 2014, 19:57