Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 13 Jul 2014, 09:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

It's finally over 680 (43Q, 40V)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

It's finally over 680 (43Q, 40V) [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2004, 23:43
Hey, thought I'd share about my exam. Took my 2nd attempt today. 1st time was last Oct 640 (39,39). I was really pissed about my Quant score, not that I'm great in math but it was a 57% and I knew I could do better. Missed some really stupid questions that time. So right after the exam, I got the OG and studied all of it. Didnt do any practice test, just used the OG and this website.

Today:
AWA was not too bad. I'm not really good at writing but I got a 5 last time so I just used the same template and tried to keep it simple.

Quant: Only got 1 probability and it was about as easy as it can get. I was pretty scared because I really thought I messed up. I was so nervous the whole time. Took like 4 mins on one problem cause I messed up the calcuation. I know I missed the last few questions and I didnt even finish the last question. I couldnt believe it. All I had to do was pick any answer and it would've been better than leaving it blank, but I took so much time with other questions that I just ran out of time. During the break I was feeling horrible. I was pretty sure my score was going to be lower than the 1st time. I was so pissed and couldnt even think straight. The testing lady asked me if i was alright cause I looked as bad as i felt.

Verbal: Started off with a simple SC and then 2 long RC. I couldnt believe it. I felt like throwing up and I was still thinking about not answering the last Quant question. After it was done, I just wanted to cry. You have no idea how I felt after seeing the score. Man, that was like a ton of bricks being lifted off me. I kept staring at the score just in case in my frantic state i was reading the score wrong.

I'm so glad it's over. Not the best score I could've gotten but good enough. I'm trying to get into UCI and USC. I hope i'm not applying too late.

Dont really have any good advice, but as you can see, just cause you miss the last couple questions doesnt mean the score is going to be bad.
VP
VP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2004, 01:20
Congratulations Clanhob!

Good luck with your apps.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2004, 04:33
Congrats Calnhob. GR8 score. ALL THE BEST
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2004, 06:53
Good job...I'm in the same boat, scored a 39 on Quant and think I can do better. I'm gonna go thru the OG and take it again in a few weeks.

How much time did it take you to go thru the OG? How much time would you spend a day on it?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2004, 07:50
Thanks for the congrats giddi77 and rakesh1239.

Tony, it took me about two weeks to go through the OG...there are 1400 questions so I broke it down to 100-120 pre day. I got laid off a couple months ago so I've had a lot of time to study. I did verbal one day and math the other...and of course doing the problems on this site is a must. I kept a note of the questions I missed and went back about 3 days before the exam to review. My biggest mistake was not timing myself. First time taking the GMAT I had about 5-8 mins left per section. This time I ran out of time for the Math but was just right on the verbal. It's hard to simulate the test taking conditions but just try to calm down when a hard problems comes and make sure you answer what is asked. I have a really problem with that and also stupid calculation mistakes.

Good luck all.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2004, 08:22
Congrats..Calnhob....
looking at your math explanations I thought you would get easily get above 700.Nevertheless ...its a great score...Good Luck with ur apps.

Vivek.

"Start By Doing What Is Necessary ,Then What Is Possible & Suddenly You Will Realise That You Are Doing The Impossible"

[#permalink] 22 Jan 2004, 08:22