Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Nov 2014, 20:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

It seems that my world is ended. :(

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: Starting Work
Affiliations: Chartered Engineer
Joined: 20 Jun 2010
Posts: 198
Location: United Arab Emirates
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
Schools: INSEAD - Class of 2013
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 19

Re: It seems that my world is ended. :( [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2010, 11:12
rafilla442000 wrote:
It surely hasn't! Let me share you my story.

First... please take a look at my scores:
GMAT 1 (2006): 540
GMAT 2 (2007): 460
GMAT 3 (2007): 430
GMAT 4 (2009): 570
GMAT 5 (2009): 690

For the first GMAT I enrolled myseñf in the Princeton Review. I dedicated lets say around 3 hours a week. But did not took the exam seriously as I did not used any practice test.. I trusted my common sense (a major fault in this exam) I ended up blowing my score but I did not learned my lesson.

For the GMAT 2 and 3 I was sure that something had happened with me and that probably I made some careless mistakes that surely could have brought my score down. I took again the test and received a big dissappointment as you can see and just took one practice test two days before the GMAT and did not even finished it.

For the GMAT 4 I had learned my lessson... This exam could get tough if you don´t practice a lot so I needed to fully dedicate myself to practice! I sacrificed a lot of my social life... I committed to study 5 hours on weekdays and around 15 hours on the weekends for 6 months. but something went wrong... I only brought my score up to 570. Again, I did not use any practice test!

With this score I decided to apply to BSchools in 2009 - I was so exhausted with the GMAT - that I convinced myself that I could create a killer application and that my global working experience will offset this low grade. I hired an admissions consultant to help me with the process and to give me tips on what to do to "break" the system and get accepted... Unfortunately this very expensive and did not worked the way I wanted it to work... I got dinged from Kellogg, Ross, Tuck, Berkeley and waitlisted at Mendoza just to eventually got dinged.

Early in 2010 I simply didn't know what to do !!! I did not wanted to practice for the GMAT again! The past years were a nightmare and there was no way out! I lost my girfriend because I did not pay much attention to our relationship and at work things started to get complicated as well... I started to lose myself in the process of sending (more like "begging") adcoms my profile just to hear something good from them... I wanted any school to tell me "Your profile looks great! be sure to apply"... Believe me I sent an email to all the top 50 schools in the world!

I then decided to look for a school that did not demanded a GMAT as a requirement to grant an admission... I ended up excited by the fact that Madrid's IE program has its own admissions test! To tell you the truth I nailed the test and was later admitted to the MBA program.

I was ok with my IE admission but something about it was not right (althouth its a great school!)... My goal had been always to study at the US or the UK and I had drifted away from my goal because of this monster (the gmat)...

I started then to deeply think that I did not wanted to live my life thinking "what if I had taken the test a fifth time?"... So after taking my time to make this relevant decision.... I then enrolled in the Manhattan GMAT boot camp at NYC in the summer of 2010. This would be very expensive (I am from Latin America), but I kept thinking "WHAT IF" this works?

I simply can tell you that this decission was the best I've ever made in my life! They break up the GMAT not into two main topics... they go way much deeper in their study guides! and apparently the way they break up the test works for my mind structure because on August 2010 I increasen my latest score 110 points! just in time for the early rounds at Duke and Tuck!

I now think back and understand my faults which I would like to share with you:
1- Take this test seriously (I know you have)
2- Dedicate time to practice
3- Don't just start going through the problems... you will end up making the same mistakes again and again! What is needed is to fully understand the concepts! (for me, the MGMAT boot camp was my saviour)

Please do not give up! I am one of those scary stories with a happy ending! don't become one! Its too stressfull! I saw your post and wanted to share my experience with you. You can do it! You have to think what strategy could work with you as you are the person that knows you the most...

Let us know how the next test goes!

Good luck


rafilla442000,
Dude....i admire your will power and dedication man!!!!Hats off to you....... Gave 5 GMATs over a period of say...2-3 yrs!!!!! I am not surprised it affected your personal life. This monster really takes a toll on ones professional and personal life. My last 4 months have just passed of with no excitement. Cant wait to nail this exam one more final time.

Glad about you reaching your target score.

Which schools did you apply in R1 and which schools are you applying in R2? Any interview calls from R1 and any admit offers?
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2010
Posts: 41
Schools: Fuqua (In), Tuck (WL & Withdrawn), McDonough (Withdrawn), McCombs (Withdrawn), Manchester (In & Withdrawn)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Re: It seems that my world is ended. :( [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2010, 11:33
1
This post received
KUDOS
mattapraveen wrote:
rafilla442000 wrote:



rafilla442000,
Dude....i admire your will power and dedication man!!!!Hats off to you....... Gave 5 GMATs over a period of say...2-3 yrs!!!!! I am not surprised it affected your personal life. This monster really takes a toll on ones professional and personal life. My last 4 months have just passed of with no excitement. Cant wait to nail this exam one more final time.

Glad about you reaching your target score.

Which schools did you apply in R1 and which schools are you applying in R2? Any interview calls from R1 and any admit offers?



Thanks mattapraveen!

Things were very difficult for me! But I finally did it!
As part of my strategy I only applied to first and early rounds! I applied to the following schools:
First picks: Fuqua and Tuck
Second picks (plan b): Georgetown and McCombs
Third pick (plan c): Manchester

And it went like this:
- Fuqua: Accepted !!!!! I already paid the school to hold my spot!!! I'm going to NC next year! I'm overjoyed!!!)
- Tuck: Will know later today (probably dinged they have been calling since yesterday)
- Manchester: Accepted with scolarship
- McDonough: Interview invite
- McCombs: nothing do far (I suspect I will be dinged I applied two months ago)


The best of the lucks with the GMAT!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: Starting Work
Affiliations: Chartered Engineer
Joined: 20 Jun 2010
Posts: 198
Location: United Arab Emirates
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
Schools: INSEAD - Class of 2013
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 19

Re: It seems that my world is ended. :( [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2010, 11:38
rafilla442000 wrote:
mattapraveen wrote:
rafilla442000 wrote:



rafilla442000,
Dude....i admire your will power and dedication man!!!!Hats off to you....... Gave 5 GMATs over a period of say...2-3 yrs!!!!! I am not surprised it affected your personal life. This monster really takes a toll on ones professional and personal life. My last 4 months have just passed of with no excitement. Cant wait to nail this exam one more final time.

Glad about you reaching your target score.

Which schools did you apply in R1 and which schools are you applying in R2? Any interview calls from R1 and any admit offers?


Congrats dude!! good luck with ur MBA

Thanks mattapraveen!

Things were very difficult for me! But I finally did it!
As part of my strategy I only applied to first and early rounds! I applied to the following schools:
First picks: Fuqua and Tuck
Second picks (plan b): Georgetown and McCombs
Third pick (plan c): Manchester

And it went like this:
- Fuqua: Accepted !!!!! I already paid the school to hold my spot!!! I'm going to NC next year! I'm overjoyed!!!)
- Tuck: Will know later today (probably dinged they have been calling since yesterday)
- Manchester: Accepted with scolarship
- McDonough: Interview invite
- McCombs: nothing do far (I suspect I will be dinged I applied two months ago)


The best of the lucks with the GMAT!


Good Luck with your MBA
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 19 Sep 2010
Posts: 56
Location: Pune, India
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 17 [1] , given: 9

Re: It seems that my world is ended. :( [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2010, 22:39
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hey rafilla442000,
Thank you very much for sharing your G-story with me. You're correct.I was totally lost that day.I'm still taking time to come out from it.Actually,I was over confident that day and got nervous when I saw entire questions were easy.
I got a very good lesson from my first G-exam,which I'm gonna apply to in my next attempt.In 2011, I've to join B-school (Top 25 either India or US/UK) no more delay. I'll keep you update.
Your G-story is really very inspiring.
All the best. +1 kudos from my side.
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2010
Posts: 41
Schools: Fuqua (In), Tuck (WL & Withdrawn), McDonough (Withdrawn), McCombs (Withdrawn), Manchester (In & Withdrawn)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [2] , given: 0

Re: It seems that my world is ended. :( [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2010, 10:40
2
This post received
KUDOS
gattupalli wrote:
Thanks for the story...! I really wanted to seek help for my disastrous attempt of my GMAT which i ended up just 530 (47Q and 17V)...all my practice tests I was scoring 600s in MGMAT...and I thought I would end up with atleast 630 or 620... And the worst part was my first GMAT prep w/o any preparation was 590 and 600... I have no clue where things have gone wrong...
I have started my preparation from April 2010 and booked the date in July 2010 and amidst my prep I was not scoring well in my preparation so I postponed to Sep2010....

Iam from a reputed Institute from India, so atleast I feel my verbal is not as bad that I would score just 17... I had a headache on that day and still stressed out on that day a little...but I feel that is not the reason for my score.. I really need help to make 700+ this time.. because I have not apped in 2010...

I have done OG12,11, Verbal review, Quant review, GMAT CLub questions, MGMAT SC, and powerscore CR...

how do I start my preparation again because to assess I would remember the questions of GMAT prep...
?

Please help me..!!


I'm sorry that you are having a hard time with the GMAT... By the way you are telling me your experience it sounds that you might think that there is no tomorrow and that your next GMAT attempt is the only one you have.... Please do think that you have all the chances in the world to beat the gmat!

According to Manhattan GMAT's experts... Verbal (particularily sentence correction) is the easiest way to increase your score! They say that if you practice for a month SC you'll end up "dominating" them and these Q's account for more than a third on the GMAT... so there, you can have your points..

On the RC section, remember that you have like 6-8 minutes to answer all the q's from a passage, so use like 4 min (depending on the passage) to grasp the main ideas of each paragraph... and that you get the point of what the author is trying to say and most importantly why is he telligh you these things... Why is this relevant?... Start to read "critically".. Take wise notes and arm your skeletall sketch... Then while reading the Q's identify whether this Q is general or specific.. if this Q is general with your sketch you should be able to figure the answer... and of the question is specific your sketch should work as an index to go back to the reading and find the answer...

On the CR section i gues you should first be calm... Read the question first and after that Read critically ! picture yourself into the shoes of the author (s)... Why are they telling you this ? Why are they wrong? do you agree or disagree? are they giving you sufficient evidence to back up their arguments?... Understand the idea and imagine yourself as part of that conversation!

Well... I guess I can only wish you LUCK.. And remember if you end up with a low score again... you have another chance!

Good Luck
Moderator
Moderator
avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2010
Posts: 290
Schools: Tepper, McCombs, Kelley, Darden, Andersen
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 68 [0], given: 35

Premium Member
Re: It seems that my world is ended. :( [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2010, 01:07
Quote:
I was getting acceptable (450 -550) score in GMAT prep test.It was enough for me I was thinking if I'm getting this score in GMAT prep I'll reach at 650 in real exam and after that will go to again for it.


I don't think this is how it works. In my experience in the real test your score normally is a little lower than what you've been scoring on the GMATPrep. There's no way you'll see a 100 point jump from the GMATPrep to the real test.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 25 Jul 2010
Posts: 300
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V46
GPA: 3.2
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 18

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 20

Reviews Badge
Re: It seems that my world is ended. :( [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2010, 05:59
Hey SoniaSaini,
Sorry to hear about your previous attempt. But don't lose heart, things will definitely improve the next time. When do you plan to write your next GMAT? Since you mentioned that you will be applying to b-school so as to matriculate next year, I suppose there isn't much time left, so best of luck!!!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2010
Posts: 83
Location: United States (NC)
GPA: 2.3
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 115

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: It seems that my world is ended. :( [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2010, 03:51
Hi Sonia,

I have the same story as yours. I took the exam in October this year and got an awful 510 (Q42 V20). I was so dejected that I did not know what to do. I can recollect my state of mind by reading that you were so dejected that you did not even realize that there was traffic on the road. I left my job to prepare for the GMAT and I prepared for full 6 months - day and night. For each and every minute of those 6 months, I had only GMAT in my brain; still I got 510! I did not get anything lower than 600 in any of my prep tests, either Manhattan or GMAT Prep. I booked the date in an anticipation that I'll be able to score at least 630 but failed badly.

I completely understand your plight but I do not intend to sympathize with you as sympathy is not the solution to the failure that we have seen. I have decided to take the exam again as I cannot sacrifice my dreams to just one failure.

I would suggest you to take a break from studies for about 2 months unless you are in a hurry to take the examination. Spend time with yourself to introspect that what actually went wrong. In my case, I feel that since I am an Indian and have always learnt British English, taking a leap to learn American English is a difficult step in itself. Now, I have changed my perspective towards English completely and have drifted towards American English. Believe me, it is all about your hunger to learn the language, to feel the language and to live the language.

Start reading novels written by ONLY American authors, practise SC and other things that you feel you should do. Fix a target to take the examination and plan accordingly. One more thing - spend as much time as you can with your family because once you decide to retake the GMAT, you will have to sacrifice your social life (this is what I am doing)!

I hope that I make some (if not much) sense to you.

Cheers!
Rajat.
_________________

---------------------------------------------------------------
Consider to give me kudos if my post helped you.

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 19 Sep 2010
Posts: 56
Location: Pune, India
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 9

Re: It seems that my world is ended. :( [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2010, 05:43
Hello Srjaidev,

I've started my G-day journey.Before go to real exam I want to give whole MGMAT test series (I wrote only one),Kewten,Gmatclub and Kaplan free tests.I hope things will be fine.




srjaidev wrote:
Hey SoniaSaini,
Sorry to hear about your previous attempt. But don't lose heart, things will definitely improve the next time. When do you plan to write your next GMAT? Since you mentioned that you will be applying to b-school so as to matriculate next year, I suppose there isn't much time left, so best of luck!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 25 Jul 2010
Posts: 300
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V46
GPA: 3.2
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 18

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 20

Reviews Badge
Re: It seems that my world is ended. :( [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2010, 05:46
SoniaSaini wrote:
Hello Srjaidev,

I've started my G-day journey.Before go to real exam I wanna go write whole MGMAT (I wrote only one),Kewten,Gmatclub and Kaplan free tests. Wanna see my progress where I stand.




srjaidev wrote:
Hey SoniaSaini,
Sorry to hear about your previous attempt. But don't lose heart, things will definitely improve the next time. When do you plan to write your next GMAT? Since you mentioned that you will be applying to b-school so as to matriculate next year, I suppose there isn't much time left, so best of luck!!!



When is your test?
I wouldn't recommend taking every one of the CATs.
Take a MGMAT test and create the assessment report. That would give you some idea about your weak points. Judging by your score, I am sensing that there could be some concepts you are not yet clear with. Its difficult to give you any further suggestions till I understand how much time you have left :)
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 19 Sep 2010
Posts: 56
Location: Pune, India
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 9

Re: It seems that my world is ended. :( [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2010, 07:28
mittal82 wrote:
Hi Sonia,

I have the same story as yours. I took the exam in October this year and got an awful 510 (Q42 V20). I was so dejected that I did not know what to do. I can recollect my state of mind by reading that you were so dejected that you did not even realize that there was traffic on the road. I left my job to prepare for the GMAT and I prepared for full 6 months - day and night. For each and every minute of those 6 months, I had only GMAT in my brain; still I got 510! I did not get anything lower than 600 in any of my prep tests, either Manhattan or GMAT Prep. I booked the date in an anticipation that I'll be able to score at least 630 but failed badly.

I completely understand your plight but I do not intend to sympathize with you as sympathy is not the solution to the failure that we have seen. I have decided to take the exam again as I cannot sacrifice my dreams to just one failure.

I would suggest you to take a break from studies for about 2 months unless you are in a hurry to take the examination. Spend time with yourself to introspect that what actually went wrong. In my case, I feel that since I am an Indian and have always learnt British English, taking a leap to learn American English is a difficult step in itself. Now, I have changed my perspective towards English completely and have drifted towards American English. Believe me, it is all about your hunger to learn the language, to feel the language and to live the language.

Start reading novels written by ONLY American authors, practise SC and other things that you feel you should do. Fix a target to take the examination and plan accordingly. One more thing - spend as much time as you can with your family because once you decide to retake the GMAT, you will have to sacrifice your social life (this is what I am doing)!

I hope that I make some (if not much) sense to you.

Cheers!
Rajat.


Hello Rajat,

Thank you very much your story.
I really don't know what had happened to me on G-day? I've heard (read on google) that in real exam if we get an easy question that means not doing well.I was getting very easy questions,like area,solving equations and measure... suddenly,that thing clicked in mind and I lost my confidence. next question was again measurement and could not able to solve it. Any ways... that was my bad day.

After some days,I realized that when we more chase something,the further it goes away from us.and when we stop chasing it,if it's destined,it does come back to us.at least now I've found it true in my life.

I've started my G-journey again. Let see how it goes.
all the best to you. do well.
On this forum people are really very helpful.Moreover,their G-journey and debrief motive me.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 19 Sep 2010
Posts: 56
Location: Pune, India
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 9

Re: It seems that my world is ended. :( [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2010, 07:41
srjaidev wrote:
SoniaSaini wrote:
Hello Srjaidev,

I've started my G-day journey.Before go to real exam I wanna write whole MGMAT (I wrote only one),Kewten,Gmatclub and Kaplan free tests. Wanna see my progress where I stand.




srjaidev wrote:
Hey SoniaSaini,
Sorry to hear about your previous attempt. But don't lose heart, things will definitely improve the next time. When do you plan to write your next GMAT? Since you mentioned that you will be applying to b-school so as to matriculate next year, I suppose there isn't much time left, so best of luck!!!



When is your test?
I wouldn't recommend taking every one of the CATs.
Take a MGMAT test and create the assessment report. That would give you some idea about your weak points. Judging by your score, I am sensing that there could be some concepts you are not yet clear with. Its difficult to give you any further suggestions till I understand how much time you have left :)


Srjaidev,

I have not booked exam yet. roughly is around on March'11/April'11. I wanted to apply in S.P.Jain and XLRI but ...
Yes,I've bought MGMAT 6 series online test.
It seems you want to help me. :).I'm happy and thank you very much.

I'm going through again OG'12 and every question is in my heart.:(.don't know how to get rid of?
DS and RC are giving to me trouble.What can I say, I do get lost in wording of question.like % and Time/speed.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2010
Posts: 41
Schools: Fuqua (In), Tuck (WL & Withdrawn), McDonough (Withdrawn), McCombs (Withdrawn), Manchester (In & Withdrawn)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: It seems that my world is ended. :( [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2010, 07:54
Sonia...
Just something additional to consider:

"I've heard (read on google) that in real exam if we get an easy question that means not doing well.I was getting very easy questions,like area,solving equations and measure... suddenly,that thing clicked in mind and I lost my confidence. "


Remember there are some experimental questions that could be either easy or hard and to our misfortunue they are placed randomly in the test... So, whenever you reach a weird question that you might think is easy to answer (or just weird) remember that the evil GMAC could just be testing some statistics with it and by no means will affect your performance on the test.

Good Luck!!!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 19 Sep 2010
Posts: 56
Location: Pune, India
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 9

Re: It seems that my world is ended. :( [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2010, 08:55
rafilla442000 wrote:
Sonia...
Just something additional to consider:

"I've heard (read on google) that in real exam if we get an easy question that means not doing well.I was getting very easy questions,like area,solving equations and measure... suddenly,that thing clicked in mind and I lost my confidence. "


Remember there are some experimental questions that could be either easy or hard and to our misfortunue they are placed randomly in the test... So, whenever you reach a weird question that you might think is easy to answer (or just weird) remember that the evil GMAC could just be testing some statistics with it and by no means will affect your performance on the test.

Good Luck!!!


Hey my friend rafilla442000,

Thank you very much. I'm not gonna do this kind of silly mistake in my next attempt.

All the best to you.!!!!!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2010
Posts: 83
Location: United States (NC)
GPA: 2.3
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 115

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: It seems that my world is ended. :( [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2010, 23:24
SoniaSaini wrote:
mittal82 wrote:
Hi Sonia,

I have the same story as yours. I took the exam in October this year and got an awful 510 (Q42 V20). I was so dejected that I did not know what to do. I can recollect my state of mind by reading that you were so dejected that you did not even realize that there was traffic on the road. I left my job to prepare for the GMAT and I prepared for full 6 months - day and night. For each and every minute of those 6 months, I had only GMAT in my brain; still I got 510! I did not get anything lower than 600 in any of my prep tests, either Manhattan or GMAT Prep. I booked the date in an anticipation that I'll be able to score at least 630 but failed badly.

I completely understand your plight but I do not intend to sympathize with you as sympathy is not the solution to the failure that we have seen. I have decided to take the exam again as I cannot sacrifice my dreams to just one failure.

I would suggest you to take a break from studies for about 2 months unless you are in a hurry to take the examination. Spend time with yourself to introspect that what actually went wrong. In my case, I feel that since I am an Indian and have always learnt British English, taking a leap to learn American English is a difficult step in itself. Now, I have changed my perspective towards English completely and have drifted towards American English. Believe me, it is all about your hunger to learn the language, to feel the language and to live the language.

Start reading novels written by ONLY American authors, practise SC and other things that you feel you should do. Fix a target to take the examination and plan accordingly. One more thing - spend as much time as you can with your family because once you decide to retake the GMAT, you will have to sacrifice your social life (this is what I am doing)!

I hope that I make some (if not much) sense to you.

Cheers!
Rajat.


Hello Rajat,

Thank you very much your story.
I really don't know what had happened to me on G-day? I've heard (read on google) that in real exam if we get an easy question that means not doing well.I was getting very easy questions,like area,solving equations and measure... suddenly,that thing clicked in mind and I lost my confidence. next question was again measurement and could not able to solve it. Any ways... that was my bad day.

After some days,I realized that when we more chase something,the further it goes away from us.and when we stop chasing it,if it's destined,it does come back to us.at least now I've found it true in my life.

I've started my G-journey again. Let see how it goes.
all the best to you. do well.
On this forum people are really very helpful.Moreover,their G-journey and debrief motive me.



Thanks Sonia! I am glad that you have again started your journey towards your dreams.

By any chance, are you in IT industry?

Regards,
Rajat.
_________________

---------------------------------------------------------------
Consider to give me kudos if my post helped you.

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2011
Posts: 6
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: It seems that my world is ended. :( [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2011, 07:38
All the best you guys are really doing hard
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2011
Posts: 6
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: It seems that my world is ended. :( [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2011, 14:10
List of top 10 B-Schools based on 2010 rankings(FT):

1.) London Business SchoolFeatured business school U.K.
2.) University of Pennsylvania: Wharton U.S.A
3.) Harvard Business School U.S.A.
4.) Stanford University GSB U.S.A.
5.) Insead France / Singapore
6.) Columbia Business School U.S.A.
7.) IE Business SchoolFeatured business school Spain
8.) MIT Sloan School of Management U.S.A.
9.) University of Chicago: Booth U.S.A.
10.) Hong Kong UST Business School China
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: Still not there yet!!!
Joined: 11 Jan 2011
Posts: 60
Schools: Waaayyy....in the future - Booth!!
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 14

Re: It seems that my world is ended. :( [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2011, 15:26
Dear Sonai,

My exam is just 15 days away from now. I am very sorry for your experience, but looking at your post, your study plan seems very similar to mine. From your own experience can you please give me any advice about what I should watch out for and what I should pay extra attention to within just 2 weeks?

My practice scores have been 370,440,360 and most recently a 500.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 19 Sep 2010
Posts: 56
Location: Pune, India
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 9

Re: It seems that my world is ended. :( [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2011, 20:32
Sednima wrote:
Dear Sonai,

My exam is just 15 days away from now. I am very sorry for your experience, but looking at your post, your study plan seems very similar to mine. From your own experience can you please give me any advice about what I should watch out for and what I should pay extra attention to within just 2 weeks?

My practice scores have been 370,440,360 and most recently a 500.


Hey,
There are lots of good people (Bunuel,Walker etc... ) who have scored very high score.I'm very much sure they would be happy to help you.

What I can say Sednima;
1.You focus on your Quant parts.In Quant we can score high.
2.Revise your quant and error logs.
3.Verbal part revise SC and CR rule.Try to find out wrong answer choice not correct one(I've made that mistake).for RC,there is no quick strategy.
4.Go to test center with +ve attitude and please focus on only questions.
I believe,you're the only person, you can evaluate your self at this time about your study.

Be happy,feel happy.:)

All the best!!!!!! you will get it.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: Still not there yet!!!
Joined: 11 Jan 2011
Posts: 60
Schools: Waaayyy....in the future - Booth!!
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 14

Re: It seems that my world is ended. :( [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2011, 20:46
1
This post received
KUDOS
Thanks!! You are a really nice person. And I know you will succeed too!!!
All the best!! :)
Re: It seems that my world is ended. :(   [#permalink] 31 Jan 2011, 20:46
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic Used until the end of the Second World War,the German army RaviChandra 2 13 Aug 2013, 07:37
28 Experts publish their posts in the topic End of my GMAT Journey! Sachin9 22 17 Mar 2013, 23:34
Experts publish their posts in the topic 2013??? Wasn't the world supposed to end in 2012???? JonAdmissionado 0 31 Dec 2012, 04:08
1 this is the end my only friend bomberman 14 27 Sep 2011, 04:17
GMAT MY STORY - BAD ENDING bobbyd 2 02 Dec 2004, 13:33
Display posts from previous: Sort by

It seems that my world is ended. :(

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 52 posts ] 

Moderators: m3equals333, TGC



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.