Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 14:59 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: General Management
Schools: NTU '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Status:I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul!!
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.9
WE:Design (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]
Dear reader,

I would like to know more about the work permit scenario post MBA from Ivey, being a ONE year MBA program.
I understand that for an education period of >8 months and <2 years, work permit is 1 year in Canada.

What is the usual step once this 1-year work permit period is over? Is their a similar lottery system as there is for H1B in US?

Thank you so much well in advance!
- Rahul
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]
Any more admits over the last few weeks? Does anybody know how many people got an admit till now?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Ivey '18 (I)
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.5
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
I spoke with Jenni last week during the QS World MBA event at Bangalore. She said the results will be conveyed by early June.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
michael139 wrote:
I spoke with Jenni last week during the QS World MBA event at Bangalore. She said the results will be conveyed by early June.

Yeah..she said the same to me when I met with her. The admissions team is planning to meet up sometime this week for taking decisions..
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Dear all,

Can anyone tell me whether the LIBRO credit can be accessed by international students if no other suitable funding opportunity is found out?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Ivey '18 (A)
Send PM
Kudos
rg2014 wrote:
Dear reader,

I would like to know more about the work permit scenario post MBA from Ivey, being a ONE year MBA program.
I understand that for an education period of >8 months and <2 years, work permit is 1 year in Canada.

What is the usual step once this 1-year work permit period is over? Is their a similar lottery system as there is for H1B in US?

Thank you so much well in advance!
- Rahul

Do you homework again, buddy. Ontario has PR program for graduate student after graduation. On the other hand, you can have sponsor after graduation (without the lottery system as H1B) - you see 99% job offer within 6 months?

rcb101 wrote:
Dear all,

Can anyone tell me whether the LIBRO credit can be accessed by international students if no other suitable funding opportunity is found out?

Libro is assessed for international student but the amount is approved based on your profile. Libro loan is limited and is not provide sufficient fund for you.

Ivey is a great school and I am very happy with the admission offer this year.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.26
Send PM
Hi, I have around 3 years of strong work experience at multinationals and I am from Pakistan. However, I gave the GMAT recently and scored only 600. I am considering rewriting the test but that may mean applying at later application round. Any idea? Is my score too low to apply at Ivey?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
YooZee wrote:
Hi, I have around 3 years of strong work experience at multinationals and I am from Pakistan. However, I gave the GMAT recently and scored only 600. I am considering rewriting the test but that may mean applying at later application round. Any idea? Is my score too low to apply at Ivey?

Thanks

Hi YooZee,

Ivey reviews your application as a whole, therefore it depends on the strength of your work experience, volunteer experience, essays, references, and GMAT score. With that said, 600 is the minimum GMAT score as stated on the Ivey MBA website and if you feel that your application as a whole is not that strong you may want to consider retaking the test. However, if you have a strong application based on Ivey's criteria, a score of 600 may be sufficient for an acceptance. Hope that helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3
WE:Account Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
YooZee wrote:

Thanks

Hi YooZee,

I'm currently at Ivey, and I would recommend writing the exam again. There is little benefit to applying early to Ivey, apart from applying for your visa earlier, but you are quite early in the process (I'm unsure of visa timelines so look into that). There are also no official rounds or deadlines for reviewing applications, so apply between deadlines if your GMAT exam is then.

It's accepted the standards for international students are higher, a 600 with an otherwise strong profile would probably get in for a domestic, but the quality of international applicants is higher, as it is in most schools. You could also increase your chances of scoring a scholarship with a better GMAT score.

Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
YooZee wrote:

Thanks

It is much better that you look at the average of the class (GMAT, work experience, GPA…) – 600 is quite low compared to the average of 670. I believe that your profile must be more competitive than that of other candidates to compensate for the weak GMAT score.

I think you don’t need to worry too much about timeline. Ivey is applying rolling-based admission, not round based admission as other schools. It means that you don’t need to wait for the round deadline to apply and you can have offer around 3 weeks. Visa takes only 2 months to complete and you still have 8 months to start at Ivey, why do you need to worry much about time?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Ivey '18
Send PM
Congrats to all for the admit. Did you guys submitted TOEFL/IELTS scores.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V39
GPA: 3.4
WE:Science (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Read through the thread here and wanted to thank everyone for the tips! And I certainly agree, Julia is phenomenal. She's very casual to deal with and replies to most questions instantly. Certainly a well deserved reputation.

I will be applying shortly after the workshop here in Calgary and the class visit in July/August. Having talked to Julia and going through the posts here, I believe my GMAT score of 640 is competitive. The main problem for me is the work experience which is 2 years (albeit an unusually rigorous two years) and the age: 24.

Having gone through the process at McGill and Haskayne, I feel more confident now but any tips on how I should proceed? I believe I could improve the GMAT with a bit of extra effort. Would that be worthwhile?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi All, Hope everyone is doing good. It appears that 6 out of 21 R1 applicants have been admitted to Ivey this year, which is quite a good number. Last year we had 39 applicants in R1 of which 7 were admitted, so it's good to learn that admission rate has improved this time. Hope this trend will continue in Round 2 as well. All the best to all R2 folks.

We request all applicants to include Ivey school on your timeline so that the applicant stats displayed in the first post will reflect true picture of admissions. While adding Ivey to timeline, MAKE SURE you are setting it for graduation year i.e. 'Class of 2018'.

Attachment:
Ivey.png
Ivey.png [ 24.57 KiB | Viewed 5223 times ]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Jeet.. I have been admitted to the Ivey MBA (2017 Intake). Could you please add me to the group of admitted students?
Manager
Manager
Status:I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul!!
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
amici2808 wrote:
Hey Jeet.. I have been admitted to the Ivey MBA (2017 Intake). Could you please add me to the group of admitted students?

Hey there. congrats on your admit. Please check your IM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
HI Guys, New to this place but it has the Pagalguy feel to it :). Have applied to IVEY in R2.

Here is my profile.
I have a Post Graduate diploma in Marketing from IMT Nagpur
5 years in Asian Paints Limited, Mumbai
Currently working as DGM West Zone for Bath fittings business
GMAT > 670
I currently handle a business with a budget of INR 200 million and have a team size of >30 sales professionals to manage
Looking for suggestions in interviews. Have gone through the posts but it will be really helpful if someone can take me through their interview experience over a call maybe.
Looking forward for some replies.

Regards
Varun
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I have noticed that there are several strong candidates with excellent GMAT scores and good work experiences who got rejected after the interview with IVEY. i am wondering now if there is something that really makes or breaks it for candidates during this admissions process. Does anyone have any comments on what those things might be? I am in the process of completing my application and am really curious.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts