Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 04:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Johns Hopkins U (Carey) - Calling All 2013 Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 10 [2] , given: 0

Johns Hopkins U (Carey) - Calling All 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2012, 12:13
This post received
KUDOS

The Johns Hopkins University Carey Business School: Full-time MBA Fall 2013

Fall 2013 applicant details (Real Time)

GMATClub Vs Latest Intake

GMATClub real time applicant stats

Detailed Applicant List

GMATClub Real Time Applicant Tracker

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Phone Interview with JHU [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 04:43
Hello guys!

I have a phone interview with JHU in a couple of days and I was just looking for some advice.

I received an email from an admissions officer to do a phone interview at 11pm next week. I have three questions:

1. Is it normal to have a phone interview this late in the day? I thought perhaps it was a mistake but I was too afraid to ask. I just sent an email confirming the same date and time. I didn't receive anything else after that so I assumed the time was in fact correct.

2. Can I assume that the phone interview means the program is interested? Or do they have to do this with all applicants?

3. Is anyone familiar with phone interviews and questions? Specifically at Johns Hopkins? I did do a search first and came up with a few potential questions to help me prepare..
Intern
Intern
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Johns Hopkins U (Carey) - Calling All 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 16:48
I applied for the full-time program and was under the impression that an interview was not required as it is not listed under the application checklist page on Carey's website. In any case, 11pm sounds odd, are you outside of the U.S by chance? I'm sure an interview is a positive sign though and it'll be a good chance to show off even more of yourself to the adcoms.

If you haven't guessed, I haven't received any word from the admissions team. This rubs me the wrong way as their website states approximately 2-3 weeks to reach a decision (its been about 6-7 weeks for me now).
Intern
Intern

Re: Johns Hopkins U (Carey) - Calling All 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2013, 12:00
ZuluMong wrote:
I applied for the full-time program and was under the impression that an interview was not required as it is not listed under the application checklist page on Carey's website. In any case, 11pm sounds odd, are you outside of the U.S by chance? I'm sure an interview is a positive sign though and it'll be a good chance to show off even more of yourself to the adcoms.

If you haven't guessed, I haven't received any word from the admissions team. This rubs me the wrong way as their website states approximately 2-3 weeks to reach a decision (its been about 6-7 weeks for me now).

I'm actually in state. She replied yesterday confirming the time again so I guess that's the actual time. Do you have any experience with interviews? Is this the only school you've applied to?

I didn't request one, but I am happy. I would assume if I was flat out rejected I wouldn't have been contacted. I wouldn't be put off by my experience as I'm going for my MS. It may be different for the full MBA program.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Johns Hopkins U (Carey) - Calling All 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2013, 10:35
meisjen26 wrote:
ZuluMong wrote:

I'm actually in state. She replied yesterday confirming the time again so I guess that's the actual time. Do you have any experience with interviews? Is this the only school you've applied to?

I didn't request one, but I am happy. I would assume if I was flat out rejected I wouldn't have been contacted. I wouldn't be put off by my experience as I'm going for my MS. It may be different for the full MBA program.

Sent you a PM RE: above. Also bumping to see if any round 1'ers received any word from Carey yet!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Johns Hopkins U (Carey) - Calling All 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2013, 18:23
Hey Everyone,

I have recently decided to attend Johns Hopkins Carey's MS in Finance program starting Fall 2013.
I had been deciding between Boston College, Case Western Reserve, UIUC; they were all MSF programs.
BC and Case were tough to turn down as they were both excellent, established programs; the only programs
offering scholarships were Case and Hopkins, and I was really attracted to the Hopkins innovative approach to Business
and social entrepreneurship at large; the emphasis on making the world a better place through business is certainly an ideal
similarly stressed during my undergraduate studies and one that was hard to come by in other graduate programs.
Though relatively new, I can't help but think good things will come from this program.
It's an exciting program, and the scholarship made my choice much easier as well.
My background is in Finance coming from the University of Notre Dame.
I will be at the Baltimore campus, and am excited for the program and the opportunity to meet new peers!
Thank you for posting this Calling all Applicants page!
Intern
Intern

Re: Johns Hopkins U (Carey) - Calling All 2013 Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 May 2013, 07:56
alumni here. Good for you,Charleslee05, to decide attending Carey! The one-of-a-kind statement of the school "teach business with humanity in mind" can been seen in some of the required courses such as Leadership ethics seminar, business law etc. You will enjoy the classes I would say.
Re: Johns Hopkins U (Carey) - Calling All 2013 Applicants   [#permalink] 16 May 2013, 07:56