Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 10:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: Q V
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 18

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2011, 17:03
+1 dude (or lady) for digging that up.

I don't think I could come up with 22 different variables to look for in my essays, and I was the one who wrote them.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 158 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2011, 08:57
LionsSBC12 wrote:
+1 dude (or lady) for digging that up.

I don't think I could come up with 22 different variables to look for in my essays, and I was the one who wrote them.

Dude's correct. Thanks for the kudos.

Application Profile: http://gmatclub.com/forum/2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-20.html#p1009999

Application Story - The Third Quadrant Applicant: http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-third-quadrant-applicant-125929.html#p1027642

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Retired Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Followers: 56

Kudos [?]: 477 [0], given: 157

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2011, 09:28
Are all of you guys aware of Johnson's policy of "Declaration of Finances Form"? I have heard that the policy is quite tough as it requires to show the finances upto 100 K $ without taking into account the Johnson's loan amount. International applicants, find this limitation quite tough.

Any thoughts????

Posted from my mobile device Image

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
GPA: 3.47

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2011, 22:36
Hi guys, I wonder is any international applicant get interview invitation yet? it is about 4 weeks, but I do not hear anything from them yet, start to worry

Get Me In!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2011, 23:40
I got my interview invite on the 10th. International applicant (India) - I chose the option of a phone interview - still waiting to hear back from Cornell about the dates.
Intern
Intern

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2011, 00:15
Sidhant wrote:
I got my interview invite on the 10th. International applicant (India) - I chose the option of a phone interview - still waiting to hear back from Cornell about the dates.

Thx sidhant! BTW, when your application went under review? Good luck for your interview

Get Me In!

Intern
Intern

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2011, 00:26
ddx2003 wrote:
Sidhant wrote:

Thx sidhant! BTW, when your application went under review? Good luck for your interview

Thanks ddx2003...my application went under review on October 21. I have another friend who's application went under review on Oct 21 and she received her invite on the 11th. Think they've just started sending out the invites for internationals and the coming week will see a major push in that direction. Good luck to you!
Manager
Manager
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 18

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2011, 04:02
Sidhant wrote:
ddx2003 wrote:
Sidhant wrote:

Thanks ddx2003...my application went under review on October 21. I have another friend who's application went under review on Oct 21 and she received her invite on the 11th. Think they've just started sending out the invites for internationals and the coming week will see a major push in that direction. Good luck to you!

International student. Under review since 10/25. No news from Cornell yet. :roll:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V32
WE: Information Technology (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 6

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2011, 06:48
Sidhant wrote:

Congrats Sidhant.. btw did they give you any interview date? Curious to know how many days does one get to prepare for the interview?

Last edited by getshivam on 13 Nov 2011, 07:02, edited 1 time in total.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2011, 06:58
This post received
KUDOS
getshivam wrote:
Sidhant wrote:

Congrats Sidhant.. btw did they give you any interview date? Curious to know how many days does one get to prepare for the interview?

Thanks Shivam. I haven't yet received my interview date. I received the email on the 10th but couldn't reply as I was traveling without access to email. The initial invite asked for my preference of mode for the interview - skype, phone, alum, or on campus. I replied on the 12th, but still haven't received a response. I guess the weekend came up and probably will see an email tomorrow with the interview date.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 8

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2011, 08:10
Sidhant wrote:
getshivam wrote:
Sidhant wrote:

Thanks Shivam. I haven't yet received my interview date. I received the email on the 10th but couldn't reply as I was traveling without access to email. The initial invite asked for my preference of mode for the interview - skype, phone, alum, or on campus. I replied on the 12th, but still haven't received a response. I guess the weekend came up and probably will see an email tomorrow with the interview date.

Congrats Sidhant!!! Any particular reason you opted for a phone interview. Just wondering if Cornell perfers one over the others.
Intern
Intern

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2011, 19:22
mumbai247 wrote:
Sidhant wrote:

Congrats Sidhant!!! Any particular reason you opted for a phone interview. Just wondering if Cornell perfers one over the others.

Thank you! I am traveling frequently these days to remote locations in the country and as a result felt the alumni interview may be a little tough to plan and schedule. Out of Skype and the phone interview, I trust the phone more, and have been in situations earlier where Skype would just not let me log in to the system. That's why a phone interview seemed the safest bet. Personally, I'd prefer an on-campus or alumni interview - somehow seems more personal and one can adapt to interviewer reactions in a better way.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 8

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2011, 19:56
Sidhant wrote:
mumbai247 wrote:
Sidhant wrote:

Thank you! I am traveling frequently these days to remote locations in the country and as a result felt the alumni interview may be a little tough to plan and schedule. Out of Skype and the phone interview, I trust the phone more, and have been in situations earlier where Skype would just not let me log in to the system. That's why a phone interview seemed the safest bet. Personally, I'd prefer an on-campus or alumni interview - somehow seems more personal and one can adapt to interviewer reactions in a better way.

Thanks Sidhant. Wish you all the luck for your interview.
Intern
Intern

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2011, 14:52
Any good news today? I may not receive my invitation from Cornell. :(

Get Me In!

UCLA Thread Master
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 76

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2011, 08:06
Just submitted for Round 1 Consortium
BSchool Forum Moderator

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2011, 09:49
Good luck, guys!

I'm interviewing via Skype tomorrow morning. I will post a recap afterwards.

Application Profile: http://gmatclub.com/forum/2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-20.html#p1009999

Application Story - The Third Quadrant Applicant: http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-third-quadrant-applicant-125929.html#p1027642

Intern
Intern

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2011, 19:01
threestripes wrote:
Good luck, guys!

I'm interviewing via Skype tomorrow morning. I will post a recap afterwards.

Best Luck!

Get Me In!

BSchool Forum Moderator

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2011, 22:45
New Admissions Blog post...

Quote:
The round 2 application deadline is around the corner and we are excited to see a new group of applications. The admissions office is still deep into round 1, so if you haven't heard from us yet, please continue to be patient. We are working through the applications as quickly as possible.

At Johnson, we have a transparent, but tight process. Each application is given proper consideration and time with the admissions committee through application reads as well as those who are interviewed. We will try to match those invited to interview with someone who has experience in their industry. This is not a perfect process yet, but it is a move in the right direction for an optimal interview experience for our candidates.

This week, we will be hosting our own Application Chat to connect with round 2 applicants before submitting their application. We will answer questions about the essays, exam requirements, and interview policies. The chat is scheduled for November 17, 2011, 9 am Eastern Time.

If you have specfic questions on the handling of your application, please be aware each applicant has their own application manager to help you through the process. If you haven't already, you can contact them:
(if your surname starts from A-I) Heidi Russell, Sr. Admissions Representative hjr27@cornell.edu
(if your surname start from H-O) Jade Bigelow, Admissions Representative jab832@cornell.edu
(if your surname starts from P-Z) Jenna Abbott, Admissions Representative jma266@cornell.edu

We look forward to reading your application!

Source: https://www.johnson.cornell.edu/Academic-Programs/Full-Time-MBA/Admissions/Admissions-Blog/EntryId/167/Ready-Set-Round-2.aspx

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
Schools: MIT (Sloan) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V45
GPA: 3.27
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2011, 06:26
Just received my interview invite this morning (timestamp 9:07am EST). Hurray!
Under review since Oct 26.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2011, 06:42
Quote:
This week, we will be hosting our own Application Chat to connect with round 2 applicants before submitting their application. We will answer questions about the essays, exam requirements, and interview policies. The chat is scheduled for November 17, 2011, 9 am Eastern Time.

Does anyone have more information on this? I am planning on applying to Round 2 and would love to participate in this chat.
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 16 Nov 2011, 06:42