Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 20:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 May 2011
Posts: 7
Location: London,UK
Schools: Johnson, Tuck, Yale, Vanderbilt (In with $$$)
WE 1: Tech Consulting - 2 years
WE 2: Tech Strategy - investment bank - 2 years
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2012, 00:57
[quote="veronicalulu"]I was invited to interview today! Am hoping to schedule it for next week! :-D[/quote

Cool, Are you an R3 applicant?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Mar 2012
Posts: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
GPA: 4
WE: Research (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2012, 04:36
"I was invited to interview today! Am hoping to schedule it for next week! :-D"

"Cool, Are you an R3 applicant?"

I am R4!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 9
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2012, 12:55
Hi guys,

Need interview scheduling advice.
I was invited to interview yesterday and I'm wondering if I should go on campus or do the skype thing. I definitely want to visit the school, but I can only do that towards the end of next week due to my work/travel schedules. However, Cornell is my prime choice. I know that the class is already filling up, so I want to get interviewed as early as possible. But I don't want them to think I'm not very serious about the program by interviewing over skype. (I've never visited the class before either!).
So I have the following options:
1. Interview over skype this week and risk coming across as not being too serious about SC Johnson.
2. Interview in person next week and risk missing out on spots that are already filling up fast everyday!

I know they (all schools) swear that on-campus and off-campus/skype interviews are weighed equally. But from the experiece of some of my friends, I know that many schools, (especially slightly-less-than-top-tier programs like SC Johnson) may hold that against you if you never visited as they may assume that you're using them as only a safe-school.

Let me know what you guys think. Has anyone interviewed over Skype and got in (without ever visiting a class or meeting the admissions team?)

Has anyone heard of an R3 applicant admitted towards end of April?

Appreciate your inputs!!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Dec 2011
Posts: 161
Location: United States
Volunteer Experience: 24 Months Full-Time
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
GRE 1: 322 Q162 V160
GPA: 3.8
WE: Education (Health Care)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 69

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2012, 13:22
bschoolsri wrote:
Hi guys,

Need interview scheduling advice.
I was invited to interview yesterday and I'm wondering if I should go on campus or do the skype thing. I definitely want to visit the school, but I can only do that towards the end of next week due to my work/travel schedules. However, Cornell is my prime choice. I know that the class is already filling up, so I want to get interviewed as early as possible. But I don't want them to think I'm not very serious about the program by interviewing over skype. (I've never visited the class before either!).
So I have the following options:
1. Interview over skype this week and risk coming across as not being too serious about SC Johnson.
2. Interview in person next week and risk missing out on spots that are already filling up fast everyday!

I know they (all schools) swear that on-campus and off-campus/skype interviews are weighed equally. But from the experiece of some of my friends, I know that many schools, (especially slightly-less-than-top-tier programs like SC Johnson) may hold that against you if you never visited as they may assume that you're using them as only a safe-school.

Let me know what you guys think. Has anyone interviewed over Skype and got in (without ever visiting a class or meeting the admissions team?)

Has anyone heard of an R3 applicant admitted towards end of April?

Appreciate your inputs!!


If you are serious about the school and it's your top pick, I would definitely interview on campus. Skype will work if you live far away or can't make it to the campus, but it's never an advantage to interview over skype, even if they say its equally weighted (and i dont think they say that at johnson) and even if you can schedule the interview earlier by skype.

I interviewed in person at CU, (my #2 pick) and was accepted. but i skyped with my #6 pick safety school and was waitlisted there.

if it's your top pick, you dont want to get dinged or WL'd and always wonder "what if i would have gone on campus..." just go for it.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 9
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2012, 14:01
iamvolitant wrote:
bschoolsri wrote:
Hi guys,

Need interview scheduling advice.
I was invited to interview yesterday and I'm wondering if I should go on campus or do the skype thing. I definitely want to visit the school, but I can only do that towards the end of next week due to my work/travel schedules. However, Cornell is my prime choice. I know that the class is already filling up, so I want to get interviewed as early as possible. But I don't want them to think I'm not very serious about the program by interviewing over skype. (I've never visited the class before either!).
So I have the following options:
1. Interview over skype this week and risk coming across as not being too serious about SC Johnson.
2. Interview in person next week and risk missing out on spots that are already filling up fast everyday!

I know they (all schools) swear that on-campus and off-campus/skype interviews are weighed equally. But from the experiece of some of my friends, I know that many schools, (especially slightly-less-than-top-tier programs like SC Johnson) may hold that against you if you never visited as they may assume that you're using them as only a safe-school.

Let me know what you guys think. Has anyone interviewed over Skype and got in (without ever visiting a class or meeting the admissions team?)

Has anyone heard of an R3 applicant admitted towards end of April?

Appreciate your inputs!!


If you are serious about the school and it's your top pick, I would definitely interview on campus. Skype will work if you live far away or can't make it to the campus, but it's never an advantage to interview over skype, even if they say its equally weighted (and i dont think they say that at johnson) and even if you can schedule the interview earlier by skype.

I interviewed in person at CU, (my #2 pick) and was accepted. but i skyped with my #6 pick safety school and was waitlisted there.

if it's your top pick, you dont want to get dinged or WL'd and always wonder "what if i would have gone on campus..." just go for it.


Hey iamvolitant, Thanks so much for the reply!!
Just curious as to when you had your interview at CU? Towards the end of the application cycle by any chance? Which round did you apply to?
Like I mentioned in my post, I definitely would love to interview on campus, but I'm wondering waiting a week for doing so may just be too late given that the class is filling up pretty darn fast!
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Status: Darden it is
Joined: 21 Oct 2011
Posts: 7
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
WE: Marketing (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 02:43
veronicalulu wrote:
"I was invited to interview today! Am hoping to schedule it for next week! :-D"

"Cool, Are you an R3 applicant?"

I am R4!


Cool.. Congratulations !!

I'm a R4 applicant as well, and still waiting for the good news. Did you get your invitation by email or did you have to sign in to look for your application status?
_________________

Batak Rules !

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 May 2011
Posts: 7
Location: London,UK
Schools: Johnson, Tuck, Yale, Vanderbilt (In with $$$)
WE 1: Tech Consulting - 2 years
WE 2: Tech Strategy - investment bank - 2 years
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 05:06
anonymous1 wrote:
Brazilian wrote:
battletux wrote:
I interviewed march 26 and havent received an answer yet....is anyone in the same position?


Yes, many of us.


To all of you R3 ap. still waiting, interviewing 3/26 --> later: My app just turned complete (from interv. scheduled) Any movement for you guys as well? Let's hope an answer is coming up soon!:)

Posted from my mobile device Image[/quote

Mine went complete yesterday, interviewed on 3/28. Not sure how long this whole process is going to take!. May they are waiting to see off the deposit date (April 15).
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Dec 2011
Posts: 161
Location: United States
Volunteer Experience: 24 Months Full-Time
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
GRE 1: 322 Q162 V160
GPA: 3.8
WE: Education (Health Care)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 69

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 05:57
bschoolsri wrote:
Hey iamvolitant, Thanks so much for the reply!!
Just curious as to when you had your interview at CU? Towards the end of the application cycle by any chance? Which round did you apply to?
Like I mentioned in my post, I definitely would love to interview on campus, but I'm wondering waiting a week for doing so may just be too late given that the class is filling up pretty darn fast!


I was invited to interview at the Consortium weekend, which was 9 days before the hear-back date for round 2 if i remember correctly.

If you can get out of work a week from now and go, like you said, i'm sure that's fine, not too late. They wouldn't invite a whole round of people to interview and use up all their slots on people who interviewed during the first week.

On top of that, they havent even notified all of R3 yet, so I'm pretty sure spots are not already filling up on R4. But if you are still worried about the timing, I would bring it up when you call Marcie to schedule the interview. Offer to schedule an in person interview, then after scheduling, tell her that you could interview a week earlier over skype if that would be better. I guarantee they will not reccommend it. then you can rest easy, having heard straight from the horses mouth.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Posts: 53
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 09:26
ajus wrote:
occamsrazor wrote:
Any movement off the waitlists? Its been more than a month for me.

Been on wait list since R1. As far as i know, no one has come off it since then!



Same here. Waiting since R2. Any idea when they start pulling people off the waitlist? Any ideas from last year?
How many of the admitted students have accepted the offer--what's the yield this time? Perhaps, that could give us some hopes.

thanks.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Essays writing
Joined: 16 Apr 2011
Posts: 75
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
WE: Research (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 11:58
reach2bhush wrote:
ajus wrote:
occamsrazor wrote:
Any movement off the waitlists? Its been more than a month for me.

Been on wait list since R1. As far as i know, no one has come off it since then!



Same here. Waiting since R2. Any idea when they start pulling people off the waitlist? Any ideas from last year?
How many of the admitted students have accepted the offer--what's the yield this time? Perhaps, that could give us some hopes.

thanks.


Has anyone got the feedback from Adcom on wait list status? Any email regarding wailt list status? I mailed them but no response.
I guess after this weekend's event Adcom will have better idea about the spots left.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Oct 2011
Posts: 39
Location: Brazil
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 12:52
Interviewed on March 28th and waitlisted since yesterday.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2010
Posts: 93
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: Q48 V38
GPA: 3.35
WE: Operations (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 3

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 13:15
All three of us are waitlisted with a 690 lol. Sucks that we won't be able to participate in welcome week.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Mar 2012
Posts: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
GPA: 4
WE: Research (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2012, 08:41
ronsim260580 wrote:
veronicalulu wrote:
"I was invited to interview today! Am hoping to schedule it for next week! :-D"

"Cool, Are you an R3 applicant?"

I am R4!


Cool.. Congratulations !!

I'm a R4 applicant as well, and still waiting for the good news. Did you get your invitation by email or did you have to sign in to look for your application status?


I got an email and I've already scheduled my interview!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Oct 2011
Posts: 39
Location: Brazil
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2012, 12:29
Does someone know when the AMBA course starts?
Thanks!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Mar 2012
Posts: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
GPA: 4
WE: Research (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2012, 12:33
Brazilian wrote:
Does someone know when the AMBA course starts?
Thanks!


Classes start May 7. Apparently everyone will be informed by the end of next week.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Essays writing
Joined: 16 Apr 2011
Posts: 75
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
WE: Research (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2012, 19:59
Brazilian wrote:
Interviewed on March 28th and waitlisted since yesterday.

Are you AMBA applicant?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Oct 2011
Posts: 39
Location: Brazil
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2012, 02:42
app2012 wrote:
Brazilian wrote:
Interviewed on March 28th and waitlisted since yesterday.

Are you AMBA applicant?


Yes, I am.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 May 2011
Posts: 7
Location: London,UK
Schools: Johnson, Tuck, Yale, Vanderbilt (In with $$$)
WE 1: Tech Consulting - 2 years
WE 2: Tech Strategy - investment bank - 2 years
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2012, 04:37
Sylverlee wrote:
All three of us are waitlisted with a 690 lol. Sucks that we won't be able to participate in welcome week.


Any waitlisted folks planning on sending updates to adcom?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Oct 2011
Posts: 39
Location: Brazil
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2012, 09:20
Invinci2012 wrote:
Sylverlee wrote:
All three of us are waitlisted with a 690 lol. Sucks that we won't be able to participate in welcome week.


Any waitlisted folks planning on sending updates to adcom?


No, no relevant changes in my application...
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Status: Darden it is
Joined: 21 Oct 2011
Posts: 7
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
WE: Marketing (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2012, 14:46
Any news for R4 Applicants?
_________________

Batak Rules !

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 13 Apr 2012, 14:46
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
7 Experts publish their posts in the topic Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants aceacharya 35 18 Jun 2014, 12:04
95 Experts publish their posts in the topic Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants Avault 1424 23 Aug 2011, 22:02
226 Experts publish their posts in the topic Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants GMATLA 1653 27 Aug 2012, 16:27
Calling all the Johnson (Cornell) Waitlist 2012 app2012 4 28 Feb 2012, 15:50
46 Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! solaris1 1424 15 Jul 2008, 16:24
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  60   61   62   63   64   65   66  ...  72    Next  [ 1425 posts ] 



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.