Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 17:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2012, 08:14
Hey all,

I am a current AMBA student at Johnson, and would like to connect with the incoming AMBA class of 2013. Email me if you have any questions about the program or need information about the relocation to Ithaca.

Best...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GPA: 3.65
WE: Project Management (Real Estate)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 56

GMAT Tests User
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2012, 07:57
I just released one spot for the class of 2014. Good luck to everyone still waiting.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, General Management
Schools: Johnson '14 (I)
GPA: 3.92

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2012, 08:33
Are there any Rd3 applicants still waiting for a decision? I interviewed 12 days ago and my app went to complete about a week ago.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2012, 08:42
Who from the GMATClub was at DJ this weekend?!
UCLA Thread Master
Concentration: Finance
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 76

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2012, 10:17
pitpit wrote:

I was up there, great times esp the museum party, need to catch up on sleep this week
Manager
Manager
Schools: Johnson '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2012, 10:41
randomguy2012 wrote:
why would you want to go to cornell? ithaca? really?

[x] waitlisted

edit: but ya, hope everyone is abandoning after DJ to leave room for me!!!
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2012, 11:52
snipes wrote:
randomguy2012 wrote:
why would you want to go to cornell? ithaca? really?

[x] waitlisted

edit: but ya, hope everyone is abandoning after DJ to leave room for me!!!

I don't know... they definitely did an exceptional job of "wine and dine"ing us this weekend. Everyone I spoke to was thoroughly impressed with the DJ weekend.
Manager
Manager
Volunteer Experience: 24 Months Full-Time
GRE 1: 322 Q162 V160
GPA: 3.8
WE: Education (Health Care)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 69

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2012, 13:07
johnnyGMAT2k10 wrote:
pitpit wrote:

I was up there, great times esp the museum party, need to catch up on sleep this week

Museum party was awesome.
I was not expecting so many dudes to have their shirts torn off by the end of the night, but everyone definitely had a good time.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2012, 16:05
Waitlisted guys,

Any news/rumors/updates about the waitlist movement? I hope they take a look at the waitlist this week. any data from previous years on how many people got admitted off the waitlist?

Thanks and good luck
Manager
Manager

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2012, 09:52
i'm guessing they would reconsider some WL'ers with the r4 decisions next week, or in the next couple of weeks afterwards. who knows though, this whole process is crazy. we will see i suppose.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2012, 14:00
any word on r4 interview invites?
Manager
Manager

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2012, 12:16
Any waitlisters enquired whether they are going to consider previous rounds WL for R4 decision date on tuesday, Apr 24? I wish they release the decisions a day earlier as it will help us decide whether to pay deposit at other admitted schools.
Manager
Manager

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 04:55
Any R4 applicants, did you hear on your decision as 04/24 is the deadline?
Intern
Intern

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 09:18
reach2bhush wrote:
Any R4 applicants, did you hear on your decision as 04/24 is the deadline?

Been reading posts for a while, decided to contribute.

On adcom blog it says they will come a week late (i think)

Im R3 WL (690 for those of you in same boat). Went back to posts from last year and it looked like most were let off WL late may thru early July. Although I have also heard they open it as early as 1st week of May. However, that could all mean nothing.
Manager
Manager

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 09:28
yea since they haven't really admitted any r1 or r2 waitlisters in r3 i am guessing they aren't reconsidering wl'ers with r4 and will probably just wait till after r4 deposit deadline to start making all of their wl decisions, but who knows. the admissions process seems like it's been not exactly by the book this year.

-fellow r3 wl'er
Intern
Intern
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 6

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2012, 12:31
Got a call for AMBA today from a private number ~1:00PM PST / 4:00EST.
Left a message to call back. I called back and was told:
- email with more info will be out when we hang up (so might be contingent upon calling back :) )
- website status might not be updated till tomorrow morning

Deposit deadline May 1.
Class starts May 7 but I won't hear back from other late round apps till after that.

GL all.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2012, 12:50
r4 applicant here. online application status changed to WL (w/o interview). no e-mail about status change.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 730 Q V

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2012, 06:53
I'd appreciate anyone's input here - I was waitlisted in R1 after interview, and I sent a couple of updates to the adcom (new projects at work, some new activities). I sent the first update at the beginning of February, and the second one in early March. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I (or anyone else in my situation) could do to stay on their "radar" and remind them that I'm still very interested, despite not really having anything new to report? I've already told them that they are my first choice, so without any significant updates, I'm not really sure what else to say. Part of me says just sit tight and don't nag them, but I don't want to appear like I don't care since I haven't sent them anything in almost 2 months. Would it be a waste of time, or even detrimental to my candidacy, to just send them an email reiterating my interest?
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.3

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 9

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2012, 07:07
HotFuzz wrote:
I'd appreciate anyone's input here - I was waitlisted in R1 after interview, and I sent a couple of updates to the adcom (new projects at work, some new activities). I sent the first update at the beginning of February, and the second one in early March. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I (or anyone else in my situation) could do to stay on their "radar" and remind them that I'm still very interested, despite not really having anything new to report? I've already told them that they are my first choice, so without any significant updates, I'm not really sure what else to say. Part of me says just sit tight and don't nag them, but I don't want to appear like I don't care since I haven't sent them anything in almost 2 months. Would it be a waste of time, or even detrimental to my candidacy, to just send them an email reiterating my interest?

I would send them another letter which reiterates not only your interest in coming to Cornell, but also restating the fact that they are your number one choice, and I think the key message to send them at this point is that should the accept you, you will come. For all Cornell knows, you may have made alternate plans already to attend a different program. My recommendation is to make it clear to them that if you're accepted, that you will go.
Intern
Intern

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2012, 07:13
HotFuzz wrote:

I actually read something on this topic yesterday (I believe it was in the tepper adcom thread on gmatclub, though I could be wrong). I think general consensus is that while you should make yourself stand out, you should also value their time. In other words, limit your correspondence to material subject matter. if you have said it before, you probably shouldn't say it again. That said, if you say you are going to do something, or are in the process of doing something and there is a change in said progress, you may want to go ahead. Personally, I have been approaching it like that, while always keeping brevity in mind.

I hope that helps.
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 25 Apr 2012, 07:13