Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 13:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2014, 04:38
TheKraken wrote:
LondonCity wrote:
LondonCity wrote:
Just received an invitation to interview :) so happy and quite nervous now!

Also, I am R3 applicant for 2 year MBA in ithaca

Did you get an email or did you have to check the application status?

Posted from my mobile device Image

Email
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2014, 04:38
Anyone got any interview tips for me? All the help you can offer would be great :)
Intern
Intern

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2014, 04:44
denoueixBR wrote:
LondonCity wrote:
LondonCity wrote:
Just received an invitation to interview :) so happy and quite nervous now!

Also, I am R3 applicant for 2 year MBA in ithaca

Hey London, Congratulations ! when will be your interview? Hope to receive such good news as well..

would you mind to share your profile?

I don't share my profile but I will say that I fit within the range of Cornell's stats. And obviously I'm from London.
Intern
Intern

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2014, 04:46
dthollow wrote:
I mentioned this in the waitlist thread but I received an invite as well about a week ago. Round 1 Waitlist, will be interviewing on Skype tomorrow.

Congratulations! Any advice on interview? Hope yours went well :)
Current Student
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.69
WE: Accounting (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 11

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2014, 08:47
Anyone know if the I-banking webinar today will be recorded and available later?
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
WE: Information Technology (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2014, 03:15
LondonCity wrote:
dthollow wrote:
I mentioned this in the waitlist thread but I received an invite as well about a week ago. Round 1 Waitlist, will be interviewing on Skype tomorrow.

Congratulations! Any advice on interview? Hope yours went well :)

You will most like be interviewing with Charli. The main takeaway from my interview was that the adcom are really interested in seeing that you have an idea of what you really want to do and know how Johnson can help you achieve it. You also have to show that you have taken the initiative to set this in motion. e.g. I was asked if I had been in contact with professionals in the industry I want to move to. I was also asked about the immersion I would be interested in(to which I replied I was interested in one but would be open to explore a customised one). The last question to me was "Do you have any message for the admissions team". This was a question that caught me off guard as I wasn't expecting it but I (think) I made a good case for myself.

It was a blind interview with Charli saying she only had my CV and comments made by someone else on my application!

Wish you the best!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2014, 07:50
Did anyone attend the webinar on Friday?
I was hoping to receive a follow-up email that was mentioned during the webinar with a link to sign up for the discounted $100 train the street training
Anyone receive any email about this?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2014, 12:24
illi wrote:
I was hoping to receive a follow-up email that was mentioned during the webinar with a link to sign up for the discounted $100 train the street training

Hi, I attended the webinar, but I also haven't received any email for the discount. Guess, that is only available to admitted students?
Current Student
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.69
WE: Accounting (Aerospace and Defense)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 11

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2014, 06:18
pharmaguy wrote:
illi wrote:

Hi, I attended the webinar, but I also haven't received any email for the discount. Guess, that is only available to admitted students?

Nope...don't think they sent anything to anyone yet.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2014, 07:05
Does anyone know where we can access a Johnson Academic Calendar for next year?
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 6

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2014, 07:35
Any other R3 applicants receive an interview invite?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2014, 07:37
Anyone wait-listed w/o interview in R2 who has received an interview invite?
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.49

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 24

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2014, 08:20
webster11 wrote:

I strongly believe that a few will go out in the next 4-5 days.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2014, 20:34
Tgt wrote:
webster11 wrote:

My application status changed to under review last Wednesday, so I think invite should come this week. Post this week I believe the chances will get a bit slim.
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.96
WE: Research (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 127

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2014, 21:28
aspire4mba wrote:
Tgt wrote:
webster11 wrote:

My application status changed to under review last Wednesday, so I think invite should come this week. Post this week I believe the chances will get a bit slim.

Given the R2 trend I will not lose hope till I get a NO from the college. there were candidates who got interview calls for R2 even after the R2 deadline...keep hope guys! it will workout..
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V34
WE: Analyst (Transportation)

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 158

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2014, 13:17
Any news from anybody yet?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2014, 15:27
TheKraken wrote:

Nothing so far. I thought that after London we would see some moves but it seems that I was wrong.

Anyway, R2 deposit deadline was yesterday so lets keep our fingers crossed. Good luck!
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 6

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2014, 12:03
denoueixBR wrote:
TheKraken wrote:

Nothing so far. I thought that after London we would see some moves but it seems that I was wrong.

Anyway, R2 deposit deadline was yesterday so lets keep our fingers crossed. Good luck!

I received an interview invite yesterday, it seems like there were more spots available so hopefully some others will be getting the invite soon
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2014, 12:20
webster11 wrote:

I received an interview invite yesterday, it seems like there were more spots available so hopefully some others will be getting the invite soon

Congratulations! May I ask when your profile showed "currently under review"? So how long since then, you received the interview invite? My profile just showed "currently under review" on past Monday.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 700 Q V

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 5

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2014, 12:12
Anyone planning on applying in the 'open period' (technically rolling admissions period)? Are my chances extremely low with Cornell by doing so?
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants   [#permalink] 09 Mar 2014, 12:12