Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 22:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
3 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V51
GPA: 3.7
WE: Sales (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [3] , given: 2

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2014, 12:48
This post received
KUDOS
In! got the call today.

i guess admitted students weekend is next week...quick turnaround to get to ithaca. pretty excited and a great way to end a friday
Chat Moderator
Schools: Johnson '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 200 [0], given: 57

Premium Member
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2014, 13:46
tylerhogge wrote:
In! got the call today.

i guess admitted students weekend is next week...quick turnaround to get to ithaca. pretty excited and a great way to end a friday

Congrats!

My Applicant Blog: http://hamm0.wordpress.com/

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2014, 14:06
tylerhogge wrote:
In! got the call today.

congrats, tyler! for sure a great way to start your weekend! i think that this is the first acceptance here after the R3 deadline.

When was your interview?
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2014, 14:34
denoueixBR wrote:
tylerhogge wrote:
In! got the call today.

congrats, tyler! for sure a great way to start your weekend! i think that this is the first acceptance here after the R3 deadline.

When was your interview?

interview was wednesday over skype. 2 days later, and the call came.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2014, 19:03
tylerhogge wrote:
denoueixBR wrote:
tylerhogge wrote:
In! got the call today.

When was your interview?

interview was wednesday over skype. 2 days later, and the call came.

Hey tylerhogge,

Are you a 1Yr or 2Yr applicant?
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2014, 19:15
i guess admitted students weekend is next week...quick turnaround to get to ithaca. pretty excited and a great way to end a friday[/quote]

When was your interview?[/quote]

interview was wednesday over skype. 2 days later, and the call came.[/quote]

Hey tylerhogge,

Are you a 1Yr or 2Yr applicant?[/quote]

2 year applicant, age 27, based in Boise, from SLC, leaving software sales mgmt.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2014, 05:17
is it possible to receive any news during the weekend?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2014, 06:31
Any one-year wait-listed candidates who received a call last week?
Expert Post
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 153

Kudos [?]: 1014 [0], given: 938

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2014, 22:43
Expert's post
Hello GMATCLUB Members,

GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting are conducting a webinar for the applicants got dinged this year. This is your opportunity to get expert guidance and build a smart strategy for the next application round/season. Webinar will be conducted by Admissionado's Founder and HBS Alum Jon Frank. Jon will share his suggestions followed by a Q&A session - this is your opportunity to ask your specific questions.

One lucky attendee will get the opportunity to have his/her (dinged) profile evaluated by Jon Frank during the session. If you'd like to be chosen for this opportunity, please email info@admissionado.com with the subject line "GMAT Club Webinar - Choose me!". Please include your name, nationality, age, GMAT score and a list of schools where you were dinged. And please also attach your essays + resume + LORs from one of your applications. Winner will be notified via email on April 16th!

Here are the details of Webinar

Title :- Dealing with a Ding
Day & Date :- Thursday, April 17, 2014
Time :- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT
NOTE :- There are only 100 spots available, so sign up early!

Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster!

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

All MBA Resources All 'Sticky' Topics at one place

Please share your profiles for this application season: 2015 Profiles w/ Admit/Dings Results!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Next Generation GMATClub CATS with Brilliant Analytics.

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [2] , given: 3

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2014, 07:31
This post received
KUDOS
In! received an e-mail yesterday and my status changed as well. my interview was on march 31, via skype
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

The Admissions Experience and Staying Inspired [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2014, 08:00
FROM Cornell Johnson Admissions Blog: The Admissions Experience and Staying Inspired
Inspiration is everywhere and I see it every day through the admissions process.  Take this time to reflect and let us know how we can help.  The application process can be incredibly introspective, so I hope you also find inspiration. 
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, General Management
Schools: Johnson '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.77
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2014, 04:51
So... I guess all the 1-year MBA students are either admitted or dinged. Anyone still in the 1-year admission process?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2014, 06:11
koteho wrote:
So... I guess all the 1-year MBA students are either admitted or dinged. Anyone still in the 1-year admission process?

Hi, there are a few candidates still in the wait-list. The chances of being admitted depends on whether someone who is admitted quits his place (think, that is rare so late in the game esp for the one-year MBA)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 4

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2014, 09:56
Hi guys, where is the best source of interview preparation materials, so late in the process you must have many to share.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, General Management
Schools: Johnson '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.77
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 5

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2014, 11:45
This post received
KUDOS
freegg123 wrote:
Hi guys, where is the best source of interview preparation materials, so late in the process you must have many to share.

Congratulations - are you invited for an interview? I found this forum to be quite a useful resource when preparing for my own interview. There are many youtube videos for "mba admissions interview", but looking at those videos only prepared me so much. Johnson interviews are quite different from those from other top business schools in that they are more conversational. For what it is worth, here's how my own interview was:

I had my interview at 3.15 PM, but had registered for class visits and student information sessions for the morning and the afternoon. So, I had already been hanging around campus for several hours before my interview. Before the interview, several interviewees and members of the admissions committee met for coffee at 3 PM. This acted as an ice-breaker for me, because I was able to introduce myself to my interviewer before the actual interview.
Once the interview started, the first question that was asked of me was to explain how the level of responsibility that I have been entrusted with has increased over the years. I tackled this question by stating that I started off as an individual contributor, but have progressed to lead small ad hoc teams on projects. The next follow up question asked for anything that went wrong while I was leading teams. This gave me an opportunity to tell about my failures and what I learned from those. I believe that Cornell puts special emphasis on these questions, and looks for clues to one's collaborative nature.

Eventually the discussion turned to Why MBA, Why now, Why Cornell! These answers should really be very personal, because everyone has their own reasons for pursuing an MBA.
But the main question that I was able to drive myself was how I can contribute to Cornell. In other words, I proactively addressed my unique selling points - my trilingual upbringing, my technical experience etc.

I also mentioned names of at least 7 Cornell people who I had met with prior to the interview. These ranged from current students to admissions committee members to alumni working in my ideal post-MBA position. I think Johnson values people who take a proactive role and reach out to the community.

Finally, I was asked about how I see my year shaping out - what clubs/activities/courses I plan to take. This was pretty straightforward.

I hope my experience helps you in reaching out to alumni/adcom members and informing that you are serious about getting into the school.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 4

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2014, 11:55
koteho wrote:
freegg123 wrote:

Congratulations - are you invited for an interview? I found this forum to be quite a useful resource when preparing for my own interview. There are many youtube videos for "mba admissions interview", but looking at those videos only prepared me so much. Johnson interviews are quite different from those from other top business schools in that they are more conversational. For what it is worth, here's how my own interview was:

I had my interview at 3.15 PM, but had registered for class visits and student information sessions for the morning and the afternoon. So, I had already been hanging around campus for several hours before my interview. Before the interview, several interviewees and members of the admissions committee met for coffee at 3 PM. This acted as an ice-breaker for me, because I was able to introduce myself to my interviewer before the actual interview.
Once the interview started, the first question that was asked of me was to explain how the level of responsibility that I have been entrusted with has increased over the years. I tackled this question by stating that I started off as an individual contributor, but have progressed to lead small ad hoc teams on projects. The next follow up question asked for anything that went wrong while I was leading teams. This gave me an opportunity to tell about my failures and what I learned from those. I believe that Cornell puts special emphasis on these questions, and looks for clues to one's collaborative nature.

Eventually the discussion turned to Why MBA, Why now, Why Cornell! These answers should really be very personal, because everyone has their own reasons for pursuing an MBA.
But the main question that I was able to drive myself was how I can contribute to Cornell. In other words, I proactively addressed my unique selling points - my trilingual upbringing, my technical experience etc.

I also mentioned names of at least 7 Cornell people who I had met with prior to the interview. These ranged from current students to admissions committee members to alumni working in my ideal post-MBA position. I think Johnson values people who take a proactive role and reach out to the community.

Finally, I was asked about how I see my year shaping out - what clubs/activities/courses I plan to take. This was pretty straightforward.

I hope my experience helps you in reaching out to alumni/adcom members and informing that you are serious about getting into the school.

top post. thanks!
5 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q V0
GPA: 3.45

Kudos [?]: 41 [5] , given: 46

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2014, 04:32
This post received
KUDOS
Turning down my offer (2 year program) at Johnson. Met some friendly people at DJ and hoping the best for all of you.

Especially hoping this frees up some space for a worthy WL'er and some funds (1/4 tuition) for a deserving applicant.

Best of luck in Ithaca!
Expert Post
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 153

Kudos [?]: 1014 [0], given: 938

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 06 May 2014, 08:40
Expert's post
Thank you everybody who attended the latest webinar jointly organized by GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting for the applicants got dinged this year.

For the members who could not attend this event, we have posted the webinar recording in the main post of this thread.

Check out this link for free ding analysis offer by Admissionado.

Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster!

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

All MBA Resources All 'Sticky' Topics at one place

Please share your profiles for this application season: 2015 Profiles w/ Admit/Dings Results!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Next Generation GMATClub CATS with Brilliant Analytics.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 07 May 2014, 12:47
Any activity here? Anyone from 'Rolling Admissions' round received interview invite?
Any wait listed w/o interview candidate receive an interview invite? or any wait listed w/ interview received a final call?
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Johnson - Class of 2016

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 56

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 07 May 2014, 13:04
mbathisyear wrote:
Any activity here? Anyone from 'Rolling Admissions' round received interview invite?
Any wait listed w/o interview candidate receive an interview invite? or any wait listed w/ interview received a final call?

I have a friend who applied on April 18th, interviewed on April 25th, and got in last Friday (May 2). Seems like they stick with their 2 week time frame between applying and decision day.
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants   [#permalink] 07 May 2014, 13:04