Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:05 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink]
neosumit wrote:
chdheeraj1 wrote:
Very Strange. No movement for Indian Applicants. I remember last year too, they put an awful lot of Indian applicants on waitlist

That is not very encouraging news for Indian applicants.
Has the number increased with every passing year - if yes, we are in a very very competitive pool.

What is the earliest elapsed time by which Internationals get invitation for interview?
Apologies but I didn't go through last year's thread to come to a conclusion.

I'm a reapplicant. Had applied to Cornell for the batch entering fall '12. I'd applied on the deadline date for R2 on Nov 30 2011 and received an interview invite on Jan 26 2012. Almost a 2 month wait. And on gmatclub, I was the first Indian applicant to receive an interview invite. So yeah, they review our applications a bit too late.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
zirconium wrote:

I'm a reapplicant. Had applied to Cornell for the batch entering fall '12. I'd applied on the deadline date for R2 on Nov 30 2011 and received an interview invite on Jan 26 2012. Almost a 2 month wait. And on gmatclub, I was the first Indian applicant to receive an interview invite. So yeah, they review our applications a bit too late.

Thanks and sorry to note that you were denied post an interview. Did you apply with the higher GMAT score?
I was admitted to Ross in 2012 but could not attend due to the closure of loan program for Internationals.
Was admitted to Olin as well with full ride but decided to give it a one more try.
Haven't applied to Ross this time though. After that ditch I am not so very keen to go there - I maybe wrong but just that I couldn't understand why they didn't disclose the information earlier.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
neosumit wrote:
zirconium wrote:

Thanks and sorry to note that you were denied post an interview. Did you apply with the higher GMAT score?
I was admitted to Ross in 2012 but could not attend due to the closure of loan program for Internationals.
Was admitted to Olin as well with full ride but decided to give it a one more try.
Haven't applied to Ross this time though. After that ditch I am not so very keen to go there - I maybe wrong but just that I couldn't understand why they didn't disclose the information earlier.

Ah! The closure of UMich Loan program for internationals hit us Indians hard eh! Sorry to hear about that man! Dontcha worry.. Chin up! If you could crack Ross back then, you can crack a top 15 school again!

I was waitlisted post interview at Cornell during that app cycle. I applied to Cornell now with a higher score, better profile and with a significant change in goals. So lets see what happens :)

I was admitted to Olin last year with a pretty good scholarship but decided to forego and try for top 15, since my post MBA goals have changed for good now.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Tuck '16 (A)
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
Send PM
Just got an interview invite!!! (i'm from China)

I see the invitation says the interview is better conducted within two weeks... but since I was on a business trip in the following two weeks... I would like to schedule an Skype interview around three weeks later... I don't know if that's a problem?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Johnson - Class of 2016
Send PM
Metallicaa wrote:

I see the invitation says the interview is better conducted within two weeks... but since I was on a business trip in the following two weeks... I would like to schedule an Skype interview around three weeks later... I don't know if that's a problem?

What happened to the contingent offer? Did you figure out if it was a mistake? Since it's still fairly early, I'm sure it will be fine to schedule 3 weeks. From what I can remember how the notification reads, I think they only want you to schedule your interview within two weeks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Tochenzo wrote:
Metallicaa wrote:

What happened to the contingent offer? Did you figure out if it was a mistake? Since it's still fairly early, I'm sure it will be fine to schedule 3 weeks. From what I can remember how the notification reads, I think they only want you to schedule your interview within two weeks.

Thanks buddy!
Well, I've asked the AO and he said the contingent offer was a clerical mistake... Anyway, it never affect my mood because I always believe in "if it belongs to you, it will come to you anyway!". So here I am with the interview invitation and prepare and pray for the best!

Love Johnson!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Do they send you an email notification for an interview invite or is it displayed in the application?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CMcAboy wrote:
Do they send you an email notification for an interview invite or is it displayed in the application?

Email notification. However, the status in your system does not change at all (still reads "under review")

I am so surprised that Cornell still send non-automatic email to interviewees...
It makes me like this school even more...!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Johnson - Class of 2016
Send PM
The system actaully updates and should add a note following "Under Review", stating something along the lines of "invited to interview" or "interview scheduled".
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Metallicaa wrote:
Tochenzo wrote:
Metallicaa wrote:

Thanks buddy!
Well, I've asked the AO and he said the contingent offer was a clerical mistake... Anyway, it never affect my mood because I always believe in "if it belongs to you, it will come to you anyway!". So here I am with the interview invitation and prepare and pray for the best!

Love Johnson!

Congrats on the invite! Hope you crack it! :)

Is Johnson your first choice?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Metallicaa wrote:

And with this, I think they've finally completed reviewing one of the two largest international applicant pools. Guess India is next.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
My Status just changed - " CURRENTLY UNDER REVIEW - WE PROCESSED YOUR APPLICATION AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS. MEMBERS OF THE ADMISSIONS TEAM WILL REVIEW YOUR APPLICATION. YOU WILL RECEIVE UPDATES REGARDING YOUR APPLICATION STATUS VIA EMAIL AND CHANGES TO YOUR APPLICATION STATUS. PLEASE CHECK FOR UPDATES PERIODICALLY" .... Fingers crossed
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats on the invite! Hope you crack it! :)

Is Johnson your first choice?[/quote]

Yeah, it is among my "first choice list"!
I mean, if Johnson could grant me the offer, i would go to Ithaca for sure!

Good luck, buddy!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
chdheeraj1 wrote:
My Status just changed - " CURRENTLY UNDER REVIEW - WE PROCESSED YOUR APPLICATION AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS. MEMBERS OF THE ADMISSIONS TEAM WILL REVIEW YOUR APPLICATION. YOU WILL RECEIVE UPDATES REGARDING YOUR APPLICATION STATUS VIA EMAIL AND CHANGES TO YOUR APPLICATION STATUS. PLEASE CHECK FOR UPDATES PERIODICALLY" .... Fingers crossed

I see that you had an admit from ISB. Is there a specific reason why you didn't take it up?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I deferred my admission till next year.my primary interest is to move to US capital markets. Got wait listed last year with Cornell. Am hoping for the best this year. I still remember Cornell R1 was awfully slow.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
chdheeraj1 wrote:
I deferred my admission till next year.my primary interest is to move to US capital markets. Got wait listed last year with Cornell. Am hoping for the best this year. I still remember Cornell R1 was awfully slow.

Posted from my mobile device

Yeah,

Also, this year, they have only 3 rounds and not 4. So they must've got a lot of applications in R1
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Hi guys,

I just checked my status and it says:

"Submitted Date: 10/2/2013 11:10:00 PM EST
INCOMPLETE - YOUR APPLICATION REMAINS INCOMPLETE AND WE CANNOT REVIEW YOUR APPLICATION UNTIL WE RECEIVE ALL OF THE REQUIRED MATERIALS. PLEASE REVIEW THE DETAILS REGARDING MISSING DOCUMENTS AND CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS."

I checked the status a couple of days ago and it just said "Submitted Date: 10/2/2013 11:10:00 PM EST".

Does anybody know how do I find out what part is incomplete?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  59   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts