Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 18:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 11 Oct 2013
Posts: 64
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2014, 23:01
jayakalyanteja wrote:
Were there any invites yesterday ? Or is it time to let the hopes rest in peace ?



Same thoughts here! I think it is over :(
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 03 Sep 2013
Posts: 76
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.55
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 3

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2014, 23:09
pharmaguy wrote:
jayakalyanteja wrote:
Were there any invites yesterday ? Or is it time to let the hopes rest in peace ?



Same thoughts here! I think it is over :(


Technically they can still send out interview invites on Wednesday.
But don't keep our faith into it. we should look for alternatives.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 11 Sep 2012
Posts: 91
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: Q V0
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 9

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2014, 17:13
Does anyone know about R3 at Johnson and how competitive it really is given that Johnson rounds are a fair bit earlier than those of other schools.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 11 Oct 2013
Posts: 64
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2014, 07:35
Any invites this morning?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Mar 2012
Posts: 26
Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, General Management
Schools: Johnson '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.77
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2014, 07:39
bschoolaspirant9 wrote:
Does anyone know about R3 at Johnson and how competitive it really is given that Johnson rounds are a fair bit earlier than those of other schools.

They used to have four rounds, which have now been reduced to three. That might increase the number of applicants in the pool. I personally know of some people who are specifically targeting round three.
7 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Sep 2013
Posts: 110
Location: United States
Concentration: Nonprofit, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 82 [7] , given: 48

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2014, 10:27
7
This post received
KUDOS
Kind of late with this, but the Johnson Facebook page posted a link to my blog last week! I was dumbfounded. I knew that there was a possibility that the schools could be reading my stuff (and the writing of all the other bloggers out there), but it was shocking to see real proof. My first thought was, "Is this somehow going to affect my admission?" My second thought was, "Did I write anything bad about Cornell on there????" haha.
Attachments

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 40.6 KiB | Viewed 1937 times ]


_________________

More thoughts at my blog: MBA the Nonprofit Way

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2012
Posts: 72
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q42 V41
GMAT 3: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.55
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 3

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2014, 12:07
Anyone think we could see calls tomorrow? Or do you think they'll hold out til decision day on weds??
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 03 Sep 2013
Posts: 76
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.55
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 3

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2014, 13:34
pharmaguy wrote:
Any invites this morning?


guess it's over.

Based on the following info, R2 application is very competitive. We don't have many spots.
R.I.P bros and sisters.
look for alternatives.

Last edited by gabriel1984 on 03 Feb 2014, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Jan 2013
Posts: 18
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GRE 1: 1400 Q800 V600
WE: Engineering (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 19

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2014, 16:47
jpd5044 wrote:
Anyone think we could see calls tomorrow? Or do you think they'll hold out til decision day on weds??


I had asked if they would call, and I was told it wouldn't happen till this week. Historically they have always called. So hopefully we should start to see some calls coming tomorrow - however with the new three round system at Johnson, I wonder if they may be rushing to meet the deadline, in which case we may just see an update online at 12pm Wednesday. From the discussion in R1, the first call started Tuesday after 1pm and there were a few that didn't get a call but found out by noon Wednesday that they were admitted.

Last edited by mbaentrepreneur on 03 Feb 2014, 17:31, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Jan 2013
Posts: 18
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GRE 1: 1400 Q800 V600
WE: Engineering (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 19

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2014, 16:57
mbamyway wrote:
Kind of late with this, but the Johnson Facebook page posted a link to my blog last week! I was dumbfounded. I knew that there was a possibility that the schools could be reading my stuff (and the writing of all the other bloggers out there), but it was shocking to see real proof. My first thought was, "Is this somehow going to affect my admission?" My second thought was, "Did I write anything bad about Cornell on there????" haha.


Well that definitely is proof that they are following whats being written. There is a good possibility that they found your blog off the discussion on here so they may be reading whats being posted on here.. Your profile wouldn't be too difficult to spot among their pool of applicants so they probably know who you are. I guess that is a good thing for you because you have shown that you are a good fit to the Johnson community through your blog. Overall I would say your chances are looking very good.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 20 Nov 2013
Posts: 20
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2014, 22:00
FROM Cornell Johnson Admissions Blog: Round 2…Turn on your phones!
Round 1 yield is high, Round 2 offers are about to get the call, and we are ready for Round 3! 
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

_________________

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 03 Sep 2013
Posts: 76
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.55
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 3

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2014, 22:11
"Round 1 yield is high, Round 2 offers are about to get the call, and we are ready for Round 3! "

Let's see how many R2 applicants will be admitted.
I love this school, but it's officially over now.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 17 Jul 2013
Posts: 87
Schools: Johnson '16 (M)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 16

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2014, 22:56
Guess I should officially stop hoping. GL to all those interviewed.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 17 Jul 2013
Posts: 14
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2014, 22:57
gabriel1984 wrote:
"Round 1 yield is high, Round 2 offers are about to get the call, and we are ready for Round 3! "

Let's see how many R2 applicants will be admitted.
I love this school, but it's officially over now.


Johnson are officially indicating through that blog that no more invites are due to be sent out in R2, and yet, as far as I know monitoring this forum, hardly any Indian R2 applicants (barring maybe 2-3 tops) from this forum got an invite. I know the Indian male applicant pool numbers are very high, and is a very competitive pool across all B-schools, yet some invites from this pool are always witnessed. This is the case with all of Johnson's other 'comparative' schools, be it Anderson, Darden, or Ross. But Johnson, has really, really surprised me...As far as I know, even Johnson's FB group of R1 admits has approx 10 Indian students (male and female), out of a total group of 80 people, which also include a significant chunk of current students! Perhaps this is a strategy Johnson is following intentionally, unless they have really sent out some Indian interview invites to people, none of which are on this forum. It will be really interesting to see what happens in the next 36 hours - I am already left surprised, but still, I wana believe that there will be some Indian R2 applicants from this forum who will be receiving invites, or WL w/o interview, I mean they can’t possible reject everyone from this pool, can they?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 03 Sep 2013
Posts: 76
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.55
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 3

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2014, 23:04
redkopite wrote:
gabriel1984 wrote:
"Round 1 yield is high, Round 2 offers are about to get the call, and we are ready for Round 3! "

Let's see how many R2 applicants will be admitted.
I love this school, but it's officially over now.


Johnson are officially indicating through that blog that no more invites are due to be sent out in R2, and yet, as far as I know monitoring this forum, hardly any Indian R2 applicants (barring maybe 2-3 tops) from this forum got an invite. I know the Indian male applicant pool numbers are very high, and is a very competitive pool across all B-schools, yet some invites from this pool are always witnessed. This is the case with all of Johnson's other 'comparative' schools, be it Anderson, Darden, or Ross. But Johnson, has really, really surprised me...As far as I know, even Johnson's FB group of R1 admits has approx 10 Indian students (male and female), out of a total group of 80 people, which also include a significant chunk of current students! Perhaps this is a strategy Johnson is following intentionally, unless they have really sent out some Indian interview invites to people, none of which are on this forum. It will be really interesting to see what happens in the next 36 hours - I am already left surprised, but still, I wana believe that there will be some Indian R2 applicants from this forum who will be receiving invites, or WL w/o interview, I mean they can’t possible reject everyone from this pool, can they?


I agree with you.
But given the yield of R1, I believe Waitlist is equal to a ding.
And we have not heard any interview invites since this week.

Life will go on. I'm satisfied with Kenan-Flagler.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 17 Jul 2013
Posts: 14
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2014, 23:13
1
This post received
KUDOS
gabriel1984 wrote:
redkopite wrote:
gabriel1984 wrote:
"Round 1 yield is high, Round 2 offers are about to get the call, and we are ready for Round 3! "

Let's see how many R2 applicants will be admitted.
I love this school, but it's officially over now.


Johnson are officially indicating through that blog that no more invites are due to be sent out in R2, and yet, as far as I know monitoring this forum, hardly any Indian R2 applicants (barring maybe 2-3 tops) from this forum got an invite. I know the Indian male applicant pool numbers are very high, and is a very competitive pool across all B-schools, yet some invites from this pool are always witnessed. This is the case with all of Johnson's other 'comparative' schools, be it Anderson, Darden, or Ross. But Johnson, has really, really surprised me...As far as I know, even Johnson's FB group of R1 admits has approx 10 Indian students (male and female), out of a total group of 80 people, which also include a significant chunk of current students! Perhaps this is a strategy Johnson is following intentionally, unless they have really sent out some Indian interview invites to people, none of which are on this forum. It will be really interesting to see what happens in the next 36 hours - I am already left surprised, but still, I wana believe that there will be some Indian R2 applicants from this forum who will be receiving invites, or WL w/o interview, I mean they can’t possible reject everyone from this pool, can they?


I agree with you.
But given the yield of R1, I believe Waitlist is equal to a ding.
And we have not heard any interview invites since this week.

Already changed my status to ding w/o interview though. :-D
Life will go on. I'm satisfied with Kenan-Flagler.


The 'high yield' of R1 at this point, doesnt mean much. There are so many people who would have paid the USD 1,500 deposit, while still waiting for decisions from other schools, and eventually not end up going to Johnson. This is expected given the extremely early dates Johnson applied for admitted students to submit their initial deposits. This is the debate which occured on the FB group of Cornell admitted students, many of whom have submitted their deposits, but are still awaiting decisions from other schools. It is something that people can even see of in the profiles of students from this forum who got admitted in Johnson in R1, many of whom also have admits to other colleges as well. I dont know what Johnson will do - perhaps adopt a Stern like approach and W/L everyone and interview them later? I dont know - but im really surprised and confused.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Status: General Manager, Marketing & Sales
Joined: 12 Aug 2012
Posts: 26
Location: India
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE: Marketing (Transportation)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 25

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 02:41
Hey guys now that chances at Johnson are almost officially over (aka 99.99% over), just wanted to know whether tomorrow Johnson cornell would be posting their decisions for waitlisted candidates, and dings on the applyyourself.com dashboard or through emails?

Thanks and Regards
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Nov 2011
Posts: 111
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 9

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 02:47
1
This post received
KUDOS
shimarstar wrote:
Hey guys now that chances at Johnson are almost officially over (aka 99.99% over), just wanted to know whether tomorrow Johnson cornell would be posting their decisions for waitlisted candidates, and dings on the applyyourself.com dashboard or through emails?

Thanks and Regards


You'll get an email saying that the status has been updated on the applyyourself portal. So yeah, both.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Oct 2010
Posts: 8
Schools: HBS '14, CBS '14, LBS '16
GMAT Date: 11-09-2011
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 03:23
Do any of R1 applicants have idea when calls start to going out?
Chat Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2011
Posts: 518
Schools: Johnson '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 200 [0], given: 57

Premium Member
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 03:51
hbsorcbs wrote:
Do any of R1 applicants have idea when calls start to going out?


If memory serves me correctly, they started around 14:00 EST.

You can dig back through the thread to double-check, but I'm pretty sure that is how R1 went.

Good luck everyone! Excited to meet some future classmates this afternoon :gl
_________________

My Applicant Blog: http://hamm0.wordpress.com/

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants   [#permalink] 04 Feb 2014, 03:51
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
10 Experts publish their posts in the topic Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants aceacharya 99 18 Jun 2014, 12:04
30 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling waitlisted applicants-Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2016 suhas1234 157 11 Dec 2013, 09:51
91 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! ariel 1420 05 Aug 2010, 23:37
40 Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! Raabend 1421 21 May 2009, 06:16
46 Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! solaris1 1424 15 Jul 2008, 16:24
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  39   40   41   42   43   44   45  ...  58    Next  [ 1160 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.