Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 16:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Johnson vs Tepper vs Mendoza

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Which school should I attend?

• 34% [9]
  • 15% [4]
  • 50% [13]
TAGS:
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 6

Johnson vs Tepper vs Mendoza [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2014, 14:32
I was admitted to Johnson, Tepper, and Mendoza (with 80% scholarship). Post MBA goals are entrepreneurship but also considering consulting. Looking to stay in the east, likely DC

Also, I am on the waitlist at Ross and Fuqua. Should I remain on the waitlist for both schools? I did my undergrad at Michigan and although I loved it I am leaning towards a different school for MBA

Which school should I choose?

Thanks!
Current Student

Re: Johnson vs Tepper vs Mendoza [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2014, 09:51
Any thoughts? I should add that I am originally from Pittsburgh so there is a slight location advantage for Tepper
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 7

Re: Johnson vs Tepper vs Mendoza [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2014, 11:32
I vote for Mendoza. $80K is nothing to sneeze at, and the employment report for Mendoza is strong.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V44
GPA: 3.13
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Johnson vs Tepper vs Mendoza [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2014, 11:53
I think if you want to stay near Norte Dame (Chicago, Indiana, etc.) then Mendoza is the right choice, but here in NY I don't see many people with a Mendoza MBA. After being accepted at both Tepper and Johnson I talked to as many students as possible, and for me I felt my obvious fit is Johnson. Maybe you should try to make it to all the welcome weekends...
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Johnson vs Tepper vs Mendoza [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2014, 12:09
I'd probably get off the Ross waitlist since you're not interested in going back to the same school where you did undergrad and allow that spot for someone else.

Between Cornell and CMU, Cornell is the stronger school and the head of Bain's Pittsburgh office is a Johnson alumnus as well.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 2

Re: Johnson vs Tepper vs Mendoza [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2014, 00:32
Congratulations on getting admits from Johnson,Tepper and Mendoza. If you want to become an entrepreneur, saving money by going to Mendoza makes sense, but Mendoza does not offer a good program for entrepreneurship. Tepper would definitely be the better school for entrepreneurship. All three schools have high percentage of candidates getting into consulting with Tepper having the highest percentage. Among the three schools, i would suggest you to go to Tepper.

Good Luck!
www.interviewbay.com
Current Student

Re: Johnson vs Tepper vs Mendoza [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2014, 10:47
InterviewBay2 wrote:
Congratulations on getting admits from Johnson,Tepper and Mendoza. If you want to become an entrepreneur, saving money by going to Mendoza makes sense, but Mendoza does not offer a good program for entrepreneurship. Tepper would definitely be the better school for entrepreneurship. All three schools have high percentage of candidates getting into consulting with Tepper having the highest percentage. Among the three schools, i would suggest you to go to Tepper.

Good Luck!
http://www.interviewbay.com

Thanks for the advice everyone. I decided to eliminate Notre Dame as their deposit deadline has passed. While the money would have been awesome I decided that the resources for entrepreneurship at CMU and Cornell were greater, and if I end up in consulting the higher expected salaries will ultimately make up the difference.

Any thoughts on Cornell vs Tepper? It seems to me that Tepper has slightly better resources for entrepreneurship but may be more specialized on tech/quant.
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 221 [0], given: 54

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Johnson vs Tepper vs Mendoza [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2014, 19:34
Expert's post
Check out this thread, very similar discussion going on:

tough-call-167712.html
Re: Johnson vs Tepper vs Mendoza   [#permalink] 04 Apr 2014, 19:34