Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:37 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72867 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
That's great work!

I will be sorry to see you leave though.

It is sort of sad as people leave.
Thanks a bunch for posting the feedback. It is great to have the latest news from the Room.

49 is good on quant :-D
I also thought I was failing; esp since I had to guess one and after that I got a pathetically easy question (or so i thought)

Thanks for confirming my choice of the Math Workbook :wink:

Good luck with the essays,
Come back if we can be of any help,
Bogdan.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Bogdan.

I must say this site has been invaluable to me, both in terms of sample questions and moral support. The board has acted like a 24/7 surrogate study partner, and I truly appreciate the efforts of you and your crew.

I'll be sure to come back and visit often, contributing as much as I can, and I'll post an update when I get my AWA scores back.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
kdog3490 wrote:
Thanks Bogdan.

I must say this site has been invaluable to me, both in terms of sample questions and moral support. The board has acted like a 24/7 surrogate study partner, and I truly appreciate the efforts of you and your crew.

I'll be sure to come back and visit often, contributing as much as I can, and I'll post an update when I get my AWA scores back.

Great!

I guess then I will see you Later,
BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I just received my official score in the mail today. Scored a 5.5 on the AWA! :-D I spent about 2 - 3 days preparing for it, and I wrote a few sample essays leading up to the test to get in the mindset - I never did the essays during any of my practise tests. If you're a good writer, I wouldn't worry too much about the AWA. Personally, I found the book 'GMAT CAT Answers to Real Essay Questions' fairly helpful, as it provided some good ideas for the Issue section (it contains 200 essays in total).
Founder
Founder
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
kdog3490 wrote:
I just received my official score in the mail today. Scored a 5.5 on the AWA! :-D I spent about 2 - 3 days preparing for it, and I wrote a few sample essays leading up to the test to get in the mindset - I never did the essays during any of my practise tests. If you're a good writer, I wouldn't worry too much about the AWA. Personally, I found the book 'GMAT CAT Answers to Real Essay Questions' fairly helpful, as it provided some good ideas for the Issue section (it contains 200 essays in total).

You're back!

That's impressive. you Kept your promise :cool

yeah, i did not study for the AWA much either. I got 5.0 - which is though close to teh top, is still only 79th percentile :roll:

My mistake was trying to write an essay wihtout planning it out, so I screwed the first one up.

Did you do a model?
That's what I did - just came up wiht a model to fill in; a few key sentences, and the structure....

-=
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Templates are the key for the Argument Issue, definitely. I actually finished that one with 10 minutes to spare, because the logical flaws in the statement were very obvious.

The reason I recommended the book previously was for the Issue section. In practice, I would read some of the statements and waste 15 mins. thinking about what to write and how to structure my response. Reading other essays provides alternative arguments (and counter-arguments) to easily build some content into your writing. That said, once you finish a few essays in practice, you should be ready to rock and roll!
:musband
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts