Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:33 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 496 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management
Schools:St. Gallen '09
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Re: Judge 2008 Applicants [#permalink]
robinantony wrote:
I got an invite as well. Not sure if I will travel. Are you?

If you want the Cambridge MBA, you will want to make the trip to Cambridge for the interview. If you don't, you will appear as not having a firm desire to the program and they will more than likely ding you. They are highly selective and want to interview everyone in person.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
thanks for the info. I am trying to get my visa but it is getting delayed. I think their representatives go around the world to conduct interviews. I am thinking of that option. Are you a student at cambridge?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management
Schools:St. Gallen '09
 Q47  V40
Send PM
robinantony wrote:
thanks for the info. I am trying to get my visa but it is getting delayed. I think their representatives go around the world to conduct interviews. I am thinking of that option. Are you a student at cambridge?

I'm not a student, but I was considering Cambridge for an MBA. I did a lot of research on the program and also visited JBS for a tour. I have never heard of them conducting interviews anywhere but at the school, as professors are the primary interviewers. I have heard of a couple cases of telephonic interviews, and in only cases like you describe, i.e. visa problems, etc.

If it is of any interest, I am not considering Cambridge anymore, because I don't believe they have a solid finance reputation and investment banking "pull." It is a great program in my opinion, but just not a good fit for my career goals. However, I believe over the next 5-10 years, they will have a much better finance reputation b/c they are getting money from the Rothschild family to improve their curriculum and faculty.

Hope this helps.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 368 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Oxford
 Q49  V42
Send PM
It seems rather strange that so few people here consider Cambridge option – especially in view of a noticeable interest in other UK programs of comparable level, such as Oxford or Cranfield.

Is Cambridge MBA so specific? Or is it so hard to get into? Or has it bad value-for-money ratio? Or it's just a 'school inner culture issue'?.. I understand from the previous post that Cambridge might not be so good a choice for IB – but still, it’s a solid GM program. Or is it?

I’d really appreciate if somebody can post his/her opinion on this program. As for now, it looks as the most mysterious MBA to me – among other top-UK programs, of course. So please, enlighten me :) :idea:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
I would stick with LBS or LSE.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 234 [0]
Schools:St Gallen, Cambridge, HEC Montreal
 Q48  V39
Send PM
perfectexamscore wrote:
I would stick with LBS or LSE.

LSE does not have an MBA: https://lfylive.lse.ac.uk/lfy/tc/enquir ... archString
But it has Masters in management.

They are part of the trium alliance that provide an eMBA though.
GMAT Club Bot