Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 20:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Jumping into the UW-Madison ring, here's why...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Jumping into the UW-Madison ring, here's why... [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2007, 09:11
I think I blew this school off initial as a result of rank. This was foolish. I looked at their website for their secuties analysis program last night as a result of a mention from those at my company. It is great and has recruiting equal to or better than any school outside of say MIT, Chicago, or Warton for Investment Management. Aside from that they have great financial aid for those who have the stats... which I definately do relative to their mean... And even better $45 application fee!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2007, 10:31
Regardless of the rankings, Wisconsin is a legit school. I spoke with them more than any school initially. I was all set to apply but at the last minute I decided not to. Looking back I wish I would have applied there. They do require 3 recs though - which was a huge deterrent for me.
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2007, 11:58
Working for a company with major ties and leverage with the applied securities group so I definately should apply. I filed out all the basic app stuff just now. I have a large recommender base from my company some with some very serious titles. I can also write essays in the blink of an eye. I can have the whole thing completed by week end. I also emailed the director of the applied securities analysis division with some questions. They seem very responsive, I am sure he will get back to me. He really wants to see CFA Level 1 at least on entry... I passed in June and am going for L2 this June. I work in brokerage currently... as I told the director of securites analysis... CFA gives you conceptual foundation and is valuable in that regard, but one really needs the hands on experience if they are not an analyst already. The building of computer models for analysis and so on. You would never get this at a school like Dartmouth as it is a gen managment program even if it is a stellar school. For such reasons I am starting to fall for Wisconsin.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2007, 13:27
I also wondered why this school didn't get a whole lot of love around here...

I was tempted to apply due to their great brand management program. It seems like their placement in that category rivals some marketing elites, like Kellogg and Michigan..
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2007, 15:43
I've also fallen victim to Wisconsin's ranking. I've been interested in the school for a while now because of its real estate specialization. One interesting thing about the full-time MBA program is the class size, ~120 students.

I'm waiting for my R2 UNC decision before I submit an application. If I'm waitisted or denied, I'll likely apply to Wisconsin for the 2/28 deadline.
SVP
SVP
Schools: The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 178 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2007, 16:42
I don't know anything about their business school, but Madison is a great town.

And of course WI is just fabulous.
  [#permalink] 27 Jan 2007, 16:42