Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 20:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

JUNE 3- A catastrophe @ GMAT-570 Q-44; V-22

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Schools: INSEAD - dinged; IE-admit; ISB - admit; IIMB-admit; SPJain- admit; IIM C- Admit, IIM A - Dinged after interview. Finally joining IIM B
WE 1: 3
WE 2: 2
WE 3: 2
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 9

JUNE 3- A catastrophe @ GMAT-570 Q-44; V-22 [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2010, 09:14
Guys.
I am shot down today..and surprisingly in wat I considered my strength. Verbal in all my prac tests was my strengths. GMAT prep 1- 40; Kaplan free 33; powerscore1-38.

here i may need to admit that, i was under tremendous time pressure in the verbal section and question after question baffled me. Although, i did fairly well , even in the gmat club tests.

I did a fair amt of practice for verbal, from GMAT club, aspirant hunt , which has original guide questions.

But i must also admit, i never bought any OG/Kaplan test or any other such material, rated highly. But i was satisfied with the way my tests were going, the brutal SC and RC , although not cake walk, were mangeable. 22 was certainly not on cards :cry: :cry:
I sit clueless on my desk and wait for some winning strategies from some of the GMAT destroyers like you.

I have around 45 days in hand before I can apply to some of the B schools , I target for admission this year.

A comprehensive approach will be greatly appreciated. Bunuel, chineseburned and other such studs, kindly extend your support.

ASHISH DONGRE
BE KIND & GENEROUS TO SHARE THE KUDOS...THE MORE YOUR GIVE THE MORE YOU GET

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: JUNE 3- A catastrophe @ GMAT-570 Q-44; V-22 [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2010, 09:17
OG trumps all other material you have combined. Skipping OG was a big mistake since that is what most resembles the test. Get the OG, and MGMAT SC and try again when you are ready.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: JUNE 3- A catastrophe @ GMAT-570 Q-44; V-22 [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2010, 10:14
meghash3 wrote:
Guys.
I am shot down today..and surprisingly in wat I considered my strength. Verbal in all my prac tests was my strengths. GMAT prep 1- 40; Kaplan free 33; powerscore1-38.

here i may need to admit that, i was under tremendous time pressure in the verbal section and question after question baffled me. Although, i did fairly well , even in the gmat club tests.

I did a fair amt of practice for verbal, from GMAT club, aspirant hunt , which has original guide questions.

But i must also admit, i never bought any OG/Kaplan test or any other such material, rated highly. But i was satisfied with the way my tests were going, the brutal SC and RC , although not cake walk, were mangeable. 22 was certainly not on cards :cry: :cry:
I sit clueless on my desk and wait for some winning strategies from some of the GMAT destroyers like you.

I have around 45 days in hand before I can apply to some of the B schools , I target for admission this year.

A comprehensive approach will be greatly appreciated. Bunuel, chineseburned and other such studs, kindly extend your support.

Hey meghash3,

Surprisingly you ignored OG and GMATPrep(I think you left it unused GMATPrep2)!!

OG is the most sacred book for GMAT, after that only MGMAT SC and PowerScore CR Bible comes.

ATB !
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 214 [0], given: 6

Re: JUNE 3- A catastrophe @ GMAT-570 Q-44; V-22 [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2010, 11:05
hey meghash3, you should not loose your heart as 45 days is a fair amount of time to focus on OG and gmatprep.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 52

Reviews Badge
Re: JUNE 3- A catastrophe @ GMAT-570 Q-44; V-22 [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2010, 11:45
yeah it is unfortunate you didnt use the MGMAT or OG. well you still have time for a "final test". since R1 ends ~sept/oct i suggest doing another test in 2 months. Just do all the application except the "fill in gmat score" part and once you get it just put the new and improved score in. you might still need a bit of work on quant if you want 700ish though but i would probably go 80% on verbal and 20 on quant. verbal is gonna be a "do over" while quant should be more error log review..

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

Manager
Manager
Schools: INSEAD - dinged; IE-admit; ISB - admit; IIMB-admit; SPJain- admit; IIM C- Admit, IIM A - Dinged after interview. Finally joining IIM B
WE 1: 3
WE 2: 2
WE 3: 2
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 9

Re: JUNE 3- A catastrophe @ GMAT-570 Q-44; V-22 [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2010, 20:37
Thanks!!! Guys.

That i had a missing link in preps, helps me where to focus.
so to summarize
Must do ?
1) MGMAT
2) OG 11/12

Kaplan series test/princeton series- Optional ? must do?

Wat material should i refer for specific practice of CR and SC- or above material will suffice.

ASHISH DONGRE
BE KIND & GENEROUS TO SHARE THE KUDOS...THE MORE YOUR GIVE THE MORE YOU GET

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 52

Reviews Badge
Re: JUNE 3- A catastrophe @ GMAT-570 Q-44; V-22 [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2010, 20:57
I would do MGMAT verbal first. All the questions referenced in MGMAT are from OG so if you do MGMAT first you will save some time in doing OG later.

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

Re: JUNE 3- A catastrophe @ GMAT-570 Q-44; V-22   [#permalink] 04 Jun 2010, 20:57