Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 13:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Just a Question About Scoring

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 0

Just a Question About Scoring [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2005, 10:54
I was wondering for everyone who had scored a 700+, apporoximately how many wrong questions were you allowed to still able to achieve that score? thanks
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2005, 12:46
I dunno. In fact, nobody knows on the real thing - you never get to see which questions you got correct or incorrect. Even on practice tests, when you can see which ones you got wrong, it's hard to determine. The tests are a combination of real and experimental questions. You can have a lot wrong, but if these incorrect questions are experimental, then you still could score well. Also, if you are getting the more difficult questions wrong, then you will score better than someone who is getting the easier problems wrong. Your score will be base not so much on number of questions you get wrong or right than the types of problems you answer correctly (easy to hard).

Christopher Wilson

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2005, 10:15
I mean did you feel that you were getting alot wrong but still ended up with a 700+?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2005, 11:52
No, not really. I thought I was doing very well in both sections (ended up with a 710). In fact, I thought I didn't get a single math problem wrong until the last one potentially (I has to guess on that one). However, I obviously got a few wrong since my quant score was 48.

The first time I took the test, I thought I was doing well, but I got a 610. If you read many of the posts in this forum you will find countless test-takers who think they are doing horribly, but come out with a 700+ score.

The moral is that there is really no way of knowing how well you did until you see what you scored. Unless, you find yourself guessing blindly on lots of questions, you might be apt to score not as well. Then again, those questions could be experimental and have no bearing on your overall score.

Christopher Wilson

[#permalink] 04 Nov 2005, 11:52