Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 06:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Just as the various languages contributing to English

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Just as the various languages contributing to English [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2006, 23:21
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

5% (low)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
Just as the various languages contributing to English broaden and enrich its expensive range with words as diverse as the Arabic simoon, the Greek zephyr; and the Native American chinook, so the many musical traditions coexisting in US culture create unlimited possibilities for the fusion of musical styles.

A.
B. similarly, the coexistence of many musical traditions in US culture create unlimited possibilities in the fusing of musical styles.
C. the many musical traditions coexisting in US culture are creating unlimited possibilities in the musical styles' fusion.
D. in the same way, possibilities for the fusion of musical styles are unlimited, owing to the many musical traditions that coexist in US culture
E. so it is US culture, where the many coexistent musical traditions make it possible that unlimited fusion of musical styles may be created.

Success is my only option, failure is not -- Eminem

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2006, 23:31
A - for me

Just as ... so or just as ... so too - is the idiomatic usage

B, C and D do not follow this pattern, hence - out -

E - is making incorrect comparison. In addition, the "where" should refer to a location - in this case it is referring to US culture, therefore - out
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2006, 23:32
OA is A..

For some reason, i thought Just as... similarly was idiomatic.. arghhh. i hate it..

Success is my only option, failure is not -- Eminem

CEO
CEO
Schools: Completed at SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - Class of 2008
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2006, 00:53
vivek123 wrote:
"A" is the best!

Idiom: "just as ...so"

A it is.

Wanted to add: Correct idiom is "possibilities for"

SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - MBA CLASS OF 2008

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

idiom [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2006, 02:12
i have recently joined the forum - must say this is an excellent place to hang around. This one particularly interested me as this is a prob from either Kaplan/ PR - I messed this one a couple of days earlier when i attempted it. Astonishingly, just 'cos i now know a few idioms, it looks so simple!
idiom   [#permalink] 20 Jan 2006, 02:12