Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 18:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Just did my GMAT- Score 630-take test again?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Just did my GMAT- Score 630-take test again? [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2007, 22:42
hey Friends.....

I completed my GMAT test last nite... And got 630 score..Q:48 V: 28..was really really disappointed with my score... I was consistently getting above 660 in my GMAT prep..and my verbal score was never less than 34... I dunno why this happened... 28 in verbal was really shocking for me...

But u know what was interesting is that all the 6 people who took the exam in the same slot as mine had the unanimous view that the verbal part was really tough... really way above OG standard...and the best( or worst part) was that all of them landed with nealry the same scores in verbal... 29, 28, 19, 24... The overall scores af these people ranged from 590 to 640...

Is this a coincidence or is it that,I was unlucky enough to be a given a pool of tough verbal Qustions on that particular day?

I really dont know...

Anywaay ,I need ur advice on whether I should take the test again...

well I am from the government sector and am applyign for B schools that offer a degree in "PUblic policy"( Harvard, Maxwell etc...)

Do u think these top shcolls will let me set my foot in them with a score of 630?Pl advice....
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2007, 03:11
there is more to an application than just the GMAT, so im not sure anyone can give you a meaningful answer.
but a 630 will definitely not help your chances at HBS, esp with a 28 verbal.

if i were you, i would take it again if i felt that i could raise that verbal score a few points...
Intern
Intern

got 5.5 AWA [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2007, 07:54
hey Cookie monster, Got a 5.5 score in AWA... Do you think my chnaces are slightly better now.. considering my low verbal score in GMAT? Or do you think there is no relation?
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2007, 21:08
Asking"my AWA score was xyz... will this help my application?" is like asking "I have 11 toes... will this make me unique enough for admission?"

Kidding, of course... but really... AWA scores mean nothing when you're applying to schools like HBS. 8-)
VP
VP
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 108 [0], given: 0

Re: Just did my GMAT- Score 630-take test again? [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2007, 10:32
dipsarc wrote:
hey Friends.....

I completed my GMAT test last nite... And got 630 score..Q:48 V: 28..was really really disappointed with my score... I was consistently getting above 660 in my GMAT prep..and my verbal score was never less than 34... I dunno why this happened... 28 in verbal was really shocking for me...

But u know what was interesting is that all the 6 people who took the exam in the same slot as mine had the unanimous view that the verbal part was really tough... really way above OG standard...and the best( or worst part) was that all of them landed with nealry the same scores in verbal... 29, 28, 19, 24... The overall scores af these people ranged from 590 to 640...

Is this a coincidence or is it that,I was unlucky enough to be a given a pool of tough verbal Qustions on that particular day?

I really dont know...

Anywaay ,I need ur advice on whether I should take the test again...

well I am from the government sector and am applyign for B schools that offer a degree in "PUblic policy"( Harvard, Maxwell etc...)

Do u think these top shcolls will let me set my foot in them with a score of 630?Pl advice....

To make you feel any better, I received similar score on verbal today in GMAT. I am very disappointed as I never score so low in practice exams. I consistently score 35 above in the practice exams. I felt the it was tough as well and I almost cried.

I just registered to take it again a month from now.
Re: Just did my GMAT- Score 630-take test again?   [#permalink] 11 Aug 2007, 10:32