Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:23 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 146 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 769 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Oh my we are having quite a ride in the club lately it looks like. ;) Congratulations!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yeah dude...DAM*! But I'm not surprised...I can't say I have ever seen such high Kaplan scores! Good job man!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 344 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
That's a huge score. Congrats for this inspiring success !
It is the first time I witness a 51 in verbal ! :pray:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks all [#permalink]
Thank you all very much for the good wishes. It's particularly nice to get replies from Paul and Honghu, both of whom have been incredibly helpful to us all with so many great posts. But I also don't want to single out individuals as so many people contribute here. The great thing about forums like this is that we all share in the success of each other. I truly could not have achieved this alone.

I can't help but wonder which questions I got wrong now. No doubt they were some of the easier ones :lol: . I always seem to get the easiest ones wrong because I don't read the question or something!!

BTW. Congratulations on your fantastic score HongHu. I certainly don't want to "steal your thunder", as I think for you being a non native english speaker, your score is unbelievable.

Slightly off topic, but I was originally just going to apply to a business school here in Oregon (U of O) where I'm currently living. However it's not a great school in terms of rankings. Do you think my GMAT score would help me get into a better school? My undergraduate GPA is not great. Probably around 3.0 :oops: (I was a very lazy student 12 years ago), and I've always thought that would stop me getting into a good school.

Thoughts?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Boyd any questions about your "academic deficiencies" are clubbered by your phenomenal GMAT score....and besides 12 years is a long time to remove yourself from those grades...personally i think the GMAT score will speak volumes to your academic ability! GO FOR IT MAN!!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Greenandwise, your confidence has given me a boost [#permalink]
Thanks for the encouragement.

Damn. Life was so simple and uncomplicated when I didn't have any options!!!!

I have some thinking to do.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 285 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats Boyd...... U have done it.....

Both U and Hong hu have an excellent score. Hats off to both of you.

Keep it up and best of luck with your applications.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Message for CrackGMAT750 [#permalink]
First of all, thanks for your comments. I just wanted to say that I agree with you 100% and hope I didn't belittle the GMAT exam in my earlier mail. Maybe in my post-test-euphoria, I overdid it a little :-D

That being said, I was genuinely surprised during the test. Maybe a lot had to do with the fact that some of the questions on this forum, and in Kaplan weren't so much difficult to solve, as difficult to understand for me. The official GMAT questions, while difficult, are very well written, and for me personally, that made a big difference.

I also want to be stressr that I did work hard for the test. Ironicall, the U of O, only requires 600 minimum GMAT, so several friends of mine couldn't understand why I took a month to study for the test, but I found the GMAT a really important confidence booster after so many years out of college. It was a means for me to proove to myself that I have what it takes.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Boyd:
I don't have any words to describe your success. I've seen only once in some other forum, when someone else scored 790. OOOOOOOOOH!!
The score of 51 in Verbal is simply phenomenal and the underlining fact is that you had 18 minutes left in the exam.
Just hats off to you. I would strongly advise you to go for the top notch universities.

Aryan.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Oh boy, what is going on.... last week 780 and this week 790.

Congratulations!!! and good luck with your admissions.

You may post your question regarding admissions, in Accepted.com sub-forum on this site.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1472 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Amazing ... I think you must be really smart, sharp to achieve a 790.

Your Kaplan scores make me dizzy.
All the best. I think you should aim for top ten schools - It rains a lot in Oregon anyway :-D
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 198 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Just an awesome score 790!, only in dreams for me I guess, specially 51 in verbal, u shud teach us how to crack GMAT verbal, I am just speachless ! Congrats
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Boyd,

Before starting your MBA, if you want to open a coaching class for GMAT, I will fly to Oregon to attend it.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Oh! Boy! - sorry Boyd!. Where did the 10 go? Write to ETS and I think you'll get the remaining 10 points.

I think you should party like hell. I never knew such near perfect scores were even possible.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
congratulations Boyd......Good luck with your applications... You should apply to a better school.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
This is an amazing score Boyd..... vowwwww!!!!!!!!! and in a months time.
Enjoy and have fun..............
Intern
Intern
Send PM
To answer some questions: [#permalink]
Well the consensus seems to be to apply for a better school, so it sounds like that may be a sensible course of action for me.

A few people asked about my background. I did my undergraduate degree in the New Zealand in, of all things, Agricultural Science. But since graduating in 1993 have done a little of everything. My last job, which I just left, was as a Logistics Manager for a small importing company here in Oregon. Prior to that I worked for Compaq in the UK as a Business Analyst, and Nokia in Spain as a Project Manager. My work experience is pretty irregular as during my 20's I used every opportunity I could to see the world, by working and traveling. As a result I spent almost 4 out of the last 12 years, backpacking my way through more than 100 different countries. Great experience, but not what many employers are looking for :lol:

I'm also a competitive cyclist, and typically spend around 15 hours per week training. That may seem completely off topic, but I truly believe that sport really helps with focus. I'm curious if others among you find the same thing.

It's funny that a few people asked about 'those 10 points', as I couldn't help think the same thing. Stupid, but I guess it's human nature to never be 100% satisfied.

I wished I could provide some more constructive feedback on Verbal, but all I can repeat, is that having been through the OG, and understood the common SC errors, it just seemed to 'click' into place with the correct option almost popping out at me I found. I never really bothered in CR, as they always seemed fairly obvious to me, but I did focus a little in RC, on main point, and inference questions, as I found that initially I made the mistake of being either too broad or too narrow in my thinking with these types of questions.

I also found when they mention a statement from "line 12" for instance, read at least 10 lines before and after that line, as it's often a trick to catch out "the Joe Blogs" among us. But I think Princeton etc. say the same thing so I'm preaching to the choir here.

One thing which is probably sounds completely silly, I swear 80% of my answers were either A or E. It got to the point where I was a little paranoid that I was getting them all wrong, and joked to myself during the test that I could have just stuck E for everything and saved myself all that study!! I wouldn't recommend that technique to anyone here :-D , but thought it was worth mentioning as it was so apparent during the test.

Amitd,

I don't know whether you were serious or not about wanting help, but if so send me a PM, and we can discuss.
GMAT Club Bot
To answer some questions: [#permalink]
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37309 posts