Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 11 Jul 2014, 03:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Just finished with my exam, scored 710,need retake?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Just finished with my exam, scored 710,need retake? [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 10:50
Hi All,

Just finished with my exam today , official score with AWA and IR is yet to come. Scored 710(Quant 48,verbal 38). Quant score is bit disappointing as I was expecting 50. Got 50 or 49 in all my practice scores. I got an probability question on 24th question, and thought it was a good sign. Then from that point lost my focus and ended up rushing last 7 questions in 4 min. Probably all of them got wrong, not sure.

Any suggestions on retaking the exam. Perhaps a bit of time management would improve my score. i was expecting around 730-740.

Not sure if 710 is good enough score to get into ISB for an average candidate like me who has 5 years of IT experience.

Please help!!

Thanks
Expert Post
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46
Followers: 26

Kudos [?]: 103 [0], given: 11

CAT Tests
Re: Just finished with my exam, scored 710,need retake? [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 11:15
Expert's post
Hi,

Congrats on a solid score. Retaking a GMAT when you already have a great score is a tough decision. If you feel like:

1. Your score will hurt your chances of admission to the school where you want to apply

2. Something obvious went wrong on that particular test day (Timing, stress...)

3. Your score is significantly below your practice test scores

Then it may be a good idea to seriously consider a re-take. Is this your fist GMAT?

The obvious area for improvement is verbal. You may want to target your weak areas in verbal to try to get a few more points there. On the quant it sounds like you have a solid grasp of things but timing was an issue there in the end. And perhaps it wasn't just time management but managing your attitude/motivation/energy/focus through to the end of the exam. What CATs have you used so far for your practice?

HG.

"It is a curious property of research activity that after the problem has been solved the solution seems obvious. This is true not only for those who have not previously been acquainted with the problem, but also for those who have worked over it for years." -Dr. Edwin Land

GMAT Blog and Tutoring: http://AtlanticGMAT.com

If you found my post useful KUDOS are much appreciated.

IMPROVE YOUR READING COMPREHENSION with the ECONOMIST READING COMPREHENSION CHALLENGE:

Here is the first set and some strategies for approaching this work: http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-economist-reading-comprehension-challenge-151479.html

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Just finished with my exam, scored 710,need retake? [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 11:20
I took Manhattan test but didnot take it in timely manner. Took Gmat prep in timely manner and got 720 and 740 respectively.I am targeting for Indian School of Business and scoring above 730 would have boosted my application .
I worried about my chances in getting into ISB since there will always be a large pool of applicant to choose from since my background is IT.
Re: Just finished with my exam, scored 710,need retake?   [#permalink] 05 Feb 2013, 11:20