Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Aug 2014, 00:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Just got 450 (Q45,V11), Please help me :(

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Just got 450 (Q45,V11), Please help me :( [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2013, 07:38
Hi everybody,
I'm a non-native speaker of English, and I just spent 3 weeks to prepare for GMAT test.(read 8 manhattangmat books, OG Quant, OG Verbal- CR + SC)
First, I kept imagining that the verbal section will be the same as the reading test in IELTS, or in Toelft, so I spent 2 weeks for Quant. In the last week, I realized I was wrong, the verbal section is too difficult for me. One of the reasons why I feel this exam is very difficult, because my vocabulary is not good.
When I tried to do exam at home, I often got below 500, Quant often between 39-48, and Verbal always below 15 :lol:
I plan to test again in a month, so I should spend the whole time in practice on some website such as gmatclub or gmatpill, and I also intend to improve vocabulary by reading novels (if I have time) as an advice that I read on gmatclub
Every day, I can spend four to five hours for studying. My goal just only is 550-600.
Can anyone give me any more advices ?

Thank you
GMAT Pill GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Concentration: General Management, General Management
Schools: IIM A '15
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 167 [1] , given: 300

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Just got 450 (Q45,V11), Please help me :( [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2013, 09:38
This post received
KUDOS
dante666 wrote:
Hi everybody,
I'm a non-native speaker of English, and I just spent 3 weeks to prepare for GMAT test.(read 8 manhattangmat books, OG Quant, OG Verbal- CR + SC)
First, I kept imagining that the verbal section will be the same as the reading test in IELTS, or in Toelft, so I spent 2 weeks for Quant. In the last week, I realized I was wrong, the verbal section is too difficult for me. One of the reasons why I feel this exam is very difficult, because my vocabulary is not good.
When I tried to do exam at home, I often got below 500, Quant often between 39-48, and Verbal always below 15 :lol:
I plan to test again in a month, so I should spend the whole time in practice on some website such as gmatclub or gmatpill, and I also intend to improve vocabulary by reading novels (if I have time) as an advice that I read on gmatclub
Every day, I can spend four to five hours for studying. My goal just only is 550-600.
Can anyone give me any more advices ?

Thank you

Hi there,

Firstly, it is a 'Share the GMAT experience'. You could have elaborated what was your experience with the real thing(GMAT).For instance , what things you messed up in the REAL GMAT.

Secondly, AIM High , if you could manage Q48 then try to get V30, which I think is moderately tough.

Thirdly, though reading novels might help you in RC, verbal in GMAT is more of logic rather than content. You can logically eliminate most of the choices in both SC and CR.

Hope that helps !

Rgds,
TGC!

Rgds,
TGC!

Re: Just got 450 (Q45,V11), Please help me :(   [#permalink] 29 Oct 2013, 09:38