Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 14:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Just got a 550, know I can do better... could you help?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Just got a 550, know I can do better... could you help? [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2007, 13:18
Earlier today I took the GMATs and got a 550: V - 34 (70 %tile), Q - 32 (36 %tile). This is after finishing Kaplan and having 12 hours of private tutoring in math (oh golly!). My math score was the lowest I've ever gotten. In practice Kaplan CATs and GMATprep, my Q average was 35 (set: 33, 33, 35, 35, 35, 36, 37, 39). My score, however, was in line with my range... which has been 530-570 (5 full tests).

My pacing is what totally screwed me up today. I was scrambling toward the end of the Q section (10 mins at question 28) and I had 60 seconds left for the last 3 in V -- I had to guess on em! My thinking is that with some more Q practice and better pacing, I will do better!

I just signed up to take it again in 5 weeks. What should I do over the next five weeks to try to get a higher score?

Some of the ideas I had: completing all of the online Kaplan materials (I didn't touch a lot of it, esp toward the end) and doing more questions from the official guides. I have also used the Manhattan GMAT SC book, which was very helpful, so I may get their other strat books.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. You never know - I may end up crediting your good advice with a higher score! :)

Thank you.

edit: I should say that my target score is 650

Last edited by Octane on 18 Nov 2007, 01:48, edited 1 time in total.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2007, 00:58
Sorry for posting this in the wrong forum. Can an admin please move this to the GMAT experience forum? thx!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GMAT Date: 09-27-2013
GPA: 3.04
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 64

Re: Just got a 550, know I can do better... could you help? [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2012, 21:48
First advice would be to "have strong funda". Just review your practice test and check for the errors you made. Dont repeat it again. I am damn sure u will reach your target score of 650 easily. Hope it helps.
Re: Just got a 550, know I can do better... could you help?   [#permalink] 29 Sep 2012, 21:48