Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Oct 2014, 02:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

just got a 590 GMAT score, please eval my profile R3 apps!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

just got a 590 GMAT score, please eval my profile R3 apps! [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2011, 23:11
I need your help! Please help evaluate my profile. I just took my GMAT today and received a 590 score, I'm frankly a little disappointed. I was hoping to get high enough score to apply to UCLA FEMBA, USC PM or any top 20 school, but unfortunately my score only allows for USC PM.

Thank you in advance for taking a look at my profile, if you have suggestions of other top tier schools that you think I would have a shot with or you have heard of admission success stories with low GPA please share. Any words of encouragement is greatly appreciated at this point.

Male
29 y/o
Asian
Southern California Local

10 years management experience in Health Care (7 years managing a Radiology Clinic/3 years in Health Care staffing/sales)

3 of those 10 years I owned a Import/export recycling company part-time.

I have 2 internet start ups in development this year. Projected launch date for both is summer of 2011.

I will definitely have a great letter or reference from the current President of my company, current clients and also a reference for a Physician at my previous company.

Extracurricular/Military/Volunteer work- active member of the State Military Reserve

California State University - BA in Management GPA 2.9

2008-GMAT 540
2011-GMAT 590

MBA Concentration: Entrepreneurship

Round 3 applications

Last edited by GMATISMYWITCH on 29 Mar 2011, 23:37, edited 1 time in total.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 14

Re: just got a 590 GMAT score, please eval my profile R4 apps! [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2011, 23:25
I am sorry the GMAT didn't go as you planned, I know that can be tough. Unfortunately, the truth is a late round application, low GMAT and a low GPA from CSU is a tough pill to swallow for a top tier school. Miracles happen but usually that takes a pretty stellar story and I do not see that in your above post yet. You can always prepare the applications, USC is probably your best bet, but it will be an uphill battle. My advice would be to work on those internet start-ups this year, MAYBE put in some applications knowing it may only be for practice and tackle it again next year. I think your GMAT and your experience will both be improved by taking another year.

Becky