Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 20:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

just got my first admint: Tunderbird/ Second: Notre Dame

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

just got my first admint: Tunderbird/ Second: Notre Dame [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2006, 12:33
HI!!

I haven't posted in this forum for a while, ever since I got my scores back from the GMAT test back in December.

I tried to finish the applications for the second deadline, but it was impossible. So I have to submit for the thirds round.

only 10 days after I sumited my applicationpackage to T-bird, I received an email with title: Congratulations!

gotta say that it was a relief to have at least one school accepting me, however, I hope to receive more of such emails or calls from my top choices.

will keep you guys posted.

thanks.

If anyone of you see HongHu around, tell her thanks!
she was a great inspiration!

Kevin

discipline is what I need.

Last edited by kevinw on 12 Apr 2006, 14:19, edited 1 time in total.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

[#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2006, 12:51
Congratulation!!! Good luck

"This one step -- choosing a goal and sticking to it -- changes everything."
-Scott Reed

Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2006, 17:34
Congratulations. Thunderbird is a great school for international business!
Manager
Manager

Admitted to ND Mendoza School Of Business [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2006, 14:18
Hi All...

just wanted to share with you that I have also been admitted to Notre Dame MBA, Mendo School.

anybody knows anything about this school?
is it good?

I also go an $15K yearly grant, that will be applied over the Tuition costs.

:roll: :roll:

I still wait for the replies from my top picks......

discipline is what I need.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2006, 06:05
Congrats!!!
Can you share your profile with us?
Thank you!!!
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2006, 17:48
http://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/fo ... w-bschools

please read link above before making your decision on Thunderbird. It's always good to read other views of schools - positive and negative.

If linking to other message boards is not allowed, I will delete it.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2006, 07:41
Hey there,

I've been accepted to Thunderbird as well, and am extremely happy to be going there with a full-tuition scholarship. (I had many other top-tier options.) So, I am naturally biased.

I cannot comment on the veracity of the information on the businessweek forum. The fellow may be completely correct, but I do have two comments:

1) The people who most often say that they 'don't have an axe to grind', usually do. The author of the original post doesn't seem particularly credible to me. I'd like to see some substantiation for all the very detailed "facts" he has put forth, wouldn't you? Yet, when someone asked for that, the author scoffed and blustered.

2) Last June, I wrote T-bird asking for information and completely forgot about them. A month later, I received a call from them, a sort of pre-interview after which I was told I sounded like a good candidate for the school. (This, I believe, is why their acceptance numbers are so high; they tell folks who don't have the credentials to get in that their chances are low outright, so they don't apply.)

Regardless, I knew nothing about them, so I talked to a very trusted friend of mine, a fellow who was Vice Provost of International Affairs at my(big) undergraduate university, and had been doing work on the international stage for nearly 40 years. When I asked if I should apply to T-bird, I couldn't even finish the sentence before he emphatically said, "DO IT!"

Other people - professors and business associates alike - whom I asked about the school, voiced similar opinions with equal force. Thunderbird's reputation remains excellent and highly-regarded in the international business world.

When I visited campus, I had no sense of impending doom. The faculty did not seem dissatisified with their positions, the administration did not seem shaky and the students did not seem nervous. Students with whom I met - both Campus Ambassadors and "unaffiliated" ones - all said that they loved it, that the classes were very intense and interesting, and that they were extremely pleased with their choice of school.

Yes, Thunderbird is undergoing a process of repositioning. With other schools finally realizing the importance of incorporating international education into their curricula, Thunderbird lost its unique edge. So, all the other schools having caught up, T-bird is positioning itself to jump ahead again.

Well, like I said, I'm biased by my impeding affiliation to Thunderbird's side, but I feel it necessary to offer a positive perspective on the school.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me, and I will be happy to try and answer them. :)
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2006, 07:56
shalihe74 wrote:
Hey there,

I've been accepted to Thunderbird as well, and am extremely happy to be going there with a full-tuition scholarship. (I had many other top-tier options.) So, I am naturally biased.

I cannot comment on the veracity of the information on the businessweek forum. The fellow may be completely correct, but I do have two comments:

1) The people who most often say that they 'don't have an axe to grind', usually do. The author of the original post doesn't seem particularly credible to me. I'd like to see some substantiation for all the very detailed "facts" he has put forth, wouldn't you? Yet, when someone asked for that, the author scoffed and blustered.

2) Last June, I wrote T-bird asking for information and completely forgot about them. A month later, I received a call from them, a sort of pre-interview after which I was told I sounded like a good candidate for the school. (This, I believe, is why their acceptance numbers are so high; they tell folks who don't have the credentials to get in that their chances are low outright, so they don't apply.)

Regardless, I knew nothing about them, so I talked to a very trusted friend of mine, a fellow who was Vice Provost of International Affairs at my(big) undergraduate university, and had been doing work on the international stage for nearly 40 years. When I asked if I should apply to T-bird, I couldn't even finish the sentence before he emphatically said, "DO IT!"

Other people - professors and business associates alike - whom I asked about the school, voiced similar opinions with equal force. Thunderbird's reputation remains excellent and highly-regarded in the international business world.

When I visited campus, I had no sense of impending doom. The faculty did not seem dissatisified with their positions, the administration did not seem shaky and the students did not seem nervous. Students with whom I met - both Campus Ambassadors and "unaffiliated" ones - all said that they loved it, that the classes were very intense and interesting, and that they were extremely pleased with their choice of school.

Yes, Thunderbird is undergoing a process of repositioning. With other schools finally realizing the importance of incorporating international education into their curricula, Thunderbird lost its unique edge. So, all the other schools having caught up, T-bird is positioning itself to jump ahead again.

Well, like I said, I'm biased by my impeding affiliation to Thunderbird's side, but I feel it necessary to offer a positive perspective on the school.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me, and I will be happy to try and answer them. :)

I hope your right for all alumni and future students. I would hate to see people use their hard earned dollars on a program that may not be recognized in ten years.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2006, 13:39
Me too! I may have a scholarship, but I'll have a lot invested with them, too! I'm confident it is a good call, though. :)

Regardless of all this, though: congrats on your admits, Kevin!
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2006, 09:04
shalihe74 wrote:
Me too! I may have a scholarship, but I'll have a lot invested with them, too! I'm confident it is a good call, though. :)

Regardless of all this, though: congrats on your admits, Kevin!

Hi shalihe74,

I was admitted at T-birds too but without financial aid. However, I was also admitted at South Calorina( moore). Could you advise which U. should I select?

Thank you.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2006, 08:41
I am wondering as you are......

ND seems a good school. Thunderbird has a very good reputation for international business, but from mouth to mouth, not many people have heard about T-bird, however, everyone knows about ND.

well, still hoping to get accepted in the other schools I have applied for:

Kellogg
Stanf
Berkeley
UCLA
DUKE
Harvard??...

Denied at:
MIT
Chicago.

Accepted:
T-bird