Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Jul 2014, 20:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Just received a 620 (45Q, 31V)...retake?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Just received a 620 (45Q, 31V)...retake? [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2006, 18:16
Although I'd like to get into a Top 10 school, this is not my main goal. My score is just below average at several of the schools that I'm applying to and at the low end of the range for my top school (610-710, avg 670).
Would it be a good idea to retake the GMAT one last time to try to improve my score before submitting my applications?
I hold a biology degree and I'm looking to move into the biotech industry. I thought this might be an advantage.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

[#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2006, 19:41
Well, you're 50 points below their average GMAT, so it would probably be worth retaking if you have the time to properly study for it. How are your other stats compared to their averages?
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

[#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2006, 20:07
My GPA was approx 3.3, compared to a school average of 3.38. But, I think a challenging undergrad degree in biology is to my advantage. I will have over six years of diverse work experience in two different industries upon entering.
If I retake, it will be around the end of December. My key area of study will be the verbal, but I won't be able to commit alot of time, as I'm currently working on my essays.
I do think at least a 20-30 point boost could help my chances and it can't hurt to retake.
I was very tired on the day of the test as well...I studied the night before. This really hurt my concentration during the verbal. In my opinion, being completed rested could really help my verbal score.
  [#permalink] 26 Nov 2006, 20:07