Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 10:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Just started at HBS---Let me know if you have q's

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Reviews Badge
Just started at HBS---Let me know if you have q's [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2012, 08:13
Hey all,

Just started at HBS, and the process of getting here was really challenging. As an applicant it was really hard for me to find out what the student experience was really like since I didn't know any current students. Guys at my office had gone to HBS a few years back, but since the landscape is so different than it was a few years ago, I felt a little unsure about the actual experience.

The best thing about my experience thus far, other than my classmates, is the FIELD curriculum. FIELD is a practical learning class that gives students international experience and entrepreneurial experience.

If anybody has any questions about FIELD, or living at One Western Avenue, let me know. Happy to give more details about the application and/or student experience. Just hit me up!
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.96
WE: Research (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 127

Re: Just started at HBS---Let me know if you have q's [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 10:01
Hi,

I just happened to read this post today and i am really glad i did!. I had two concerns- I am Scientist from a completely biotech research background (with my past work experiences, post graduation and graduation) I was apprehensive if i would fit in the HBS class, where students seem to have entirely different background? like i wanted to ask if there was anyone of a similar background at HBS you know? Secondly, yes HBS is my dream school (as of half a million B school applicants) and the FIELD method along with the CASE method is outstanding i do follow information abt them on youtube HBS channel. I would be applying in R3 as i need to significantly improve my GMAT score..do you think that R3 is as gud a not applying at all? i heard that most of the class i full by R2 and applying in R3 (esp. for an INDIAN) is a waste of time!...any inputs and suggestions will be a great help thanks in advance
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Just started at HBS---Let me know if you have q's [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 16:36
first i am international student and now im in united states. I am planning to apply the wharton or HBS right after graduate the undergrad.

i got 750 scores on GMAT and 115 on TOEFL. and My GPA is 3.67. all i have is few internship in united states.

is it fine to apply HBS or wharton?

how percentage is to get in?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GMAT 2: Q V

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 11

Re: Just started at HBS---Let me know if you have q's [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2013, 11:56
What's the FIELD experience like? What exactly does it entail? And thank you!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Just started at HBS---Let me know if you have q's [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2013, 23:36
Had a question about the application process - when you get invited to the interview, will you have a chance to sit in on a class a day or two before that session? Thanks a lot!
Re: Just started at HBS---Let me know if you have q's   [#permalink] 15 Sep 2013, 23:36