Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 13:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

just starting

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

just starting [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2012, 17:41
I found gmatclub through google and I couldn't be more pleased. I'm planning on moving to NY (Long Island area) in the coming year and shooting for Columbia or Stern, so I need 700+ to look good.
Just from the 2 weeks I've been lurking in the forums I've gotten so much helpful information and I can't express my appreciation to everyone that has pooled their knowledge here.

I'm currently looking at @2yrs from taking GMAT and I was wondering if that would change any of the prep advice I've found? or just give me more time to practice?

Thanks again
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Followers: 539

Kudos [?]: 2280 [0], given: 31

Re: just starting [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2012, 12:53
Expert's post
Hi, there. I'm happy to give my two cents here.

I don't know what you've heard already, but in case you haven't heard: The GMAT is changing in mid-2012. They are adding a new question type, Integrated Reasoning. This will be a new 12-question section on the GMAT, starting at the beginning of June. Here are a couple links with information.

http://www.mba.com/the-gmat/nex-gen/fin ... nging.aspx

http://www.mba.com/the-gmat/nex-gen.aspx

Apparently, a new official guide will be available in April (so they say at http://www.mba.com/the-gmat/nex-gen/pre ... e-exam.asp)

If you are planning to take the GMAT 2 years out, then it appears you will have plenty of time to prepare even for this newest question.

Mike :)

Mike McGarry
Magoosh Test Prep

Re: just starting   [#permalink] 11 Jan 2012, 12:53