Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 22:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Just starting? Use PowerPrep

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 32 [1] , given: 0

Just starting? Use PowerPrep [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2008, 07:18
This post received
KUDOS
Hey for those of you who are just starting to study, I recommend doing a PowerPrep test. The majority of these questions are from the OG so you can get a really good indication of where you are. I took this test after doing all of the OG problems (both the supplements) and thought I wasted my time since I was basically redoing problems and rememberd most of the Verbal answers.

The PowerPrep test was created by the old makers of the GMAT and GMATPrep is made by the new providers. Either way, both set of test are free. You can download GMATPrep from mba.com and you can get PowerPrep by searching google (it'll be at gorilla something or other). People have said the GMATPrep is a very very good indicator for what you'll score on the real thing but you only have two chances to take it when you really think you're ready.

Good luck.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Berkeley Haas
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 33 [1] , given: 0

Re: Just starting? Use PowerPrep [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2008, 16:32
This post received
KUDOS
Thanks for this man....
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 39 [1] , given: 0

Re: Just starting? Use PowerPrep [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2008, 16:53
This post received
KUDOS
Good point. Do PP first to get an idea of where you are at, then start doing OG...
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: Just starting? Use PowerPrep [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2008, 10:40
This post received
KUDOS
I've just taken the PowerPrep and surprisingly ended 640 (Q47/V31). SC questions seems to be rather strange. I usually do 1-2 mistakes in SC while making 5-6 in PowerPrep. Many questions were very ambigous.

I think there is no point in taking PowerPrep CAT after working on OG. Too many distractors...
Re: Just starting? Use PowerPrep   [#permalink] 14 Feb 2008, 10:40