Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 07:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Just taken: GMAT in August

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Just taken: GMAT in August [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2003, 23:37
Dear All,

I am writing to you regarding my GMAT experience. I have just taken GMAT couple of days ago. It seems harder than previous one I had taken. Hard. Prob in the 3rd Q question and Hard SC / CR in the first 10 V questions. Finally I got 660 (Q50/V31)

Now here is my question. I am a international prospective student. I am looking forward to going into MBA program in Fall 2004. I have quite strong credentials, such as Engineering background (top 10% in one of the strongest schools in my country), plenty of extracurricular activities (cooperation, non-profit, etc.) and a broad (6 yrs) and successful work experience both in private sector and in non-profit sector (at this time I am Marketing Director of an internationally recognized non-profit).

The only rock I have found in my way is GMAT. While I got in the Toefl a strong 277 (95%), I have taken GMAT three times I got a mere 650 (Q 48, V 31) in the first, 650 (Q46, V34) and the last 660 (Q50, V31)... (YES, I AM EXTRAORDINARY ACCURATE AS YOU CAN SEE...) . I do not know what to do and have several doubts, such as:

- Should I retake the Gmat one more time as I believe I can do better or concentrate on applications? Does the lack of increase in GMAT score harm my application?

- Are there a maximum number of test tries that you can bring to bschool?

- Do bschools receive only the 3 more recent results? or do they receive all the results that you have?

So, I will be very thankful if you could bring me some light on this issue.

Thank you very much in advance.

PS: If anyone is especially interested I can offer a deeper vision of my quite recent Gmat experience.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2003, 02:37
Hi, jorgecosano2!

Are you sure that you've got exactly Q50 V31 ?

I've taken gmat in April and got Q50 V31, however my score was 680 (90%)?

Since I am planning to retake gmat pretty soon, I am shocked that now Q50 and V31 is equal 660 (and not 680)!!!

Could you, please, check your score on more time - is it now true that Q50 V31 = 660???

Thanks
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2003, 10:46
Jorge,

I don┬┤t know where are you form, but from your name it seems you are from Latin america. Well I am from Uruguay, so maybe we are neighbours.
Regarding your GMAT, The retaking will depend on what schools are you targeting. If your aonly hope is to get into Harvard, Wharton or Stanford, maybe you should retake, but if your target does not "only" inlcude those schools, I think you a very good chance of being accepted.
About taking the exam more than once, I can tell you that schools will get information of the last 3 exams, but if you have already send the score, they will have the whole picture.
I have already taken the GMAT 3 times and I am going for the fourth later in August. My scores are lower than yours, but my target is only top ten schools, so I aim 680 or above. I think you have a good chance of being accepted at a top school, but you may find some difficulties in schools like H/S/W, Columbia, Kellog and Mit.
With your score you may well have a posibility in Chicago, UMBS, Duke, Tuck, and many others, even if you are lucky you can gain admission to one of the first group.

Hope this helps.

You got a 50 in Q, how was that you found difficult the math section. Your score is great.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2159

Kudos [?]: 7595 [0], given: 3626

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
 [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2003, 12:41
Expert's post
Mikhail wrote:
Hi, jorgecosano2!

Are you sure that you've got exactly Q50 V31 ?

I've taken gmat in April and got Q50 V31, however my score was 680 (90%)?

Since I am planning to retake gmat pretty soon, I am shocked that now Q50 and V31 is equal 660 (and not 680)!!!

Could you, please, check your score on more time - is it now true that Q50 V31 = 660???

Thanks

It is fairly common to have two scores for teh same raw score: e.g. 50,35 can be 700 or 710. However, This will be the first time that there is a difference of 20 points. I think this is a typo or an error. IN any case, the score you have on your print out is your score. 680 is 680.

Bogdan.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2159

Kudos [?]: 7595 [0], given: 3626

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Just taken: GMAT in August [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2003, 12:47
Expert's post
jorgecosano2 wrote:
Dear All,

I am writing to you regarding my GMAT experience. I have just taken GMAT couple of days ago. It seems harder than previous one I had taken. Hard. Prob in the 3rd Q question and Hard SC / CR in the first 10 V questions. Finally I got 660 (Q50/V31)

Now here is my question. I am a international prospective student. I am looking forward to going into MBA program in Fall 2004. I have quite strong credentials, such as Engineering background (top 10% in one of the strongest schools in my country), plenty of extracurricular activities (cooperation, non-profit, etc.) and a broad (6 yrs) and successful work experience both in private sector and in non-profit sector (at this time I am Marketing Director of an internationally recognized non-profit).

The only rock I have found in my way is GMAT. While I got in the Toefl a strong 277 (95%), I have taken GMAT three times I got a mere 650 (Q 48, V 31) in the first, 650 (Q46, V34) and the last 660 (Q50, V31)... (YES, I AM EXTRAORDINARY ACCURATE AS YOU CAN SEE...) . I do not know what to do and have several doubts, such as:

- Should I retake the Gmat one more time as I believe I can do better or concentrate on applications? Does the lack of increase in GMAT score harm my application?

- Are there a maximum number of test tries that you can bring to bschool?

- Do bschools receive only the 3 more recent results? or do they receive all the results that you have?

So, I will be very thankful if you could bring me some light on this issue.

Thank you very much in advance.

PS: If anyone is especially interested I can offer a deeper vision of my quite recent Gmat experience.

Jorge, we surely are interested in your GMAT experience - it is always interesting.

The schools get 4 most recent results that show up on your score report. I think you can take only 4 GMAT's a year. At least that's teh most recent rule I know. It used to be that if you take more than 4 a year, the latest will not show up on the report, but you can still take it.

As to re-taking; it depends how you feel - if you have patience and strength and some areas you think you can improve - I would go for it, but if it is a waste of time and just more frustration, I would just make sure I have stronger essays.

Frankly, if you are in unknown area - i would have concentrated on the essays and applications and if I felt a little time left before the deadline, I would have taken the GMAT again - however, I would not send the scores to teh school. I would wait to see the score - if you get a higher one - send it; if not, just use the ones you sent to school previously.

Bogdan.
Re: Just taken: GMAT in August   [#permalink] 12 Aug 2003, 12:47