Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 02:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

just took gmat today scored 360.... feeling depressed

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 11

just took gmat today scored 360.... feeling depressed [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2012, 19:02
I took gmat test today and was surprised when i saw my score of 370 Q19 V23. I work full-time and weird hours and the only time i could study was after work and on weekends. It was terrible! I was very disappointed but I'm not going to give up. I'm changing my strategy and plan to retake the exam in a month. I will dedicate 7-8 hours of study time to beat the GMAT. What are the proven strategies for both verbal and math. I was very good in math back in high school and college, graduated from college with 3.3 GPA. Next month is my last chance to tackle this test and i will whatever it takes to score 650+. Any strategies or suggestions are highly appreciated.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Re: just took gmat today scored 360.... feeling depressed [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2012, 19:44
the first time when I took GmatPrep exam without any preparation I scored 370 actually. Afetr studying for several weeks I took Peterson's Cat got 540, a week ago took MGMAT practice scored 580. I don't know what went wrong but i had 20 minutes left after i was done with math portion of gmat. I don't know what to do but i think my old strategy is no good. I have ordered veritas full set so that I can have more material to study.
Director
Director
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V24
Followers: 60

Kudos [?]: 285 [0], given: 264

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: just took gmat today scored 360.... feeling depressed [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2012, 19:54
I know somebody else also who scored 360 in first attempt and 700 in second
check out this link
from-360-to-700-q49v37-128273.html

Fire the final bullet only when you are constantly hitting the Bull's eye, till then KEEP PRACTICING.

A WAY TO INCREASE FROM QUANT 35-40 TO 47 : a-way-to-increase-from-q35-40-to-q-138750.html

Q 47/48 To Q 50 + the-final-climb-quest-for-q-50-from-q47-129441.html#p1064367

Three good RC strategies three-different-strategies-for-attacking-rc-127287.html

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V29
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V37
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 24

GMAT Tests User
Re: just took gmat today scored 360.... feeling depressed [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2012, 03:10
rovshan85 wrote:
I will dedicate 7-8 hours of study time to beat the GMAT.

A day or throughout the whole month?
Maybe you should try to invest more than just a month ;)
Expert Post
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 85

Kudos [?]: 480 [0], given: 432

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: just took gmat today scored 360.... feeling depressed [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2012, 09:28
Expert's post
We would like to help you to improve your score, but could you please elaborate on your preparation? Information on study materials, background, and length of study would be helpful.

Thanks!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 313 [0], given: 190

Re: just took gmat today scored 360.... feeling depressed [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2012, 13:51
GMAT is not a sprint (for most people), rather its a marathon. Cramming in 1 month is not good IMHO. Better take slow and steady for 3-4 months and see how it goes.

The question is not can you rise up to iconic! The real question is will you ?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: just took gmat today scored 360.... feeling depressed [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2012, 15:02
Before studying anymore any content, I guess you really need to understand what this test is all about and how it works. I wasted almost a year cramming until I realized I was studying for a test I conceived in mind but I learned from this mistake. You have a great chance to rebouce. Really spend time on the forum trying to think like gmat and then build on that content then practice iteratively learning by trial and error.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
WE: Project Management (Other)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: just took gmat today scored 360.... feeling depressed [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2012, 16:14
AbhiJ wrote:
GMAT is not a sprint (for most people), rather its a marathon. Cramming in 1 month is not good IMHO. Better take slow and steady for 3-4 months and see how it goes.

Second that.
Take a break from the GMAT for a bit and get back on the horse. This forum has fantastic advice as far as books, study plans, etc... Good luck!

Kudos is a great way to say Thank you...

Intern
Intern

Re: just took gmat today scored 360.... feeling depressed [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2012, 19:29
I'm determined to tackle the GMAT and I'm ready to dedicate 7-8 hours a day to prepare for it. I have already studied for gmat for a month now so technically it would be two month study for me. I signed up for Master the GMAT course and will work hard to get the needed score. I need to score at least 600 to get accepted into the school of my choice. The deadline is in July. I believe that 370 is not my level because I have scored higher than that on ptractice exams. I do understand that it is not all about memorizing but understanding the GMAT method but i think if I fully focus and concentrate on Verbal and Quant materials I can do it.
During the exam i also had a problem. I took the exam 8am in the morning. First two essays were pretty easy went through those without any major issues. Before starting the math part of the GMAT i wanted to take a break because i was dehydrated. I raised my hand but exam proctor was in the backroom laughing and giggling. I did not get to take my break and that did not help my case. I'm going to take GMATPrep practice in a few days.
Intern
Intern

Re: just took gmat today scored 360.... feeling depressed [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2012, 19:33
BTW i used Kaplan 800, Peterson's MAster the GMAT, watched GMAT pill courses, some other Kaplan books and of course OG12. I'm thinking that those books (except OG12) are not any good and that's why decided to enroll in master the gmat courses. i also plan to utilize veritas prep books. It's going to be a long month for me....
Manager
Manager
WE: Project Management (Other)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: just took gmat today scored 360.... feeling depressed [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 17:21
rovshan85 wrote:
BTW i used Kaplan 800, Peterson's MAster the GMAT, watched GMAT pill courses, some other Kaplan books and of course OG12. I'm thinking that those books (except OG12) are not any good and that's why decided to enroll in master the gmat courses. i also plan to utilize veritas prep books. It's going to be a long month for me....

Have you already bought the Veritas books?
If not, I would advise you to take a look at the 8 MGMAT study guides.
You could either purchase them from their website (http://www.manhattangmat.com/Store.cfm),
form Amazon or 2nd hand (see buy-sell-books-and-find-study-groups-4/)

Also take advantage of the free resources at: http://www.manhattangmat.com/resources/index.cfm

Kudos is a great way to say Thank you...

Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Re: just took gmat today scored 360.... feeling depressed [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 17:39
Good luck im in the same situation. Got a 520 1st attempt which is much lower than my practice exams ( usually high 500s low 600s ). Gonna study everyday and then taking GMAT end of April/Beg of May. Plan is to gain acceptance into a graduate school for MAcc. Applying to schools with new MAcc programs. Won't have the score for USC :(
Intern
Intern

Re: just took gmat today scored 360.... feeling depressed [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 17:57
I already bought veritas books. I looked at reviews it seemed like a pretty successful material. I did buy Mgmat foundation of GMAT math and got a og13th Ed. Good luck to you too AzWildcat1. I'm studying 8 hours a day need to get around 620 to 650 min. Hopefully hard work will payoff
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 313 [0], given: 190

Re: just took gmat today scored 360.... feeling depressed [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 23:28
Even if you veritas guides, would suggest you to get MGMAT Sentence Correction book, you would have access to 6 MGMAT cats.

The question is not can you rise up to iconic! The real question is will you ?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: just took gmat today scored 360.... feeling depressed [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 13:48
The lower your score is, the more scope you have for improvement. Don't get disheartened and re-start.
Re: just took gmat today scored 360.... feeling depressed   [#permalink] 05 Apr 2012, 13:48