Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Jul 2014, 09:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Just took Kaplan's online practice test cold... thoughts?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Just took Kaplan's online practice test cold... thoughts? [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2008, 13:15
I'm new to the board and just starting my GMAT journey. I decided to take Kaplan's online GMAT exam without any studying just so I could establish a baseline. I'm a bit disappointed with my score of 580, but should I be? How does this rate for a going in cold on this particular test? I'm going to order the official guide soon, take the MBA.com sample exam and then give the real thing a shot by year end.

A little background on me - completed the CFA last year, worked on the sell side and then went to the buy side where I've been for over 3 years.

My target school is the University of Chicago GSB (hence my screen name).

:)
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Re: Just took Kaplan's online practice test cold... thoughts? [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2008, 14:18
i started studying with the kaplan guides...first test scored a 560, second test scored a 590. then switched to the official tests off mba.com, and scored a 710 and a 730 (only one week of studying between the 590 and the 710). then scored a 750 on the real thing. IMO the kaplan full-length tests are 1) more difficult than the real thing, and 2) have a really pessimistic scoring algorithm. i wouldn't worry about a 580 on kaplan...but make sure to do the mba.com tests to up your confidence!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Just took Kaplan's online practice test cold... thoughts? [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2008, 17:19
Do not rely on Kaplan score. The score is not the accurate indicator of your performance. Just use those tests as practice tests. However your scores in GMATprep test bear much weight followed by Manhattan online CAT tests.

Nobody dies a virgin, life screws us all.

Intern
Intern

Re: Just took Kaplan's online practice test cold... thoughts? [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2008, 20:16
Re: Just took Kaplan's online practice test cold... thoughts?   [#permalink] 29 Sep 2008, 20:16